Author Topic: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 115852 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2015, 03:32:03 AM »
Since they used the Netherlands to visit India in TAR 4, after India we will probably see either Thailand, Malaysia, New Zealand, or the Philippines. But they visited Malaysia in TAR24, Philippines in TAR25, Thailand in TAR26, maybe they'll visit New Zealand next. Or who knows maybe Thailand again for a consecutive season. Hoping for a Philippine leg! Jig or Pig US version needs to happen! :funny:

Sadly no any female that wear miniskirt like Sarah this season and no high heels. JAMES & SARAH <3
They need to find an American Sarah!  :hearts:

With the route so far, they might use Asia for the season's rural Leg(s).  Looks like Zambia and Zimbabwe are the "tropical" legs this season.

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2015, 04:04:02 AM »
I learned my lesson after having confused the correct location in Zimbabwe with anothe one in Botswana. During my doubts, I came across these videos which I found out to be very funny, perplexing and interesting, "enjoy", specially now that TAR has been spotted in The Netherlands, watch the part of the complicated Dutch-Belgian border:

The Most Complex International Borders in the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtLxZiiuaXs

The Most Complex International Borders in the World - Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZdkqqjosCM

I love Wonder Why

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2015, 04:49:16 AM »
Since they used the Netherlands to visit India in TAR 4, after India we will probably see either Thailand, Malaysia, New Zealand, or the Philippines. But they visited Malaysia in TAR24, Philippines in TAR25, Thailand in TAR26, maybe they'll visit New Zealand next. Or who knows maybe Thailand again for a consecutive season. Hoping for a Philippine leg! Jig or Pig US version needs to happen! :funny:

Sadly no any female that wear miniskirt like Sarah this season and no high heels. JAMES & SARAH <3
They need to find an American Sarah!  :hearts:

With the route so far, they might use Asia for the season's rural Leg(s).  Looks like Zambia and Zimbabwe are the "tropical" legs this season.

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Sarah and Hayden were notable for their cleavage. We need to find another!
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2015, 05:09:13 AM »
What's with this BS route on Wikipedia?  :funny:

Leg 2 (Brazil → Argentina)
Leg 3 (Argentina)
Leg 4 (Argentina → Zambia)
Leg 5 (Zambia → Zimbabwe)
Leg 6 (Zimbabwe → France)
Leg 7 (France → The Netherlands)
Leg 8 (The Netherlands → Ukraine)
Leg 9 (Ukraine → Kazakhstan)
Leg 10 (Kazakhstan → Vietnam)
Leg 11 (Vietnam)
Leg 12 (Vietnam → United States )

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2015, 05:19:47 AM »
Prob from the same BS person posting faux routes here. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2015, 06:56:13 AM »
Wow! The Netherlands for a sixth consecutive visit, really? Western Europe is always overused and have to wait for Eastern Europe.

This. Finland, Baltic states, Central Europe sans Germanophone countries, and Balkan peninsula was horribly ignored.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2015, 01:29:19 PM »
Just ban those fake spoiler posters, peach.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2015, 01:53:44 PM »
ngl the route is kiiiinda fierce?

Judging from the reactions the issue is the leg in the Netherlands and not Paris; the problem is we've hit like EVERY possible country well-connected by train in the past two years (Monaco and Germany last season, the UK, Italy Switzerland  and Spain in that one season, and Austria in 23). The only improvent that wouldn't just force teams back into Paris is Belgium and I think production wants to pretend TAR 19 doesn't exist lol.

But anyway even though there'sno new countries the places visited FEEL fresh, either because they're new cities or not visited in 10 years or what have you. The route as a whole feels...grander than recent routes (hopefully the tasks are on the same level as the past two seasons). I'm even excited at the probable China leg since they can't be worse legs than in 24 or 11 lol

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »
ngl the route is kiiiinda fierce?

Judging from the reactions the issue is the leg in the Netherlands and not Paris; the problem is we've hit like EVERY possible country well-connected by train in the past two years (Monaco and Germany last season, the UK, Italy Switzerland  and Spain in that one season, and Austria in 23). The only improvent that wouldn't just force teams back into Paris is Belgium and I think production wants to pretend TAR 19 doesn't exist lol.

But anyway even though there'sno new countries the places visited FEEL fresh, either because they're new cities or not visited in 10 years or what have you. The route as a whole feels...grander than recent routes (hopefully the tasks are on the same level as the past two seasons). I'm even excited at the probable China leg since they can't be worse legs than in 24 or 11 lol

Zimbabwe?

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2015, 02:07:54 AM »
So they are still in Europe? i thought they already left and arrived in Asia  :groan:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2015, 02:16:09 AM »
So they are still in Europe? i thought they already left and arrived in Asia  :groan:

This. The Poland leg was leg 8 tho. It was like TAR25 Leg 8 in Europe then a huge jump to Asia in Leg 9.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2015, 04:33:59 AM »

This. The Poland leg was leg 8 tho. It was like TAR25 Leg 8 in Europe then a huge jump to Asia in Leg 9.

and in the original Poland visit back in Season 11 was in Legs 7 and 8 with a huge jump to Asia in leg 9!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2015, 12:54:43 AM »
I don't want to bitch about the location, even though they're going to India again, but it's been 7 seasons so it's okay. Really love the route so far!!! :cheer:

What I want to bitch is about posts of fake sightings that suddenly appear out of nowhere and misled some of us, which I think never happened before on RFF in previous seasons (of if it had happened before, it's not as many as this season). :gaah:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2015, 12:58:24 AM »
I just wish we went somewhere different in India, say Himachal Pradesh. But given this is like a "return-to-the-classics" season we're probably going to see Agra again.

I think it's just one pretty determined troll setting up new accounts each time he/she's banned...

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2015, 01:18:23 AM »
What I want to bitch is about posts of fake sightings that suddenly appear out of nowhere and misled some of us, which I think never happened before on RFF in previous seasons (of if it had happened before, it's not as many as this season). :gaah:

What is the motive of that person? :ascared He (or she) is not even doing it on the wishlist thread.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2015, 01:29:16 AM »
So far so good, this season has really has ticked all the boxes on all its routes so far (Although, The Netherlands leg could have been a different underused European leg). Such a diverse route with different cultures. :cheer:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2015, 01:32:42 AM »
I'm so glad of the route spoiler this season! :conf: Not a single leg has been missed. :trampb:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2015, 01:32:54 AM »
Sorry guys. We only partially banned him the first time, in a misguided attempt to be nice. But he is gone for now..
And yes, we get a few every season, nothing new. Sometimes we zap them before they start.

But kudos to our great team for spotting him as FAKE right off!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2015, 03:57:29 AM »
What an amazing route!

1. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2, 18 - shades of Season 2 makes me very excited)
2. Buenos Aires, Argentina (5, 7 - first full leg in BA possible)
3. San Antonio de Areco, Argentina (new location, bringing back iconic switchback)
4. Victoria Falls, Zambia (1 - paying homage to the first season)
5. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe (new location, amazing tasks by the sounds)
6. Paris, France (1, 10 - can't wait to see a full leg here as was in Paris this time last year)
7. The Hague, The Netherlands (new location, excited to see a leg set here)
8. Krakow, Poland (11 - such a moving place, tasks at Schindler's Factory and possibly Auschwitz would be so powerful e.g. Season 11)
9. Agra, Utter Pradesh, India (1 - oddly enough I was discussing my hope this was the next leg(s) and a visit to the Taj Mahal would be amazing)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My hope for the last three legs is:
10. Jaipur or Udaipur, India (new locations or more homage possible)
11. Vientane, Laos (new country, making two for this season) or Beijing, China (Great Wall and even more homage?)
12. Seattle, Washington, United States (finale shades of early seasons e.g. Season 3)

This season makes me all kinds of excited! And the cast looks amazing. I can't wait for this one.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:17:23 AM by Kiwi Jay »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2015, 07:20:02 AM »
India?? Well okay then since we've missed  India since 20, hoping for another switchback like dancing bollywood or rice colour task (?)
what might have been

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2015, 07:23:43 AM »
Though I appreciate the attempt to 'return to the roots' and visit major landmarks, etc. and previously visited locales, I do hope we get a season in the not-too-distant-future with a lot of new places.  I mean, yes, Zimbabwe is a new country, but it's just right across the river from where they have already been, and San Antonio de Areco is just an hour or two outside of BsAs.  Consider this: TAR 6 visited four new countries that haven't been visited since (Ethiopia, Senegal, Iceland, Hungary), and TAR 10 went to *six* new countries we haven't seen again (Finland, Ukraine, Mauritius, Madagascar, Mongolia, Kuwait).  Having 27 seasons under our belt, I doubt we'd ever get a season visiting six new countries, but I would like to see other parts of the world.  That's the fun of TAR...getting to experience all places of the world!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:56:52 AM by clemsonbeav »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2015, 08:32:14 AM »
:yess: I had a sixth sense India is going to have a visit this season.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2015, 08:59:17 AM »
I'm not really complaining about this season's route, because it's pretty good imo (maybe an 8/10), but yeah, I agree with mostly everyone here - what we need is to see countries only visited once/twice in the old seasons of TAR!

To see any country that clemsonbeav mentioned would be amazing!

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2015, 10:06:53 PM »
So if Tanner/Josh are spotted in Poland (which they might not be :D) that means either Jazmine/Danielle or Joey/Kelsey are out in Leg 5. Whoever survives makes it top 7 and from there since France might KOR Leg that means either Cindy/Rick or Jazmine/Danielle,Joey/Kelsey are out in 7th place. Top 5 consists of Tiffany/Krista,Logan/Chris,Denise/James Earl,Justin/Diana and 5 Tanner/Josh or Cindy/Rick/Joey/Kelsey/Jasmine/Danielle :D I guess this is it :D My guess

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2015, 11:02:03 PM »
My opinion right now, knowing what we know, is they are delivering on going back to their roots and delivering what makes The Amazing Race, well, amazing. There will always be things we don't like about it (lack of new countries, repeat visits to old ones). After last season that appeared to be a step back, I'm glad to see it continuing off what worked for TAR 25.