Author Topic: Amazing Race 27 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 160467 times)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here is a pic of Rick & Cindy leaving Jo'burg, presumably heading to Paris.

Believe it or not this photo was taken in Johannesburg, South Africa this afternoon when our PL met an American TV crew that were filming a new show for CBS called "The Amazing Race"! Pretty Cool!
#SionnachOnTour #Johannesburg #SouthAfrica #5thCarlowTownScouts #CBS #TheAmazingRace

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Is that somewhere in the airport? ???

Gotta love the "new show" bit!!  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
PAY ATTENTION to the clue in Phil's back pants pocket...KOR?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
And...if it WAS a KOR we should have more sightings... (?) weird.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
Not yet fully confirmed and details and pictures kept as per forum rules...

June 30th from (an ocasional tourist)  at Victoria Falls:

A clue was opened... teams got onto rafts... went across the Zambezi River... to an orange flag on the other side... teams ran back after task was completed... (whatever the task was)...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:34:15 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
Edited due to wrong click quoting previous post, sorry
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:16:28 AM by Xarles »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 David Wise ‏@David_P_Wise 5h5 hours ago
Um... I might have just been on the amazing race.. talked to a team, then saw the camera crew with them

From his prior tweets, he's in The Hague, the Netherlands

Offline UGn24

• RFF Newbie
Sarah Hans ‏@SarahHans1  6m6 minutes ago
When Nancy just so happens to run by the show 'The Amazing Race' and get a selfie with the host #TheAmazingRace 😂

Still looks like netherlands, asked for more info.

Edit: just asked someone from the Hague region, this is the Vredespaleis. https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Peace+Palace/@52.0865911,4.2956021,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x47c5b0cb569ccd71:0x449438d6c1965856

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Sarah Hans ‏@SarahHans1  6m6 minutes ago
When Nancy just so happens to run by the show 'The Amazing Race' and get a selfie with the host #TheAmazingRace 😂

Still looks like netherlands, asked for more info.

Edit: just asked someone from the Hague region, this is the Vredespaleis. https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Peace+Palace/@52.0865911,4.2956021,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x47c5b0cb569ccd71:0x449438d6c1965856

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
This is definitely the peace palace nearby the Dutch Parliament house. I've been there before. :)

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
An Amazing run to the beach...on my way back was really the Amazing Race!!! Couldn't have planned this!! Happy 4th of July to all from the city of Peace and Justice...Den Hagg, Netherlands

photo by Nancy Hans

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:53:31 AM by Candi Lee »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ha!! That was a second home for 3 years!!^^

CONFIRMED: Thanks to Xarles!!

More info and pictures later today!

Leg 2 Zambia>>Botswana. Lions!! Crocodiles!! AMAZING fun!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
amazing race in Victoria falls

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Lots of info on Africa Leg 2 on the way!! ZIMBABWE!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Don't know if this is us, but I'll post it anyway.

Sydney Hug ‏@syddy_bugss  31m31 minutes ago
The amazing race is being filmed in Victoria Falls tomorrow! 😃😍

https://twitter.com/syddy_bugss/status/615474192360841216

I have contacted her that day. She said she is volunteering at a lion enclosure and said the race will film there the next day (June 30). She said that a lion task will be a roadblock and that teams were "in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe". Not sure how much of this is true but just wanted to post what she said.
More about the volunteer program: http://www.lionencounter.com/volunteer/lion-project

I am sure peach will have more information about all this.
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
https://twitter.com/markcsullivan1/status/617437199487905792

(Sorry I'm just able to post the link when using my cell phone)
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
https://twitter.com/markcsullivan1/status/617437199487905792

(Sorry I'm just able to post the link when using my cell phone)

Mark Sullivan @markcsullivan1

Our daughter with @PhilKeoghan host of @AmazingRace_CBS. He was very nice to the @PeopleToPeople team in The Hague

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
Botswana and Namibia have now been discarded. I didn't have the full information and I pin-pointed a starting point for crossing the Zambezi River much more further West than it actually was. It is now confirmed that the starting point was inside Zimbabwe.

Finally, here's the full Zimbabwe confirmation with much more to be added by our one and only Georgia Peach!!!

Amazing Race Vic Falls

"They opened a clue, jumped into rafts and started across the Zambezi. We could see an orange flag on the other side. Eventually they came running back through having completed that task (whatever it was)... ...So far two teams have come through."

http://www.intoafrica2015.com/?p=103

Really reality?

"Amazing Race contestants were doing a challenge involving diving with a crocodile... ...He said there were five teams that did that task out of a total of eight."

http://www.intoafrica2015.com/?p=108
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:03:54 PM by Xarles »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks Xarles for finding this!! Sorry for the delay everyone, but RFF does try to make every attempt to get permission to use blog info, as sometimes bloggers were writing only for family/friends.

Luckily the delightful bloggers here are huge TAR fans and were every bit as excited to see TAR in action as we were to read about it, and have generously shared all their info.

Despite being in transit home and fighting major jet lag, R spent a good bit of time answering questions for me this AM. Hope she will come comment and explain further!

From her today:

I'll try to fill you in. I know inquiring minds want to know.

We were at A' Zambezi River Lodge, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. All the events I know about were
in Zimbabwe.

The  river was the Zambezi River, and the other side is Zambia. It
appeared there was a flag across the river they had to reach (probably with the
next instructions), and the task was to go there and back.

We saw two teams--two men with orange bandanas, and a couple team. There had been people around the night before, but we didn't know what they were up to.

The next morning before we knew what was happening some elephants were brought on to the property. They weren't tame but did have handlers with them. I suppose that was to set the
scene.

When we got to town the first place we went we couldn't enter because they were filming the croc diving task there.

When we came back through the racers were gone but one of the production people was getting shots of the croc leaping out of the water.

Eventually ( ...we learned ) three things: five of the eight teams did this task, they were in taxis not driving themselves, and from there all the teams were going to The Lion Encounter, Vic Falls.

:tu "R"!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Adding one more thing:

Eight teams began.

But this leg WAS an Elimination leg.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
One more, one more thing: :funny:

This all ties in beautifully with Kacper's find re the Lion encounter.  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
How YOU can help TODAY:

Teams should be on the move again. Schiphol is less than 30 min from Den Haag. There are LONG lines and some passport control issues this AM, unusual for them.

Twitter and Instagram search amazing race plus Schiphol, Phil Keoghan, cameras, filming, backpacks and anything else that you can think of.

Hopefully we will spot them moving on!
RFF's Golden Rule:

MrDeerShank

How YOU can help TODAY:

Teams should be on the move again. Schiphol is less than 30 min from Den Haag. There are LONG lines and some passport control issues this AM, unusual for them.

Twitter and Instagram search amazing race plus Schiphol, Phil Keoghan, cameras, filming, backpacks and anything else that you can think of.

Hopefully we will spot them moving on!

Just take care if you're searching amazing race as the British GP is on today which is one of the biggest in the whole F1 calendar :tup:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
A lot of people flew to Holland to watch the start of the Tour de France yesterday....now today many are flying home.....that's the reason for the crowds at the airport, train stations, etc.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Posted July 4

The last thing that I wanted to share before I post part three of the blog was
to mention that on our way from the Arc de Triomphe to the Eiffel Tower we
spotted some racers from what I can only assume is an upcoming season of the
Amazing Race!

Paul and I were surprised at how non “race-like” it
was for the contestants because they just leisurely strolled in and were
standing at the spot directed by the lady in all black (in the second photo you
can see the man is reading the clue). We didn’t stay to watch what happened next
because we were just passing them but it was cool to see a team out in Paris!

https://kinnistons.files.wordpress.com/2015

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:52:34 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule: