Author Topic: Amazing Race 27 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 160735 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
I've waited forever to finally be able to post something of contribution, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but my dad told me today that they were filming for The Amazing Race out in Hampton Bays, NY. The teams were completing some sort helicopter challenge over the water.

Was he sure the helicopter was part of the challenge? It could have been just production getting some aerial shots. But you may have something there.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:43:41 PM by Maanca »

Offline bandsofblue

• RFF Not So Newbie
I've waited forever to finally be able to post something of contribution, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but my dad told me today that they were filming for The Amazing Race out in Hampton Bays, NY. The teams were completing some sort helicopter challenge over the water.

Was he sure the helicopter was part of the challenge? It could have been just production getting some aerial shots. But you may have something there.

No, he said the teams were there doing some sort of challenge that required them to catch or trap fish. I could have misunderstood what he said about the helicopter, but it was definitely the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Awesome, bandsofblue!! Thank you!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
I don't know whether this news is helpful or not

As I have spread the news in the Hong kong forum,one user says she is pretty sure the teams take cathay pacific back to USA.She saw the cathay pacific opens a line for the teams only

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Photos already upstream. :tup:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:01:59 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bandsofblue

• RFF Not So Newbie
As a huge Amazing Race fan, I'm happy to bring you news of a TAR 27 Finale task!

Teams arrived on the south fork of Long Island on 15th of July (SPEC: unknown how- I read teams took a helicopter from NYC. Approx a 2 hr drive from NYC otherwise) SPEC: There are a multitude of private airports nearby that the helicopter could have landed on, or the beach is always an option. Teams could also have jumped out of the helicopter. 

Task Location: http://tinyurl.com/tar27finaletask

FACT: Teams participated in a crab pot challenge. Had to use a crabbing cage and pull it out of the water. Not sure if they were actually fishing for crabs or the clue or something else. SPEC: Could be used as a memory task with teams pulling information from out of the water in cages.

Helicopters were flying overhead - unsure if they were filming or dropping off/picking up teams. After challenge was completed, teams were boated away (SPEC: to a nearby destination to continue racing as task took place on a dead end of a lengthy road - see map link above). All of these events occurred before 5pm.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:tu bandsofblue!!  Two locations now! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DARRIN13

• RFF Newbie
Re: Amazing Race 27 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #282 on: August 02, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
Ok so on july 14 around 6pm a freind and i went fishing at shinnecock east on long island as we were heading there we saw helicopters coming in wich is unusual to see that many coming and going we actually though some thing happen on the beach. Then we saw one of the house packed with cars and people which is also not normal since the rich folk dont have that much activity around that area. But as we entered the entrance to go to the inlet out of nowhere came a camera man and 2 people we almost hit them. We didnt think anything of it at first until we saw a buch of tents with crew and equipment so we asked around and found out wich no one would confirm or denie that it was filming of the tar27 . So we tried to head down the direction they headed but were not able to get down to them. So we went back to fishing we left around 930 -10pm as we were leaving we saw them loading big wooden  beach chairs into a box truck asked what they were for they said a french mayonaise commercial lol.. the chairs were diffent colors and had diffrent pics on them they also had a bunch of jet skis and a boat set up on the bay side of the beach also saw 4 wheelers.we didnt see any of the comps going on. Sry was not  able to get any pic since i did not have my phone on me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #283 on: August 02, 2015, 11:22:30 AM »
Thank you Darren!! And :bigwelcome to RFF!

Darren sent me a couple of location maps, I will try to share them here asap!!

Wonder if those chairs could have been a memory task? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Livewire

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #284 on: August 06, 2015, 12:14:33 PM »
First time joining the discussion, but I had to post this as this is the closest I've ever been to a "sighting" of the Amazing Race!!
My co-worker told me that TODAY (Aug 6th) TAR will be at Sugar Mountain, a candy store in Toronto (Yonge and Eglinton).  She knows somebody that works there and they will be giving out the clue.  She said it was a counting task.
The worker in the store is not a fan of the show and is kinda annoyed they are there, so I'm not expecting any tweets etc.  Oh well.
I'm guessing that TAR is near the end of the race and the final pitstop is somewhere near Toronto.  But what do I know? :)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2015, 12:44:16 PM »
First of all, Welcome to RFF, Livewire!

:welcome2: :bigwelcome :welcome2:

Thanks for sharing the information. However, I have to tell you that TAR 27 finished filming about 3 weeks ago and TAR Canada even longer ago than that. It's possible that some other international version is filming in Toronto, but I'm not aware of any filming right now except possibly TAR China. I suspect your friend is helping with a local version of the race in Toronto or perhaps a publicity event for TAR Canada which is currently airing.

Offline Livewire

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2015, 05:56:51 PM »
Yes, thank you.  I was a little confused about which TAR was filming.  I've been watching TAR Canada so I knew they had finished filming but thought it might TAR U.S.  Hopefully, I'll find out tomorrow which one it was because it really sounded like an actual task, not a publicity event.  So we'll see :)

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2015, 07:04:09 PM »
Facebook surfing  :spy: nothing earth shattering  :inocent:

all about Paris

Saw the Amazing Race being filmed at the Sacre Coeur today

some "staging"

underground tunnel one of the teams

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2015, 07:10:44 PM »
We know they got a clue at Peninsula Hotel so no just touch down.

Found a gentleman that saw, what I assume are Tiffany & Christa  ......?
July 13th
The Amazing Race is filming behind me... Pretty cool! At the Hong Kong Airport.
I didn't realize who they were until the filming was over. It was the current first place team sharing their thoughts. They are now on their way to an art gallery here in Hong Kong... Or they think that they out maneuvered the other teams. I did hear that this team is from Long Island City (Queens), NY. I did speak briefly with a camera man

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: September 20, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »
Next ......Jodhpur !!!!!!!!! 100% sure!
  :'(  I'm guessing no Jodhpur, can't show you all that story but production management was there on the 9th for some reason  :umn: sorry guys!!
Anyways I have some India gifts    :hearts:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: September 20, 2015, 09:13:29 PM »
  :spy: Raja ki Mandi, Agra, Uttar Pradesh,

the end
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:20:53 PM by Candi Lee »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: September 21, 2015, 01:13:02 AM »
Looks like the Pit Stop is at the Mehtab Bagh across the river from the Taj Mahal... TAR Norway had its Pit Stop there as well. "2709" means Agra is Leg 9 (as expected).

There's a long gap between arrival in Agra and Hong Kong, and I'm confident Leg 10 fits in there. I'm not sure where though?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #292 on: December 05, 2015, 03:56:19 PM »
Ok so on july 14 around 6pm a freind and i went fishing at shinnecock east on long island as we were heading there we saw helicopters coming in wich is unusual to see that many coming and going we actually though some thing happen on the beach. Then we saw one of the house packed with cars and people which is also not normal since the rich folk dont have that much activity around that area. But as we entered the entrance to go to the inlet out of nowhere came a camera man and 2 people we almost hit them. We didnt think anything of it at first until we saw a buch of tents with crew and equipment so we asked around and found out wich no one would confirm or denie that it was filming of the tar27 . So we tried to head down the direction they headed but were not able to get down to them. So we went back to fishing we left around 930 -10pm as we were leaving we saw them loading big wooden  beach chairs into a box truck asked what they were for they said a french mayonaise commercial lol.. the chairs were diffent colors and had diffrent pics on them they also had a bunch of jet skis and a boat set up on the bay side of the beach also saw 4 wheelers.we didnt see any of the comps going on. Sry was not  able to get any pic since i did not have my phone on me.

Somehow I can't find where/if  I posted these from Darren:

The last pic the red arrow shows "teams went thataway">>>>

So guess where they were going?

Thanks Darren you had it all along!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #293 on: December 05, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »

RUN!

MAT!

FINALE LOCATION!

RFF's Golden Rule: