Author Topic: Survivor Legends Season vs. All-Winners Season  (Read 10638 times)

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
Survivor Legends Season vs. All-Winners Season
« on: May 25, 2015, 09:47:12 AM »
Hey guys, so I thought this topic would be fun to speculate around. I was thinking last week about how Danni kept saying she'd only return in an All-Winners season, but often people whisper about a "Legends" concept.

What do you think about these two parallel season concepts? Does Legends = All Winners? Separate seasons? What defines a legend? How is someone a legend in Survivor if they've never won the game, e.g. is it just determined by screen time, charm, intense gameplay, but people who have fallen short 2-3 times?

Certainly I believe Legends has to include some if not mostly a cast of winners, but I do think there are some exceptions (Cirie stands out in my mind as one of the early tricky ladies of the game.) And in an All-Winners season, I think it's obvious to us viewers that they all get paid in some form just for showing up, but perhaps their "placement winnings" could each go straight to a charity they care about.

I'd also love to see, if either cast was 20 people, who you'd all select!
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Survivor Legends Season vs. All-Winners Season
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:34:50 AM »
As much as everyone hates him Russell Hantz is a legend. Would he play again?

Cirie IMO is the best player never to win the game. She was robbed in EI but especially in Micronesia.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:13:32 PM »
Agreed, I think she and Russell both (and no doubt Russ would play again, maybe with a better social game) qualify as legends.

In an all-winners, I'd really like to see Danni, Kim S, Tony, Natalie A, and Chris D play again and see how they do with champs around them.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:10:37 PM »
I just love Parvati's moves over and over again. But really, is there not enough for watchers of these players? I mean, Parvati played Cook Islands. Great. Then she was invited back to Micronesia <333333 she then went again on HvV <3333333333333. Don't you think she has enough? This is just one of the cases I want to state: Parvati is a legend in Survivor, but isn't there a time where you want to stop watching the same people again and again?

If there is another season with Returnees, I would LOVE to see no castaways from same seasons, I mean, I would just like to see one player from twenty different seasons. Or maybe 10 pairs from 10 different seasons in a BvW way <3

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:17:51 AM »
Cirie Fields please! <3

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 01:36:07 AM »
I think a Legends season would be nice with two tribes - one of Winners and one of Non-Winners. The Winners would include 10 great Survivor winners of seasons past, while the Non-Winners would include your Ciries, Russells etc. - the greats who haven't won the game. It would make for an interesting battle.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 01:48:09 AM »
I think a Legends season would be nice with two tribes - one of Winners and one of Non-Winners. The Winners would include 10 great Survivor winners of seasons past, while the Non-Winners would include your Ciries, Russells etc. - the greats who haven't won the game. It would make for an interesting battle.

Thing is, most of these players have been in HvV, FvF or have been together in earlier seasons. I don't want to see Amanda play again if she does it with Cirie, James or Parvati. I don't know if the Legends thing would work because I cannot think of a great cast I like and haven't seen before tbh.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 02:22:18 AM »

Thing is, most of these players have been in HvV, FvF or have been together in earlier seasons. I don't want to see Amanda play again if she does it with Cirie, James or Parvati. I don't know if the Legends thing would work because I cannot think of a great cast I like and haven't seen before tbh.

Very true - they'd probably end up with a few people on the season that aren't really legends at all.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 12:05:28 PM »
Parvati- no contest
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 12:54:12 PM »
Eww Amanda.. she may be a legend on a list of FLOPS

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 10:36:04 PM »
Amanda needs JURY 101 skills in order to win. How can anyone make the Final 3 twice with a perfect game not backstabbing anyone and not win?

Cirie said it right in HvV... She's a nice person but her brains.... urgh

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:44 PM »
Haha yeah, I wouldn't qualify Amanda as a legend..she didn't make many big moves she could call her own, but was simply crafty with alliances and had a decent physical game to support her.

I think many Winners of the game would be hard pressed to come back if it wasn't in an all-winners season. And if it is all-winners, they'd get paid for just showing up anyway, so I'd think they'd have to each play for a charity or something. Though it's well known winners like Fabio have blown through their winnings quickly (not that his modeling career hasn't given him tons to work with anyway...)

And I do agree with you, David, that after awhile I don't want to see some of the winners we've seen 2 times already come back (Parvati, JT, Sandra, Amber/Rob...) but to label something as "Legends Season" or "All-Winners" and not include some of them, we'd have outrage from the fan community on our hands, especially "casuals"  :funny:

I would prefer seeing folks like Mike, Tony, Kim S, Yul, Sophie, Chris D, Danni back to play with folks of "their calibre" and see how they stack up after these years have gone by.

Also, I realized that if an All-Winners Season occurred, not many ladies to choose from to make it a 20 person cast! A female has won the game only 13 times, and two of those times is Sandra, so only 12 women.

Example Winner Season Cast

Men: Brian, Yul, Todd, Tony, Mike, Chris, Rob, Richard, Ethan, Fabio
Women: Natalie W, Natalie A, Sophie, Kim, Vecepia, Danni, Denise, Parvati, Sandra, Amber

If Amber really won't do it again given her four small girls back at home, that leaves you with Tina Wesson or Jenna Morasca to fill that slot, and Tina is getting old, Jenna may decline. Probably looking at only a 16 person cast to do All-Winners, honestly (depending on who wins S31/32...two new female wins would be great!)

For the men, if Richard is too old/isn't permitted to leave the country still (lol), or if Todd isn't out of rehab, I'd sub in Earl/JT for the next slots. I'm not interested in seeing Aras/Tyson back again, but maaaybe Cochran to even out personalities in the cast (or to take Rob M's slot if he insists he's done with it.)
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 09:12:21 PM »
Yeah, I don't think that Todd would be able to play Survivor again, at least not in the near future... :(
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 09:35:01 PM »
I would like to see Eliza again :lol:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 10:21:50 PM »
Poor Todd..one of the biggest shames of semi-stardom, going down that path :( Wishing him a strong recovery. Addiction is not a joke!

As far as my picks with character legends (but non-winners):

Men: Rupert, Russell, Fairplay?, Malcolm, Rob C, Penner, Ozzy, Coach? (ugh), Erik R?, Ian R?

Women: Sue Hawk, Jerri, Cirie, Stephenie L, Eliza, Twila, Andrea, Corinne <3, Shambo?, Monica C?

Although Holly, Kathy could jump in for the ladies (though Kathy is now 60, Twila is only 52 today and Sue 53), and I hate to say it, but if your going off characters, Phillip could be a replacement for the men.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:37:59 PM by RyanBres24 »
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 11:48:33 PM »
As much as I love the idea of the Legends concept, I think the list you made Ryan shows how hard it would be to create a full cast that are truly worthy of being called 'Legends' of the game. Some of those are perfect choices but the idea of Erik Reichenbach as a legend is kinda hilarious, and as much as I love Andrea/Monica and a couple of the other women, it would be a little weird to see them on such a season :/

However, I think the list you made shows that there are more than enough legendary non-winners to form at least one tribe, so an idea of winners vs non-winners would be cool!

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 11:54:27 PM »
Agree, whole-heartedly! I think it's so tough to distinguish a "Legend" without them winning the game, and only so many people really fit that bill. While it would be a great test to see Winners vs. Non-Winners, I do think targeting much like in All-Stars would occur. But I guess we could also see a Russell move, taking winners deep because why would they give it to them again (that strategy potentially peters out when half the cast is Winners, though, haha.)

I guess my list more identifies big Fan Favs/characters for Survivor History, not necessarily legends in their own gameplay.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 10:16:36 AM »
I think the hardest thing about the idea of a "legend" is that all of the people who would fit the bill are either winners or have played more than once already. I think we'd end up with a lot of 3- or 4-peaters (maybe ever 5-peaters :x) if this were to happen :lol:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 03:49:10 PM »
Hopefully by say, season 35, we see some new faces fit that legend title!
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »
Hopefully by say, season 35, we see some new faces fit that legend title!

Hopefully - we should get at least one or two by the end of Second Chances! :hoot: :hoot:

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 10:47:11 PM »
Winners 

Kim (24)
Sandra (20)
Natalie (29)
Denise (25)
Sophie (23)
JT (18)
Mike (30)
Tony (28)
Bob (17)
Tyson (27)

Legends

Marisa (27)
Brenda (21,26)
Sierra (18)
Holly (21)
Taj (18)
Hayden (27)
Matt (22)
Steven (18)
Russell (19,20,22)
Tom (10,20)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 12:09:53 AM »
I love people like Marisa, Matt and Sierra a lot, just to mention a few, but to have them on a 'Legends' tribe would be a little bit ridiculous TBH, especially alongside the likes of Russell.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 03:10:57 AM »
Isn't Tom from 10 an winner, hence wouldn't he be on the winners team

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 06:37:23 AM »
I feel like Legends would have to apply to people who played the game quite well but didn't win due to being voted off or having someone better in the Final 3. Recent examples of Legends using this definition would be Spencer, Carolyn, Kass, etc.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax