Author Topic: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**  (Read 87644 times)

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Re: TAR 28 Pre-Race Discussion **Spoilers**
« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2015, 07:43:55 AM »
I miss when we are all searching on interent or the airports for the contestants... xD

Some people hate this theme season, but I prefer it rather than the Blind Dates. Well, my first pick would have been normal people like the first seasons, but it's not that bad. I mean, for me they are all "normal" people, because I don't know any of them. Just Zach and his magic vines.

And they are some nice teams. We have a father/daughter, mother/daughter and mother/son team. wow!

It's obvious that they are making this to rise the audience. I hope it works, because some people is saying: "Where's the normal people? I'll skip this season!". Just remember TAR26. It was the same and it was a really nice season at the end. And if we all skip the season, maybe there won't be TAR29. So let's give it a chance! :P I'm so excited to see this season! <3

For me it's nice. But I really hope TAR29 will be all normal teams. No themes, just classic TAR.
And please, make a good route! Bring back Oceania and go to new countries or countries that have been a while since they were visited.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:48:24 AM by Hysha »
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Re: Re: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2015, 07:49:22 AM »
LA again? What a surprise. :/
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Don Task

« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »
This week WRP Group was granted a film permit for ********* International Airport. Website says it's provided for The Best Roadtrip Ever TV Show, but that could be just a throw off.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:03:47 PM by Don Task »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #278 on: November 12, 2015, 11:31:20 AM »
That film permit could be for a connection, that's been done in the past, or for the new series WRP is doing for those 18 - 25 that is very TAR-like.
Is there a date for filming mentioned?

Don Task, the link isn't working.
-- theschnauzers

Don Task

« Reply #279 on: November 12, 2015, 11:46:49 AM »
Sorry, now its ok. Film permit was issued last week, AFAIK the new WRP show has not even been casted at the moment.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #280 on: November 12, 2015, 12:06:16 PM »
Possible First Destination: South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Australia, England

I hope they visit South Korea (Leg 1, or 2). Last time they went was Season 17. Probably time to go back to Seoul.  :hoot:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »
Could the race start be earlier Sunday, with the live broadcast after they've reached the first destination?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2015, 01:17:43 PM »
Could "checkpoint" mean the first Pit Stop or the first clue? *shrugs*

IMO, no.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:44:05 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #283 on: November 12, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »
I think the social media idea is cool, let's see how these social media stand up to the race.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #284 on: November 12, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »
LOL. thanks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2015, 01:42:40 PM »
To be clear: The time is Sunday the 15th at 730 PM PT and 1030PM EST
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2015, 05:16:03 PM »
:groan: This is a not a wishlist thread, please use the one provided thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2015, 03:56:45 AM »
This will be quite interesting when it concerns to sightings, even more than the reality stars we had in past seasons and actually follow their shows (Didn't know about Brenchel until they were on TAR), some of these Social Media stars, actually have some established fandom internationally, even if they might be younger.

With the live-stream of the starting line, I do wonder if they might introduce other "social media " elements throughout the other 20-ish days that take to shoot the season.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2015, 04:03:07 AM »
I think we will be getting more selfies ala TAR26... but obviously as previews to the coming leg to avoid spoilers lol.

I think the rest would be Phil posting pictures of the destinations and then making the racers' social media accounts retweet it for publicity? I think that's more likely, I don't really see them giving teams access to the web....

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2015, 04:03:42 AM »

IMO, no.

No to what? :X

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2015, 07:12:33 AM »
Since as was mentioned above, some of the racers this season have an international fan base, I wonder if any of them will have their fans recognize them as they are racing. Or if any of the fan bases will be organized enough to keep track of where they are going. That brings in the "let me give you a ride", "borrow my phone and look the address up" and "You need money? Here's what you need." situations. It could be like Rob and Amber when they were fresh off of Survivor in TAR 7 and TAR All Stars.

TAR China had some rabid fan bases following some of the stars in their recent season. I don't know if it went beyond just tracking and photographing them, but they were all over Twitter back then. I still see some of their pictures being retweeted now.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2015, 07:15:55 AM »

IMO, no.

No to what? :X

Probably she means no, it won't be either one.

I still think it's likely that they will stream the start of the race and the press release that says checkpoint is probably not worded correctly.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2015, 09:54:41 AM »
What if they're calling that way at Phil's stand up in some point of the leg?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2015, 10:09:37 AM »
Perhaps Phil is going to wear a GoPro and we're going to get a Phil-eye view :lol:

Don Task

« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2015, 10:14:11 AM »
I think this is gonna be stream from the starting line.

Otherwise it does not make sense, since:
1.) Filming the very first leg takes 12 to 15 hours, all flights included. That would be boring to stream online.
2.) Streaming Roadblocks and Detours... why to stream the leg from the middle? And why to give away that much?
3.) IMHO it makes sense if Phil starts streaming like 30 mins before the start and stops after the start/at the airport.

PS: It would be shocking and highly original if the starting line will be at LAX. Starting line task: Find your first destination and your first flight based on mileage and flight time provided! You can ask your fans for the help. Warning! There only X flight tickets for the first flight.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:21:37 AM by Don Task »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2015, 12:12:39 PM »
PS: It would be shocking and highly original if the starting line will be at LAX. Starting line task: Find your first destination and your first flight based on mileage and flight time provided! You can ask your fans for the help. Warning! There only X flight tickets for the first flight.
OMG this idea is glam, but as with all great ideas we propose over here, it won't happen. :lol:

I also think it is most logical for them to stream the starting line. It wouldn't be the first time a CBS press release was worded in an interesting way.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2015, 01:07:18 PM »
I love your idea Don, I can just see the TAR security faces  now! :funny:

Start Line is NOT at LAX, that much for sure.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »
Keoghan told Mashable that the social media stars will make the show "even more entertaining."

"We live in such an exciting time. Technology is evolving so quickly, sometimes it feels like we're actually living in the future," Keoghan said in an email statement. "The way we source our news, entertainment, interests … and the personalities we meet online, just would not have been possible a few years ago. We've decided to give a group of the world's biggest social media stars a chance to share the world with audiences like never before."

http://mashable.com/2015/11/11/the-amazing-race-youtube-vine-instagram-stars/#MoFhvYhqcgq1

RFF's Golden Rule:

Online RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2015, 03:47:18 PM »
Not a fan of gimmick seasons, but a handful of them seem like regular people who just document their lives on video. I haven't heard of any of the racers until now so I'll give it a benefit of a doubt. At the foundation, it looks more watchable than the blind date season. I just hope it's not going to be like watching 11 teams of Joey & Meghan's trying hard to bring out their personality.

We're definitely getting more hashtags... )-**

Regarding the starting point, with the info provided already, I think teams may be beginning the race on the airport runway of LAX, with a starting line task + immediate foot race to the ticket counters (TAR first).
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2015, 06:17:58 PM »
Could today's horrible attacks change possible Europe plans for this season?