Author Topic: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**  (Read 87578 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2015, 01:20:20 AM »
Well, I'll say this. I HATE what is planned.

I'll also say this. I HATED the idea of blind daters....but it turned out okay. So....

But spending a bunch of energy on heavily RECRUITING a season when you have so many people APPLYING that would be fabulous....  :duno:

Do you have some inside info? Are we sure that TAR28 will be "themed season"?

(I hope this question isn't inappropriate.)

I don't think the question is inappropriate, but I'd rather not have Peach spoil it yet ;) , for "safety(?)" reasons and for suspense.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2015, 01:30:28 AM »
Blair & Hayley (<333) wasn't recruited tbh. They show Blair's audition video in surgeon room.

But yeah, 26 would be like 100000x lamer had they not be on that season.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2015, 03:37:43 AM »
I don't think the question is inappropriate, but I'd rather not have Peach spoil it yet ;) , for "safety(?)" reasons and for suspense.

Peach, you can PM me! I won't spoil it for anyone else! Hehe.

But anyway, this has been very interesting.  Usually, we speculate on the route, yes?  But now we're speculating about what possible crazy gimmick they might have next! 

Exciting?  Or maybe scary?  :grins:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2015, 07:34:24 AM »
It is DEFINITELY scary. Especially after Peach's words.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2015, 07:45:24 AM »
It is DEFINITELY scary. Especially after Peach's words.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »

Well, I'll say this. I HATE what is planned.

I'll also say this. I HATED the idea of blind daters....but it turned out okay. So....

But spending a bunch of energy on heavily RECRUITING a season when you have so many people APPLYING that would be fabulous....  :duno:

Do you have some inside info? Are we sure that TAR28 will be "themed season"?

(I hope this question isn't inappropriate.)

What I said above stands.

But I am a TAR classicist. I want ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

And I hated the idea of blind daters, and it was okay in the end. SO take me with a grain of salt. Just because I hate the idea doesn't mean all of you will.

But yes we are sure. TAR 28 is casted.

For that reason, AS ALWAYS, to protect the racers, we will not allow ANY posts that identify racers until the race is safely underway.

So speculate, but even if you think you know someone... NO racer ID's .. (yet).

Feel free to ask me before posting if you think you might have "too much too soon." 

And the good news...ratings are holding, and so we HAVE a TAR 28!! :tup:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2015, 12:03:37 PM »
This is a timely relevant article, I suggest reading it!

“If it ain’t broke…” We all know the rest of the old adage, and indeed, several of television’s biggest, and longest-running, unscripted formats seem to be in fine shape. But no programming juggernaut remains atop the mountain forever. Here, teams behind some of the biggest series on television discuss how to keep legacy formats fresh.

Read more: http://realscreen.com/2015/10/19/staying-alive-burnett-van-munster-on-keeping-formats-fresh/#ixzz3p2B5iV2Q
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2015, 12:54:39 PM »
[ S ]pending a bunch of energy on heavily RECRUITING a season when you have so many people APPLYING that would be fabulous....  :duno:

Hmmm... ??? This is already a good enough clue on what the cast could be like.

So maybe I can take my time to think about this: If I were in their shoes, who, or which kinds of people, would I recruit? ???

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2015, 01:22:28 PM »
Ratings are in line with last year, when many other shows are down, so you think CBS would get the idea that we want normal people.    Unlike some on here who say that s26 turned out ok, I think it turned out to be utter trash.  So I don't think I can put up with another horrible gimmick season

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »
Peach, may I ask, do you have any idea when the race will be starting?

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »
5 things this season needs:
1 Back to the Basics
2 Better Editing
3 Better Leg Designs
4 Stellar Cast
5 TAR18 + TAR25
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2015, 12:37:19 AM »
This might be a long shot, but bear with me:

So far, the prizes - at least the trips teams get for 1st place - in Season 27 have been to El Jadida, Morocco (won in Leg 2 by Justin & Diana), Siem Reap, Cambodia (won in Leg 3 by Tanner & Josh), and Bratislava, Slovakia (won in Leg 5 by Denise & James Earl). This last one had me thinking. It's not like Bratislava is the most popular destination in Europe. Sure, it's a beautiful city, but why not send them to Paris or London or something? So I'm curious:

What if all the trip prizes in season 27 are where the race will actually visit in Season 28?  ??? Wouldn't that be a cool way for production to casually hint at the locations for next season! If so, season 28 would be visiting Morocco, Cambodia, and Bratislava, which most speculation on this thread has been discussing visits to...  :cheer:
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2015, 01:00:53 AM »

So far, the prizes - at least the trips teams get for 1st place - in Season 27 have been to El Jadida, Morocco (won in Leg 2 by Justin & Diana), Siem Reap, Cambodia (won in Leg 3 by Tanner & Josh), and Bratislava, Slovakia (won in Leg 5 by Denise & James Earl). This last one had me thinking. It's not like Bratislava is the most popular destination in Europe. Sure, it's a beautiful city, but why not send them to Paris or London or something? So I'm curious:

What if all the trip prizes in season 27 are where the race will actually visit in Season 28?  ??? Wouldn't that be a cool way for production to casually hint at the locations for next season! If so, season 28 would be visiting Morocco, Cambodia, and Bratislava, which most speculation on this thread has been discussing visits to...  :cheer:

Very interesting observation right there. I was actually surprised as well that the prize is Slovakia for Leg 5. I'm guessing Slovakia will be visited soon. TAR has been visiting new countries since Season 25. We've had Malta in 25, Monaco in 26 and Zimbabwe in 27.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2015, 02:32:31 AM »
I doubt that they'll return to Morocco since they just had 2 full AMAZING legs back in 25. But a return trip to Cambodia and Slovakia as new country is <33.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2015, 02:36:40 AM »

I hope so but I said the same with S26 where we would of had Seoul, South Korea | Prague, Czech Republic | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico | Cape Town, South Africa | Queenstown, Nee Zealand | Goa, India

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2015, 04:23:48 AM »

I hope so but I said the same with S26 where we would of had Seoul, South Korea | Prague, Czech Republic | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico | Cape Town, South Africa | Queenstown, Nee Zealand | Goa, India

S24 (All-Stars 2) had a trip prize to Budapest, Hungary and Berlin, Germany, too.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2015, 05:24:12 AM »
Yeah, the Slovakia prize got me thinking about when TAR would visit it too.  Beautiful place of course, but the prize Phil described was actually kinda boring.  So it was a surprise prize location.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2015, 08:32:32 AM »
When Slovakia was mentioned, I was thinking: It was never ever been visited by TAR yet. ??? Could it visit it soon? :grins:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2015, 08:04:19 PM »
Prizes are donated by Sponsors. Not chosen by production.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2015, 10:35:23 PM »
Oh! :ascared Then hopefully it gives production a good idea to have Slovakia visited soon. :grins:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2015, 03:52:53 AM »
The trip to Slovakia prize got me thinking alike as well, but that's what I almost instantly thought of. ^

Speaking of S28, I would like them to AGAIN visit countries who've had few visits. Just look at Europe! :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2015, 05:31:00 AM »
The trip to Slovakia prize got me thinking alike as well, but that's what I almost instantly thought of. ^

Speaking of S28, I would like them to AGAIN visit countries who've had few visits. Just look at Europe! :lol:

Agree to that, but I'd add, 'Look at Africa too.' :grins:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2015, 06:54:18 AM »
So, it's fun to speculate the upcoming route, and last season I correctly speculate three countries but it is more due to coincidence.

So, my speculation route is
1. Oceania. I have a strong feeling we'll start the first leg here. I speculate another Australia visit. It's been nine seasons since it is visited, and it's summer by the time they start filming, making it a perfect country. New Zealand and other Pacific countries can be visited too though, but Oceania should be visited since the last time we see it is in season 22.

2. Asia. Indonesia and South Korea are the ones to come in mind. When they shove us with three consecutive Indonesia combo, we all complained, but it suddenly goes quiet for five seasons, so could it be the time now? We haven't seen the infamous Lombok leg in American screen, and we know TAR USA sometimes recycles tasks from another version so it could be a possibility. Or they can use my Medan leg from TAR DC :lol: South Korea will host a Winter Olympics soon, so it's a perfect time to visit before everything goes hectic. I can't think of another country.

3. Africa. We're lucky to get Africa for three consecutive seasons, but I don't want to test our luck by speculating it will be visited again. So, I guess no Africa this time, but they can surprise us. Making leg in Africa is not that expensive I guess.

4. Europe. Every even seasons, we always get a German-speaking country, so which country this time. My guess will be Austria. The last time they visit it is four seasons ago. Sometimes they also revisit countries that have been visited only once, so let's add Belgium to the pool. Scandinavia in winter will be wonderful, and we haven't seen Scandinavia since TAR 23, so there's a big probability we will see it soon. Since they have agenda to visit a new country each season, I have strong feeling we'll see new European countries, like Luxembourg or Slovakia.

5. South America. After being used for two seasons, I think it's time for South America to rest.

TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2015, 08:01:28 AM »
I want so bad to see racer visit Indonesia again but now the circumstances is not possible to be visited since Indonesia has smoke fogging emergency especially in Riau, Sumatra (unfortunately Medan is impossible  :( ), and Borneo... And affect to some region in Malaysia and Singapore so kinda sad but it's for racer safety...

Btw, South Korea has a chance since no MERS reported recently so it's. Great route though

And Oceania... Lol never visited since 22 so yass..
what might have been

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2015, 09:35:45 AM »
I want so bad to see racer visit Indonesia again but now the circumstances is not possible to be visited since Indonesia has smoke fogging emergency especially in Riau, Sumatra (unfortunately Medan is impossible  :( ), and Borneo... And affect to some region in Malaysia and Singapore so kinda sad but it's for racer safety...

Btw, South Korea has a chance since no MERS reported recently so it's. Great route though

And Oceania... Lol never visited since 22 so yass..

The only thing is Mainland Southeast Asia is safe to visit. So we could opt a Cambodia visit for TAR28, especially in Phnom Penh and nearby rural towns.