Author Topic: TAR 27 MEDIA  (Read 42090 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 27 MEDIA
« on: May 21, 2015, 02:19:23 AM »
The place for any TAR 27 press and media mentions!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:10:02 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 27 MEDIA
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:05:37 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 02:16:49 PM »
Excerpt:

As for the upcoming season, he (Phil Keoghan) teases, "I would describe Season
27 as a real 'character' season, meaning the cast is really a little different
than anything we've ever had. We've got some great match-ups with people where I
think we're gonna see some fun banter between the teams. This could be an
interesting mix, I think."

http://www.goldderby.com/news/9514/phil-keoghan-the-amazing-race-season-26-cbs-reality-shows-tv-emmys-entertainment-13579086-story.html

Let's discuss this HERE please? http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,30916.0.html

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:42:34 PM by georgiapeach »
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 09:51:08 AM »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »
 :funny:  TMZ did a story about "Team TMZ" (Shevonne & Kelly) on tonight's show.  Talked about how Team Dwarfs beat them at the starting line sprint, and how Kelly is afraid of dwarfs.   :ascared

Big surprise was that they announced on-air that if Shevonne & Kelly were eliminated in the first leg...

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:32:00 AM by Boingo »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 10:28:54 PM »
We're talking about a team from the tabloids, Boingo. Did you really expect their co-workers to keep anything a secret?  :funny:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 12:23:53 AM »
And I wonder how TMZ knew that Team TMZ were eliminated first. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 01:00:44 AM »
Wait a second... would TMZ be breaking the non-disclosure agreement at this point? I mean they announced an elimination live on air... ???

I thought you weren't allowed to spoil eliminations or wins like that until the race aired on TV...

Or does this only apply to the racers themselves?
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 02:04:09 AM »
And I wonder how TMZ knew that Team TMZ were eliminated first. :)

They have caRFFully-selected "trusted sources". :stirtp:

We should start charging them!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:31:35 AM by Xarles »

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 02:09:35 AM »
I am thinking that TMZ intentionally sent them to the Race to spoil the results of the Race, I don't know. :lol:
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 07:26:20 AM »

:funny:  TMZ did a story about "Team TMZ" (Shevonne & Kelly) on tonight's show.  Talked about how Team Dwarfs beat them at the starting line sprint, and how Kelly is afraid of dwarfs.   :ascared

Big surprise was that they announced on-air that Shevonne & Kelly were eliminated in the first leg.

That is a surprise -- not so much that the pair were eliminated in the first leg, but that TMZ would actually announce it on-air!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 07:35:18 AM »

Big surprise was that they announced on-air that Shevonne & Kelly were eliminated in the first leg.

That is a surprise -- not so much that the pair were eliminated in the first leg, but that TMZ would actually announce it on-air!

TMZ were same as Logan & Chris, they were paparazzis.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 10:10:26 AM »

TMZ’ Duo to Compete on Next Season of ‘Amazing Race’  :grins:

"In its second season in the Friday night timeslot, the show is going back to its roots.
“Having gone so extreme last season (with “blind daters” instead of established relationships, fans) wanted us to get back to basics this season,” Keoghan teased for this season. “We listened to them. That’s what we’re doing.”"

Yay.  :)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »
Interesting coverage from a local affiliate: : "we'll be getting to South America, we'll be getting to Africa, we'll be getting to Europe, we'll be getting to Asia again." Bonus fun: listen for a couple of glaring errors.

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 01:22:49 PM »
Interesting coverage from a local affiliate: : "we'll be getting to South America, we'll be getting to Africa, we'll be getting to Europe, we'll be getting to Asia again." Bonus fun: listen for a couple of glaring errors.

No mention of Australia/NZ/Oceania...  (or Antarctica)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 02:03:29 PM »

Apparently that visited Rome before Rio Rome2Rio  :funny:

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 11:21:11 PM »
Local Reporters Join Reality Show

Two local KEYT reporters have joined the newest season of the hit CBS show, The Amazing Race.

http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?nid=154826

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 09:27:06 AM »
This was pretty much the only thread without a spoiler warning, and yet the results of the first leg are still here.  Can't there be a thread for just locations without results? I was really trying to avoid spoiling the outcome this season.  I know I probably should just avoid the whole board, but I love seeing the route.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 10:49:34 AM »
This was pretty much the only thread without a spoiler warning, and yet the results of the first leg are still here.  Can't there be a thread for just locations without results? I was really trying to avoid spoiling the outcome this season.  I know I probably should just avoid the whole board, but I love seeing the route.
Well, I feel you. I've had the same approach for several seasons - only trying to look for location spoilers, as that was the most interesting to me and didn't ruin the excitement of the show. But for TAR24 (since it had returnees omgggg, but, yeah, was very crappy) and this season (idk why tbh) I also don't care for other types of spoilers.

What I have learned, that this is a SPOILER board, and the threads are only arranged in a way to avoid cluster and help sort spoilers - that eases the work people do here.
If you are still very eager to know the locations in advance (like I was, hehe), I advise you to keep checking ONLY the timeline summary thread and scroll down pretty quickly to only notice the countries, without seeing "teams in danger" or "eliminated", which pretty much spoils the fun.

And also, seeing a spoiler in the media (i.e. this thread) is very unusual - at least I haven't seen a spoiler here for when a team was eliminated ever before. I still don't understand if TMZ weren't prohibited to do that....

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 12:04:31 AM »

Phil Takes over Big Brother 17 For The Week

Julie welcomes Phil to take over BB17 this week in a twist called BB Takeover.

The two remaining houseguest slots will be filled by Jeff & Jackie from TAR Season 26.

Much happiness follows.....

...part 1 of vidcaps

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 12:07:02 AM »

Phil Takes over Big Brother 17 For The Week

...part 2 of vidcaps

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 12:36:34 AM »

We can certainly TRY to have a Location thread again. What we found in previous seasons was that it was a duplication of other threads and no one could be sure compete info was in two places. But we will gladly reopen it and see how it goes.

As far as spoilers in this thread.... There should be no spoiler discussion here from other threads.

BUT... once something is in the MEDIA it is no longer considered a spoiler. So if TMZ reveals the results of the first elimination...then that is now public info.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 02:59:48 AM »
Is this video you were talking about? ??? I took it as the girls were last to leave the start...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DQAC0_woA8U" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DQAC0_woA8U</a>