Author Topic: TAR Canada 3 - Ep 6 "Who is Alex Trebek?"  (Read 9256 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 3 - Ep 6 "Who is Alex Trebek?"
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 11:17:19 AM »
Maybe the Pit Stop is on an island and they have to row to it. Looks secluded.

I didn't think much of it at the time as it seemed minor, but one other thing one of my spotters in Sudbury did tell me on Twitter is that she saw them canoeing on the lake (it's in the Sightings thread somewhere)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »
Maybe the Pit Stop is on an island and they have to row to it. Looks secluded.

I didn't think much of it at the time as it seemed minor, but one other thing one of my spotters in Sudbury did tell me on Twitter is that she saw them canoeing on the lake (it's in the Sightings thread somewhere)

Yeah, I just reviewed the sightings thread and saw that! And the official Twitter teased a pic the other day with a clue box in front of the Big Nickel.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »
There's been a couple of interesting article in the Sudbury press following in the wake of episode 6 being filmed there.

First of all, it's come out that between promotional commercials and subsidies to TAR Canada, Sudbury spent $55,000 of government funds to entice them to film there. I suspect that's not too uncommon, but in this case, they've released the figures. They believe that the expense of the publicity will be more than made up in increased tourism and business opportunities.

http://www.thesudburystar.com/2015/08/21/city-releases-amazing-race-cost-to-taxpayers

The second article talks about what Sudbury can do to capitalize on their recent exposure. It's not as interesting but the author says that "We know that other partners were invited to participate and my sense is that total investment will be north of $150,000."

http://www.thesudburystar.com/2015/08/21/sudbury-column-amazing-race-amazing-opportunity

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 02:33:30 PM »
Interesting!! Wonder how those funds were actually spent? Promised improvements, advertising, discounts for permits and the like?  Or an actual payment? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »
Apparently it worked...The Sudbury leg was the 4th highest-rated episode ever! After the series premiere and seasons 1 and 2 finales.

2.966 million.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 03:30:42 AM »
Sudbury won an award because of this leg.

https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/amazing-race-canada-helps-sudbury-win-tourism-award-475272

on one of the most boring legs of the season too gj Canada!  :cmas29