Author Topic: TARCanada 3 - Episode 3 LIVE SHOW Discussion July 22nd!  (Read 10057 times)

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TARCanada 3 - Episode 3 LIVE SHOW Discussion July 22nd!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 08:11:03 AM »
Gino & Jesse currently in last. Their taxi driver doesn't know where Plaza Canada is. Simi & Ope just in front of Gino & Jesse.
Were these the 2 teams that ended up at the Canadian Embassy?   :funny:

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 08:13:38 AM »
They find the totem pole which is close by.
Did anyone else think that totem pole looked, um, excited?

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 08:30:23 AM »
Gino & Jesse currently in last. Their taxi driver doesn't know where Plaza Canada is. Simi & Ope just in front of Gino & Jesse.

That was akw

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 10:21:20 AM »
Team Averages as of Leg 3:

Hamilton & Michaelia - 4
Nick & Matt - 4
Gino & Jesse - 4.3
Nic & Sabrina - 4.7
Neil & Kristin - 5.7
Dujean & Leilani - 5.7
Brent & Sean - 5.7
Simi & Ope - 6.3
Brian & Cynthia - 6.7
Dana & Amanda - 8
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 01:37:19 PM »

That was akw
Missed that.  Sorry.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »
Great episode
This shames the US version :funny:

Also this show makes professional athletes unprofessional athletes :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »
Did anyone notice that the Detours in Chile & Argentina were very similar in basic design?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 08:19:33 PM »
Anybody really unimpressed with the requirement of TARCAN to "have a canadian representative place in a foreign land"? :res:

Like, I get it, since this is TAR Canada, but still, we already have like 99999999 legs to see Canada's beauty, let the rare foreign legs shine on their own!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 08:35:16 PM »
Anybody really unimpressed with the requirement of TARCAN to "have a canadian representative place in a foreign land"? :res:

Like, I get it, since this is TAR Canada, but still, we already have like 99999999 legs to see Canada's beauty, let the rare foreign legs shine on their own!

Production has said that's the idea. For every international leg they'd find some connection.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 08:37:30 PM »

Production has said that's the idea. For every international leg they'd find some connection.
tbh "oh there's a place here with the name 'Canada', let's use it" is a weak connection.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 09:01:48 PM »
Glam leg, don't care about the nit-picking bits that are just filler. They are cute and I enjoy the connection.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2015, 12:32:47 AM »
Wasn't a big fan of this leg design-wise, but the teams definitely elevated it. Almost every team left is nice and/or stands out! <3

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2015, 02:04:28 AM »
Actually, the connection is the thing that make FB fans stopping to complain about the race going abroad. Many of them only want the race being around Canada only.
And I actually find it very interesting. I feel like TARCAN putting the connection and also the sponser placement very effective.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2015, 11:05:25 AM »

That's from the very first clue directing them to Buenos Aires. I think that at the top of the clue is probably the shape of Argentina (Alen can you verify it?).
If so we might have a hint for a final memory task.
I think that we had the same clues in TAR US but I can't remember the season (maybe 22?)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2015, 11:39:55 AM »

That's from the very first clue directing them to Buenos Aires. I think that at the top of the clue is probably the shape of Argentina (Alen can you verify it?).
If so we might have a hint for a final memory task.
I think that we had the same clues in TAR US but I can't remember the season (maybe 22?)

I just checked Ep 1...Max is holding a clue directing to Toronto with the outline of Ontario. I have screencap & will do episode 2! Perhaps a new thread for Final Memory Speculation???

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2015, 11:58:23 AM »
^^ They did the same thing in TAR19

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 12:20:52 PM »

I just checked Ep 1...Max is holding a clue directing to Toronto with the outline of Ontario. I have screencap & will do episode 2! Perhaps a new thread for Final Memory Speculation???

Great! and looking again at the Buenos Aires clue I think that's the shape of the greater metropolitan area of Buenos Aires, not the whole country.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2015, 06:47:29 PM »
Those last few minutes were a great watch. I was rooting so hard for Dana&Amanda after Leg 2.

I actually enjoy the little connections here and there about how Canada is represented around the globe. It worked great in past seasons so I don't see the problem with it. The totem one was kinda week and could've taken less air time but we saw the teams reading the thing once and that was it.

I'm getting a bit tired of the dancing tasks in multiple legs per season but it was funny the reactions of the M/M teams to the idea of dancing together.

Neil&Kristin using clock directions and Nick&Matt hoping with the ball was genius, so simple but such an effective way to finish a difficult task. Can't believe Nic&Sabrina quit. I have a love/hate reaction to them, love them for speaking multiple languages but hate Sabrina's constant complain about her lack of fitness.

I gotta say the Obelisco tricked me, I thought the teams were running to see Jon at the pitstop and then boom we are just going to the detour... what? how is this leg not over? is already dark outside. I think regular TAR has spoiled TAR for me but that is a conversation for another topic.