Author Topic: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**  (Read 87249 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**
« Reply #325 on: November 14, 2015, 07:45:51 PM »
Virtually everywhere in Europe is okay to be visited.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: November 14, 2015, 07:49:13 PM »
I watched some videos of team annoucements and came across the Pro Frisbee Players, Kurt Gibson & Brodie Smith announcement video, they said that they learned and practiced driving a stick shift. Could that hint a possibility that there will be self-driving legs and I wonder who are the "sponsors"  ???

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: November 14, 2015, 07:58:19 PM »
I watched some videos of team annoucements and came across the Pro Frisbee Players, Kurt Gibson & Brodie Smith announcement video, they said that they learned and practiced driving a stick shift. Could that hint a possibility that there will be self-driving legs and I wonder who are the "sponsors"  ???

They probably just said that because they studied the race well enough to know that learning to drive stick is one of the cardinal rules.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #328 on: November 14, 2015, 08:37:59 PM »

They probably just said that because they studied the race well enough to know that learning to drive stick is one of the cardinal rules.

That is a possibility, I just do hope that we will see self-driving legs in this season.  :hearts:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #329 on: November 14, 2015, 09:12:31 PM »
Well, everyone ready and excited for tomorrow? :)

I've been down on this season, but if the route is good, that'll really make the difference.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #330 on: November 14, 2015, 10:35:33 PM »
Even after all this Europe is still safest continent, like seriously this is just an incident, Europe didn't turn into a war zone all of a sudden. Don't overreact.
Well, it wasn't just an incident.  Again, TAR has pulled out of countries last minute for far less things.
It's not overreacting to speculate that countries like France, Turkey, Belgium, Greece may be avoided because of security concerns, even before Friday.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #331 on: November 15, 2015, 07:17:11 AM »
Even after all this Europe is still safest continent, like seriously this is just an incident, Europe didn't turn into a war zone all of a sudden. Don't overreact.
Well, it wasn't just an incident.  Again, TAR has pulled out of countries last minute for far less things.
It's not overreacting to speculate that countries like France, Turkey, Belgium, Greece may be avoided because of security concerns, even before Friday.

I'm sure the producers just want to play it safe.

Perhaps the route could be

1. North America - Asia - Oceania - South America - North America
2. North America - Oceania - Asia - Southern Africa - South America - North America

Perhaps the countries in the Caribbean can be visited if there are no hurricanes expected. There are still numerous safe countries in the Caribbean that can be visited.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #332 on: November 15, 2015, 07:26:19 AM »
I hope it's not a plenty "double legs" route again, like TAR24, because of the accidents in Europe...
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: November 15, 2015, 08:04:01 AM »
Manila is off the list for now, due to "possible terrorist attacks" that's spreading across my social media pages. :ascared

Oh, and tons of flights were cancelled because of that. :res:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:12:40 AM by Platrium »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #334 on: November 15, 2015, 08:11:31 AM »

I'm sure the producers just want to play it safe.

Perhaps the route could be

1. North America - Asia - Oceania - South America - North America
2. North America - Oceania - Asia - Southern Africa - South America - North America

Perhaps the countries in the Caribbean can be visited if there are no hurricanes expected. There are still numerous safe countries in the Caribbean that can be visited.

Caribbean and Central America are totally safe for now, preventing to avoid gang violence in some of Central American countries such as Honduras and El Salvador.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:01:36 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: November 15, 2015, 08:16:52 AM »
Manila is off the list for now, due to "possible terrorist attacks" that's spreading across my social media pages. :ascared

There are no true threats in our country, this is just local Philippine social media being Dbags.

Flights were NOT cancelled because of that, but due to the current APEC summit (:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: November 15, 2015, 08:28:21 AM »

There are no true threats in our country, this is just local Philippine social media being Dbags.

Flights were NOT cancelled because of that, but due to the current APEC summit (:

Thanks for clarifying! :tup:
Btw, what time will TAR28 start in our local time? :)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: November 15, 2015, 08:32:12 AM »

11:30 AM! ;D

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #338 on: November 15, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »

Thanks a lot! :grins:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #339 on: November 15, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »

Thanks a lot! :grins:

Damn, I'm at work on that time! I hope someone can make a thread to update the live-stream. *staring at peach* NVM, peach has already create the thread. :luvya:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #340 on: November 15, 2015, 10:36:41 AM »
It'll be 3:30am in London  :didimiss: :'(

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: November 15, 2015, 10:39:50 AM »
Hopefully it will be available afterwards

Offline travilana

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #342 on: November 15, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »
Caribbean and Central America are totally safe for now, preventing to avoid gang violence in some of Central American countries such as Honduras and El Salvador.

I really, REALLY hope they drop by Central America, especially Guatemala. I was just there & those 2 other countries you mentioned last month, and I felt safer in Guatemala than when I was in Brazil & LA.

... But you know, government travel advice tend to exaggerate stuff so  )-**

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: November 15, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »
What if race start in altanta

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #344 on: November 15, 2015, 05:04:24 PM »
Didn't happen for everyone at least!! Thank goodness!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.