Author Topic: TAR CANADA 3 Contestants - Simi Fagbongbe and Ope Fagbongbe (Father/Daughter)  (Read 3856 times)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Simi Fagbongbe and Ope Fagbongbe
Father & Daughter

Simi Fagbongbe

Current City: Burnaby, BC
Hometown: Lagos, Nigeria
Strengths: Determination, quick thinking, and willingness to try new things.
Fears/ Phobias: Snakes
Favourite Travel Destination: Berlin
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “My dad’s a total chatterbox!”

Ope Fagbongbe

Current City: Burnaby, BC
Hometown: Lagos, Nigeria
Strengths: Memory, grit, and humour .
Fears/ Phobias: Snakes
Favourite Travel Destination: Home
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “She’s stubborn.”
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:50:01 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
About Simi and Ope

Simi and Ope are a loving father/daughter team that immigrated to Canada from Nigeria in 2006. Having made many sacrifices as a family to start a new life filled with opportunity, Simi and Ope share a relatable story for many Canadians. Simi sees her father as her hero, her biggest supporter, and her rock. Ope works hard so his family can have every opportunity available to them.

This strong willed, determined team will take the race by storm with their quick thinking and motivation to get any task done as fast as possible. Simi took theatre in school after moving to Canada to help overcome her shyness. She intends to follow in her mother’s footsteps – her mom is a lawyer and has a PhD in law. Ope is a friendly and social guy who loves to share stories. “He’s so corny!” Simi says about her father’s metaphor-filled tales.

Simi wants to give most of her winnings to her parents if they win 'The Amazing Race Canada', while Ope would buy a property for his son and take a cruise with his lovely wife.

FUN FACTS
Motto: “You gotta risk it to get the biscuit!”
Team they most associate with from Season 1 or 2: The Tim’s 
What would your team walk-on song be? “Who let the dogs out?”
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? Cool Chick & Old Fart
Major Roadblock as a team: “Keeping our cool and compromising – we both like things to be done in a particular way.”
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
More team questions from their profile...

What’s your must-have beauty/grooming item? - Simi
Eyebrow shaping pencil! I feel so fancy when my eyebrows are on point.

How did you train for the race? - Simi
I did a lot of running, weight training, meditation, brain games and of course standard transmission lessons. It is literally impossible to prepare for the unknown.

How did you choose your team colour? - Simi
Not only is red quintessentially Canadian, I think it looks great

What’s one thing you wish you could bring on the race? - Ope
Music.

How did you train for the race? - Ope
Gym workout routines for the physical. Extreme Sudoku puzzles for the mental.

What’s in your backpack? - Ope
3 short sleeve tops, 1 long sleeve top, 2 pants (1 sport, the other waterproof), 1 PJs, thermal socks/regular socks, hoodie, soft shell jacket and waterproof jacket, hiking shoes, flip-flops, toiletries.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:45:06 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Right, I think I can safely say that I haven't wanted a Team to win as badly as these two in ANY Season of TAR up to current date.  (Maybe Mike & Rochelle, but that's only at a push.)   :luvya:
.... The World is Waiting! ....