The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Under-rated Legs

(1/7) > >>

SamualDude:
So I was having a think to myself earlier and what are some of the more under-rated legs in Race history. They can be from any version and any season.

For me one of the more underrated legs was Season 7, Leg 3.

The spectacular drive through the Andes to open the leg, A cool physical detour and the mental challenge of the meat roadblock. I'm surprised this leg isn't talked about more!

gamerfan09:
TAR24 Leg 4 :lol:

Best ep of that crap TBH.

cbacbacba1:
TAR 18 Leg 5

Huge come-back of the goths, u-turn drama, language problem (China), Taxi drama, challenging roadblock

TAR 23 Leg 5

EP drama of ER doctors and Marie, Taxi drama, U-turn, Crazy run for 1st place

Keepcopz:
I don't think 18.05 is underrated. It's amazing leg with balance detour + W-Turn and good RB!

I think 15.11 is the one I think often got overlooked, it's best leg from that season IMO in term of task and leg design. Fun speedbum + Mental Challange RB + Strange but pretty cool ARI + Good physical Detour. And it's all happened at night in Prague! The only letdown that made this leg crap is that the obvious boot of FT & BE since they don't know how the permutation law work. :res: But all in all, it's still good leg and should get some credit.

RachelLeVega:
Leg 7 of TAR16 - Seychelles
I still remember the CBS promo for this Leg dubbing it as "Trouble In Paradise" and that made me want to watch earlier than Sunday. :grins: Initially thinking at that time the ad was another one of those hype stunts that would be underwhelming in the broadcast, I was highly impressed with the challenges and task drama in the episode. Luring a tortoise with a banana, the one missing coconuts/the fruit vendor taking one big glance at carts piled high with coconuts and then saying "It's not enough coconuts" with Brent flipping out and Caite tearing up :lol:, underwater bottle Roadblock, and Jet & Cord's backtrack. As for the sights, I would love to go on a helicopter ride from Victoria to La Digue.

Besides Leg 2, TAR16 is a generally underrated season as a whole. Bitter viewers of the Dan & Jordan-Carol & Brandy-Jet & Cord conflict tossed the entire excitement to the curb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version