Author Topic: Prices: US vs CAN  (Read 2520 times)

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
Prices: US vs CAN
« on: July 14, 2015, 07:52:10 PM »
If you have won the race and get to choose, which prize will you take back home? Which one is actually worth more?  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Prices: US vs CAN
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 08:00:52 PM »
Gas for life would do me tbh.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 08:03:40 PM »
I would want to have free business class flights, free gas, and money. So even though the money prize is big in TAR US, but TAR Canada prize is better.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »
Gas for life would be great and very appreciated here in Brazil  :funny:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 08:13:41 PM »
A big difference in Canada that narrows the gap: Canada doesn't tax prizes.

Whereas in the US, Uncle Sam takes like 40% of it.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »
Then I definitely want the gas for life. I think they underestimate what you could spend on gas lol.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 09:58:55 PM »
Not me. Unlimited travel? Would quit the day job and spend a year traveling again. That alone would be worth way more than a million dollars.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 10:14:21 PM »
Free gas is one of the best prizes out there! I would pay for all of my, and my friends' and co-workers', fuel expenses if I won that. Even if I won a lottery jackpot let alone the $1 million for winning TAR, nothing would really change drastically. I would still feel the instinct to budget and save money.

The unlimited business class flights seals the deal though. I could trace an entire TAR season in style.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:17:37 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 10:40:42 PM »
I'll take free gas for life and free business flights (even for 1 year) over 1,000,000$ any day.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 10:42:12 PM »
Free business class I would be somewhere new every week! TARCAN WINS!

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 10:43:21 PM »
One would be crazy in my opinion to pick the million.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 02:36:18 PM »
Two things...

1: Jon said at the starting line of Season 3 that this year's prize totaled almost $1 million, unless I misheard him.
2: When the Bransen Family won "free gas for life" back in season 8, they revealed later that there were quite a few stipulations to this, and that "for life" was just an attractive little label that didn't really mean "forever, infinitely until you die".
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 04:38:35 PM »
That might mean that there was a set amount of gas, they had evaluated should be enough for your life. :lol:

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »
2: When the Bransen Family won "free gas for life" back in season 8, they revealed later that there were quite a few stipulations to this, and that "for life" was just an attractive little label that didn't really mean "forever, infinitely until you die".
This would be so that, for example, you don't buy gas for all your friends and co-workers.  :)

The website said it uses 50 years in order to evaluate the value of the gas for life prize.  Not sure whether that is a limit or simply an actuarial estimate for valuation purposes.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »
This would be so that, for example, you don't buy gas for all your friends and co-workers.  :)

The website said it uses 50 years in order to evaluate the value of the gas for life prize.  Not sure whether that is a limit or simply an actuarial estimate for valuation purposes.
I would still share the gas. :funny: 50 years.... that's still a lot in my perspective. I would be ecstatic if the estimate is even a year of free gas.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)