Author Topic: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 327049 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #425 on: July 05, 2015, 09:36:15 AM »
Why would he? ???

He said in a video that the race would visit South America, Africa, Europe & Asia it was at Marina Del Ray I think

Not sure I would consider that a 100% guarantee, but thanks for the reminder.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: July 05, 2015, 01:35:25 PM »
Working backwards:
- we've hit LA, Vegas, and Alaska recently and it seems that Hawaii and San Francisco work better as winter finales for WRP (idgi either). Maybe Seattle to redo another classic leg?

- eastbound nonstops to Seattle include Tokyo (we've just been here), Seoul (MERS), Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Taipei, Vancouver (which can be configured into a Seattle leg), and Calgary (not eastbound but close enough). I vote Beijing to keep with the funhouse mirror version of classic legs this route has going for it

- I was going to say SE Asia but five seasons have hit every relevant country save Brunei lol. While I'd love a leg in Cambodia I think dodging MERS means skipping most of these countries so for convenience sake I'll say another leg in China, with a lesser emphasis on generic modern Chinese culture - Chengdu (pandas!), Urumqi (deserts!), Qingdao (dams!), one of several cities featured on China Rush, etc.

- you know what country is nice presently, especially since it isn't hampered by...anything? The Maldives. Slightly difficult to get into/out of but that lends itself to bunching which production loves. Bonus - more footage of people not knowing where they are <3

- Since the Maldives are kind of a bottleneck it doesn't really matter where leg 8 is. We've gotten most of Europe in the past four seasons, plundering the Mediterranean in the process (sorry Greece, former Yugoslavia). Finland ia EXPENSIVE, and I have a suspicion the Urals might be visited this winter. Oddly enough I'm with Peach and guessing Hungary since we need another driving-heavy leg and aside from leg 3 I don't think we're getting it anywhere else

Tl;dr

Leg 8 - The Hague, Netherlands to Lake Balaton, Hungary
Leg 9 - Hungary to somewhere in the Maldives
Leg 10 - Maldives to Chengdu, China
Leg 11 - China to Beijing, China
Leg 12 - China to Seattle, Washington

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #427 on: July 05, 2015, 01:53:32 PM »
Why would he? ???

He said in a video that the race would visit South America, Africa, Europe & Asia it was at Marina Del Ray I think

Not sure I would consider that a 100% guarantee, but thanks for the reminder.
He also said there would be new countries so maybe there's another new country  ???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #428 on: July 05, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »
Could I get a link to that, please?

I do remember reading/seeing Phil saying the continents, but I don't remember any mentions of new countries.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: July 05, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »
I mentioned it here. The exact quote was "...great places, new places..."

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #430 on: July 05, 2015, 03:43:02 PM »
Would be nice. We haven't have 2 new countries since...season 20? (Azerbaijan, Paraguay).

Offline TARFanMan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #431 on: July 05, 2015, 06:55:15 PM »
This leg 5 stuff really got me confused, but I just found out Leg 5 has a confirmed visit to Zimbabwe. Welcome to the TAR Countries Visited Club, Zimbabwe! :conf:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: July 06, 2015, 01:48:34 AM »
I mentioned it here. The exact quote was "...great places, new places..."

So the media thread confirms TMZ's elimination. :funny: Why didn't I ever check that thread before? :funny:

Meanwhile, I'm not against having more than 1 new country this season, but "new places" is vague in my opinion. It might just be a new city in an old country. :ascared

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #433 on: July 06, 2015, 03:32:07 AM »
Working backwards:
- we've hit LA, Vegas, and Alaska recently and it seems that Hawaii and San Francisco work better as winter finales for WRP (idgi either). Maybe Seattle to redo another classic leg?

- eastbound nonstops to Seattle include Tokyo (we've just been here), Seoul (MERS), Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Taipei, Vancouver (which can be configured into a Seattle leg), and Calgary (not eastbound but close enough). I vote Beijing to keep with the funhouse mirror version of classic legs this route has going for it

- I was going to say SE Asia but five seasons have hit every relevant country save Brunei lol. While I'd love a leg in Cambodia I think dodging MERS means skipping most of these countries so for convenience sake I'll say another leg in China, with a lesser emphasis on generic modern Chinese culture - Chengdu (pandas!), Urumqi (deserts!), Qingdao (dams!), one of several cities featured on China Rush, etc.

- you know what country is nice presently, especially since it isn't hampered by...anything? The Maldives. Slightly difficult to get into/out of but that lends itself to bunching which production loves. Bonus - more footage of people not knowing where they are <3

- Since the Maldives are kind of a bottleneck it doesn't really matter where leg 8 is. We've gotten most of Europe in the past four seasons, plundering the Mediterranean in the process (sorry Greece, former Yugoslavia). Finland ia EXPENSIVE, and I have a suspicion the Urals might be visited this winter. Oddly enough I'm with Peach and guessing Hungary since we need another driving-heavy leg and aside from leg 3 I don't think we're getting it anywhere else

Tl;dr

Urumqi is definitely not safe nowadays. Since the tension between  Uyghurs and Chinese people grows rapidly in these few months and it is also dangerous as ISIS terrorists have been reported to infiltrate in Xinjiang region and captured by Chinese Police afterwards

Also,there are also many train station terrorist attacks in Yunnan,Sichuan in early 2015,Chengdu may not be safe for visit

But China is still remaining a high possibility.Hong Kong,Shanghai are the two cities which is safe

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #434 on: July 06, 2015, 04:20:19 AM »

Working backwards:

Tl;dr

Urumqi is definitely not safe nowadays. Since the tension between  Uyghurs and Chinese people grows rapidly in these few months and it is also dangerous as ISIS terrorists have been reported to infiltrate in Xinjiang region and captured by Chinese Police afterwards

Also,there are also many train station terrorist attacks in Yunnan,Sichuan in early 2015,Chengdu may not be safe for visit

But China is still remaining a high possibility.Hong Kong,Shanghai are the two cities which is safe

Urumqi may not be saved, but I think Sichuan still OK idk. The problem is that the last 2 visit to China (TAR21 Shanghai, TAR24 Guangzhou 1 & 2) was all the big metropolitan cities and doing another China leg in the big metropolitan cities like Beijing and HK was seems lack of diversity for recent China leg.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:24:22 AM by naejae91 »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: July 06, 2015, 05:09:57 AM »
How about the Himalayan regions for China & Nepal? Are these locations possible for TAR visits? ??? It might be interesting to see legs in the Himalayas, but with the high altitude, it seems very questionable.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #436 on: July 06, 2015, 06:16:22 AM »
How about the Himalayan regions for China & Nepal? Are these locations possible for TAR visits? ??? It might be interesting to see legs in the Himalayas, but with the high altitude, it seems very questionable.
Lijiang & Kunming in TAR18 were in the mountains of the Yunnan Province.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: July 06, 2015, 06:29:17 AM »
How about the HeiLongJiang province or JiLin province in China? I think they can infuse the Russian culture in HeiLongJiang province leg and the Korean culture in the JiLin province.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #438 on: July 06, 2015, 07:34:34 AM »
How about the HeiLongJiang province or JiLin province in China? I think they can infuse the Russian culture in HeiLongJiang province leg and the Korean culture in the JiLin province.
Heilongjiang is a strong candidate for China
Frankly speaking,Except Tibet and Xinjiang,others are mostly safe

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: July 06, 2015, 08:35:25 AM »
Tried to do some searching but up to no avail. I wonder where are they now? We haven't had a sighting.  ???
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:43:25 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #440 on: July 06, 2015, 08:52:56 AM »
Tried to do some searching but up to no avail. I wonder where are they now? We haven't had a sighting.  ???

Me too. Maybe they are on a flight half across the world to a place in the middle of nowhere.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #441 on: July 06, 2015, 09:27:31 AM »
We often lose them in India....

with the tight timeframe I can't imagine they would be in an extended pitstop. Keep your eyes peeled!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #442 on: July 06, 2015, 09:31:08 AM »

with the tight timeframe I can't imagine they would be in an extended pitstop. Keep your eyes peeled!

Oh, do you mean they're going to India? Or is somewhere in Middle East hard to get sighting as well? ???
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

MrDeerShank

« Reply #443 on: July 06, 2015, 09:54:20 AM »

Oh, do you mean they're going to India? Or is somewhere in Middle East hard to get sighting as well? ???

I think it depends on where you go, like Dubai would be much easier to get a sighting than say India

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #444 on: July 06, 2015, 09:57:39 AM »
Based on spoilers I think it makes sense to say that probably only M/M team remaining until at the very least leg 7 is Tanner and Josh because Ernest/Jin and  Alex/Adam both weren't seen on the flight to Zambia and in Zambia guys with orange bandanas were spotted probably Tanner/Josh. I hope it makes sense :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #445 on: July 06, 2015, 10:03:04 AM »
India was just a comment, not a spoiler.  :escape
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #446 on: July 06, 2015, 11:26:36 AM »
Based on spoilers I think it makes sense to say that probably only M/M team remaining until at the very least leg 7 is Tanner and Josh because Ernest/Jin and  Alex/Adam both weren't seen on the flight to Zambia and in Zambia guys with orange bandanas were spotted probably Tanner/Josh. I hope it makes sense :D

Tanner & Josh were last mentioned and seen in Zambia or Zimbabwe, so maybe not until Leg 7, but they're most likely the last MM team standing.

India was just a comment, not a spoiler.  :escape

??? Suspicious eh? Let's wait and see. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:29:45 AM by Platrium »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #447 on: July 06, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
I'm keeping 2 twitter search tabs open right now - one for "krakow" and one for "amazing race", in case there were really some teams spotted.

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #448 on: July 06, 2015, 11:41:34 AM »
FWIW, Sean Kuzmin @NotMyPolicy apparently lives in New York (or maybe Montreal) and reportedly went to the US/Germany women's soccer game in Montreal on June 30th.  Of course, this by no means means that he couldn't have gone to Poland in the time since then, but there's no other mention of travel on his profile.  Take it with a grain of salt.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #449 on: July 06, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »
Pls Poland