Author Topic: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**  (Read 87276 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 10:39:56 AM »
Along with that, Vietnam is also likely for TAR28 as well and that country get a chance to visit Central Vietnam, hasn't visited since TAR3 and was done recently by international versions. I prefer South Korea and Vietnam are the two Asian countries to be visited.

We might see Vietnam again, but after what happened the last time, I think they're staying away for a while.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »
What happened last time ? ???

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »
The vietnam song  :trampb:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 01:26:19 PM »
Controversy over the use of the downed B-52 site.

Host Phil Keoghan apologized to veterans, especially those who served in Vietnam, for being "insensitive."

"Parts of last Sunday's episode, filmed in Vietnam, were insensitive to a group that is very important to us — our nation's veterans." he said. "We want to apologize to veterans — particularly those who served in Vietnam — as well as to their families and any viewers who were offended by the broadcast. All of us here have the most profound respect for the men and women who fight for our country."

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 08:22:30 PM »
I'd love Vietnam again so soon, but since this will likely be a westward route, it would be great to see Korea and maybe the Philippines in the early Legs. I believe both countries have always been visited at the end of eastward routes

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2015, 12:31:57 AM »
Any chance for maybe a leg in Laos? TARVN just visit it this year so it's really possible if they want to go. It'll be around December while filming so they don't have to worry about weather problem like in TAR19 (They have to scape Laos leg in 19 because of flood?) :P

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »
I think a double leg in Australia is almost guaranteed; it's time for a return to Oceania, and it happens to be the summer down south.

Africa is a tossup, not certain what countries are left to visit. One probable selection would be South Africa, though.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2015, 06:28:18 AM »
I think a double leg in Australia is almost guaranteed; it's time for a return to Oceania, and it happens to be the summer down south.

Speaking of a double leg in Australia, I think this is very likely, because every time they went to Australia, it's always 2 legs.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2015, 08:38:41 AM »

Africa is a tossup, not certain what countries are left to visit. One probable selection would be South Africa, though.

Good choice for Africa that South Africa is also more likely, and will give 2 legs, as previous seasons. Its also happening summer down there. Cape Town and Johannesburg were visited pre-All-Stars, those were in TAR2 and TAR7 and hasn't visited in post-All-Stars era.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:59:36 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 06:30:58 PM »
I think possible new countries could include Latvia, Cyprus, Slovenia, Slovakia, Luxembourg, or Qatar.
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Wadsy591

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 12:02:19 AM »
For TAR 28, I would say that possible countries would be:

Fiji
Australia
Laos
Bhutan
Okinawa, Japan
Montenegro
Slovenia
Slovakia
Belarus
Luxembourg
Belgium
Venezuela
Canada

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 09:03:42 AM »
Phil said that TAR 27 was a result of them listening to what the fans want. Hopefully TAR 28 will continue the trend. Visit undervisited countries and new ones as well.

Oceania: Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, French Polynesia
Asia: Maldives, Qatar, South Korea, Laos, Vietnam
Africa: Mauritius, South Africa
Europe: Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Finland, Slovenia
North America: Canada, Bahamas, Dominican Republic
South America: Bolivia, Uruguay
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:10:07 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 09:18:33 AM »
Out of the Scandinavian countries, for some reason Finland has never had a Pit Stop :(

TAR 10 did a couple of tasks in Helsinki and finished the leg in Ukraine.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2015, 09:21:40 AM »
Out of the Scandinavian countries, for some reason Finland has never had a Pit Stop :(

TAR 6 did a couple of tasks in Helsinki and left.

Finland was in TAR 10 and it did not visit TAR 6. As of which, daytime in Finland is shorter during the months of November-December (the usual Race filming dates) when the start of winter period and its very cold and freezing there.

Italy is one of the favored overused Race country and always a favorite Race destination. Some Italian cities never visited the Race: Assisi, Bari, Bologna, Genoa (Genova), Naples (Napoli), Padua (Padova), Pisa, Siena, Trieste, Udine and Verona.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:55:53 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2015, 09:25:19 AM »
I caught that before you finished posting :)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2015, 09:34:15 AM »
Just a small bitching here. I bet TAR28 might have another visit to Germanophone countries (Germany, Switzerland, Austria) very winter season since TAR14 which was overused.  :gaah:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2015, 10:19:37 AM »
Just a small bitching here. I bet TAR28 might have another visit to Germanophone countries (Germany, Switzerland, Austria) very winter season since TAR14 which was overused.  :gaah:

OMG, I just notice this pattern. This is SO gonna happened. But, well, Switzerland in TAR18 and Germany in TAR22 was kinda cool, I wouldn't mind if they're going to do something like that again. :lol: (Completely ignore the disastrous Switz leg in 24/22 AKA, 'Working as a hotel cleaner in one of the most beautiful city ever!' AND 'Let's just hopping on and off this train and somehow call it a task!')

I think Belgium/Czech Republic/Slovenia/Slovakia should replace this repeatedly pattern sometimes for Central Europe. With the pattern that they are gonna include 1 more new country every season since 25, I'd say that there's high chance for Slovenia and Slovakia visit for 28 and beyond.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2015, 10:30:11 AM »
Phil said that TAR 27 was a result of them listening to what the fans want. Hopefully TAR 28 will continue the trend. Visit undervisited countries and new ones as well.

Where did Phil say that? :didimiss:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2015, 10:36:06 AM »

Where did Phil say that? :didimiss:

Some article about the starting line. He said "fans asked us to go back to our roots. And we we listened."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2015, 11:00:04 AM »
Phil said that TAR 27 was a result of them listening to what the fans want. Hopefully TAR 28 will continue the trend.

I wouldn't count on it....    :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »
Stop thinking outside of the box, hunk about realistic countries TAR may actually go. Like, the most exciting country we may get is Aus or Indo/Cambodia/Vietnam, the Europe destinations are gonna be the same old (Germany/Switzerland/UK possibly/Spain/Scandinavia), Africa has a slight possibility (especially due to recent trends they may want to put more Africa in)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2015, 05:25:37 PM »
I wanted to talk with Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri, executive
producers of "The Amazing Race," about the future of the show and found them
easily. When I told them fans had been concerned that CBS had lost faith in the
show, they said that wasn't their impression at all. And in more good news, they
said they had just met with the network and were casting another season to
follow the one airing in the fall. 

From the CBS TCA Party! Thanks Gail!

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/gail-pennington/tca-chatting-with-colbert-corden-and-more-at-cbs-party/article_b15cee47-e4df-5a19-9fdb-45248206070d.html

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2015, 10:46:05 PM »
I wanted to talk with Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri, executive
producers of "The Amazing Race," about the future of the show and found them
easily. When I told them fans had been concerned that CBS had lost faith in the
show, they said that wasn't their impression at all. And in more good news, they
said they had just met with the network and were casting another season to
follow the one airing in the fall. 

From the CBS TCA Party! Thanks Gail!

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/gail-pennington/tca-chatting-with-colbert-corden-and-more-at-cbs-party/article_b15cee47-e4df-5a19-9fdb-45248206070d.html

Amen to that! She's been in TAR's corner from the beginning, btw.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2015, 05:01:11 PM »
Marketing three weeks in advance before the premiere do help shows get further attention. Appealing action shots and engaging previews helped Scorpion and it continues to do so for long-running Big Brother too. Why not try it out for TAR? Season 17 neared and reached 12 million viewers partly because of Claire's watermelon smash video.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2015, 04:56:13 AM »
Marketing three weeks in advance before the premiere do help shows get further attention. Appealing action shots and engaging previews helped Scorpion and it continues to do so for long-running Big Brother too. Why not try it out for TAR? Season 17 neared and reached 12 million viewers partly because of Claire's watermelon smash video.
Yeah, TAR needs to make sure to have some kind of viral social media-ready task for the TAR28 premiere.  Something interesting and funny that they can use to help promote the premiere, especially with a possible Super Bowl (or Super Bowl pre-game/post-game) commercial spot.  They'll need something that pops out instantly in a 15 or 30 second commercial. 

(Maybe something with teams rolling around in a mud pit with pigs?  :yess:) haha