Author Topic: TAR Canada 3 - Ep 3 "I Said Straight, You Gorilla!"  (Read 11863 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Canada 3 - Ep 3 "I Said Straight, You Gorilla!"
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 03:01:48 PM »
Isn't it lovely having ALEN know ALL the locations?? :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 05:52:56 AM »
Excited for next week. I'm in love with Argentine Tango <3

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 09:08:17 AM »
Anyone else notice another editing mistake this episode? After Nic and Sabrina completed the detour and got their clue as they were reading it it said "Nick and Matt Currently in 1st place" beneath them!! Wrong team!!! Sorry I can't get a screen cap but hopefully someone else can!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 09:52:50 AM »

TARCAN's editing errors <3 <3 <3

Never change, Canada :lol:

Offline toronto14

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 10:26:43 AM »
Thanks for finding and posting!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 06:46:57 PM »
About the Plaza Canada:

The totem featured in the episode is not the original one who was placed there in March 1964. This is a second one who was brought from Vancouver in 2012, after the first suffered deterioration due to the climatic conditions and the lack of a proper maintenance from several governments of the city of Buenos Aires. Both were made by members of the Kwakiutl tribe.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 07:06:17 PM »
The clue box with the Roadblock was located in the area of the neighborhood of La Boca called "Vuelta de Rocha".

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »
According to a bonus scene, we actually have an Aboriginal in the race, Michaelia. But her reactions to the totem pole didn't make it to air.

Seems like a big detail to leave out, especially given this connection and that there's been no Aboriginal racer :(
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:36:08 PM by Maanca »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 07:15:33 PM »
The Roadblock task was placed in this playground located in the corner of Gregorio A. de Lamadrid St. and Dr. del Valle Iberlucea St..

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 07:55:58 PM »
Here's a map of the different locations:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 10:53:54 PM »
While presenting the Detour, Jon is in this place:

The corner of Viamonte St and Suipacha St, in front of the Plaza Suipacha and the building of the Dirección General de Rentas, the city's tax office.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2015, 09:07:56 AM »
The song that is played during the Dance detour is "Por una cabeza", a tango from Carlos Gardel and Alfredo LePera.

Here's the full version in the voice of Carlos Gardel, from the movie "Tango Bar" of the year 1935:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8dStp5hq294" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8dStp5hq294</a>

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2015, 09:37:29 AM »

About the soccer task:

The Argentina's National Soccer Team of Blind People, populary known as "Los Murciélagos" ("The Bats"), is a three times World Champion - in fact is the current World Champion since 2015 -, several times America Champion y silver and bronze medalist in the Paralimpics Games of 2004 and 2008.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2015, 02:45:25 AM »
Love all the inside info! Thanks Alen!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 04:06:12 PM »
Last from this leg, the location of the Detour option "Dine", the La Estancia restaurant on Lavalle street, only one and a half block distance from the Obelisco:

(Been there today while working in downtown Bs. As.  :))

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »
Wonder where their sign went? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2015, 06:27:52 PM »
The front has been recently renovated, so when the show was there it wasn't done yet. This is how it looked in the past:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/guiaoleo/fotos/argentina/bsas/restos/photos/1/3/9/2/3/photo_3923_1.jpg

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2015, 10:09:15 PM »
I can't recall if you did try to stake out sightings there, Alen, but yeah, Plaza Canada was an obvious place for them to go since, the whole Canadian connection idea.