Author Topic: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 327156 times)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2015, 02:49:29 PM »
Spec: A "large village"

Could we see Songwe again??

Mukuni Village could fit the bill. It has a population of 7000 and is apparently a 7km drive away. I was lucky enough to stay there for a few days in 2006 and it certainly is a genuine and functioning village!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »

:spy:  Just for kicks decided to check out the Travel Advisories for Zambia from the USA, UK, Canada, and OZ.

Spans everything from the terse Canada advice to the pedantic US reports, and everything in between.   :grins:

I guess the take-away for Phil is that he should keep a sharp eye on the "Amazing Bathmat", lest it be stolen or trampled on by hoards of demonstrators.   :funny:

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »
Is it possible for team to drive on Lusaka - Livingstone route? I wanna see a long drive like this and travel source said that it's pretty scenic route.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2015, 03:50:32 PM »
So if WRP is staying in Victoria Falls for a week, we can probably expect two legs there...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2015, 04:51:21 PM »
So if WRP is staying in Victoria Falls for a week, we can probably expect two legs there...

And if WRP is staying in Victoria Falls for a week, and Phil says the race is 21 days, that would take up 1/3rd of the race days. I don't think they would stay there that long in that case... However, 2 legs is likely.
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2015, 05:00:00 PM »
The length of time PRODUCTION is there has NO bearing on the length of time racers are there...two totally different things.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »
The picture with Phil was with a Zimbabwean, the sheet of paper from the tweet is a customs company that lists only SA and Zimbabwe addresses, and I believe the tweeter was in Zimbabwe at most a couple of days ago and may still be.

Could they have stayed on that side tonight?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:01:27 PM by Dom »

Offline jeanluc20

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2015, 06:32:16 PM »
Zimbabwe is an impossible location because dictator Mugabe is very anti-West and they would probably never allow a US show to be filmed there... it's very difficult for Western tourists to get a visa to enter Zimbabwe.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2015, 06:48:24 PM »
Based on the live sightings, 7 teams were sighted in Zambia....
and Chris/Logan and Cindy/Rick are the only teams known to be safe currently

Speculation of the Race so far (for the person who asked about team spoilers in the timeline thread :))
Leg 1 10 teams are known to be safe, Team TMZ was last but unknown if eliminated
Leg 2 Teams flew to Buenos Aires and Alex/Adam were the only ones sighted.
Leg 3 Teams bused to Areco and Ernest/Jin and Tiffany/Krista were the only ones sighted.
Leg 4 Teams flew to Zambia. Logan/Chris spotted going to bus station? and Cindy/Rick was spotted along with 6 other teams.

If anything is wrong, just change it. :hearts: :) :<3 :cheer: :hoot:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »

And if WRP is staying in Victoria Falls for a week, and Phil says the race is 21 days, that would take up 1/3rd of the race days. I don't think they would stay there that long in that case... However, 2 legs is likely.
Yeah, I know teams wouldn't spend a week in Zambia.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »
Based on the live sightings, 7 teams were sighted in Zambia....
and Chris/Logan and Cindy/Rick are the only teams known to be safe currently

Speculation of the Race so far (for the person who asked about team spoilers in the timeline thread :))
Leg 1 10 teams are known to be safe, Team TMZ was last but unknown if eliminated
Leg 2 Teams flew to Buenos Aires and Alex/Adam were the only ones sighted.
Leg 3 Teams bused to Areco and Ernest/Jin and Tiffany/Krista were the only ones sighted.
Leg 4 Teams flew to Zambia. Logan/Chris spotted going to bus station? and Cindy/Rick was spotted along with 6 other teams.

If anything is wrong, just change it. :hearts: :) :<3 :cheer: :hoot:

I think this sounds accurate. ??? It's a summary of what we've known so far, but if anyone knows that a small info is wrong, please say so. :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2015, 08:38:06 PM »
About the 1 week of production stay in Zambia, my guess is that if they have to reroute, so that they have an extra time in case something happens.

I'm agreeing with Peach that production time in Zambia and the race period of 21 days do not affect each other and are conpletely different things.

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2015, 09:05:21 PM »
The picture with Phil was with a Zimbabwean, the sheet of paper from the tweet is a customs company that lists only SA and Zimbabwe addresses, and I believe the tweeter was in Zimbabwe at most a couple of days ago and may still be.

Could they have stayed on that side tonight?
[/quote

The flag in the background of that pic is Zambia's.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2015, 10:34:58 PM »
The length of time PRODUCTION is there has NO bearing on the length of time racers are there...two totally different things.

Oh sorry, I got confused there...
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: June 30, 2015, 06:34:35 AM »

Are we sure that YouTube video was made in leg 3??? I thought that it was in 2nd leg, so I was probably wrong.
(Btw, I found Tiffany/Krista really impolite in that video. They didn't even say hello or thank you that person who help them with direction.  :o )

Can person who saw other 6 team in Zambia identify tham based ond RFF photos? That would be really useful for us.  :)  Can somebody ask that, please?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: June 30, 2015, 06:36:26 AM »

Are we sure that YouTube video was made in leg 3??? I thought that it was in 2nd leg, so I was probably wrong.
(Btw, I found Tiffany/Krista really impolite in that video. They didn't even say hello or thank you that person who help them with direction.  :o )

Can person who saw other 6 team in Zambia identify tham based ond RFF photos? That would be really useful for us.  :)  Can somebody ask that, please?

I don't know if Jaime & Cara did same thing?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #291 on: June 30, 2015, 07:46:43 AM »
YouTube video found by Candi Lee is from the teams racing on the neighborhood of Almagro in the city of Buenos Aires, and it was recorded on Thursday 25th. It's a match with the info I received from the person who posted the initial tweet talking about them racing in front of his hotel on the morning of the following day. I know that area because it's only 15 blocks away from my home.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
From the picture on live sightings is that Praia Aprodor or a different place?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »
That mat photo is not where the Leg 1 Rio pitstop was? I am confused...two legs in Brazil?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »
That mat photo is not where the Leg 1 Rio pitstop was? I am confused...two legs in Brazil?

Same location. The picture that Xarles found on instagram makes it easier to see where the pitstop is.

Pitstop at Arpoador, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, by @ashley1504 on Instagram.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »
yeah a bit confusing ... phils shirt a different color too

did anyone post this one?? dude with phil  in rio http://iconosquare.com/p/1014107057190798987_273391216

heres a shot of Aproador :) http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/af/4f/53/aproador-beach.jpg

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2015, 11:31:30 PM »
I *would* have said that the pitstop was moved slightly for the leg 2 pit start (moved from atop the rock at the pitstop to a nearby beach for the pitstart), but Phil is in the picture, and I doubt that Phil would be at a pit start.

Offline TARFanMan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #297 on: July 02, 2015, 08:16:43 PM »
According to Wikipedia, Victoria Falls is a waterfall in southern Africa on the Zambezi River at the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe. If you were one of the people who watched The Amazing Race sense Episode 1 of Season 1, you may remember Victoria Falls was the first place visited in the series. This was back in 2001.

The show only went to Zambia once, and that was 14 years ago. I highly doubt that Zambia will be visited again. I believe Season 27 marks the first time visit to Zimbabwe.

Of course, a lot of people will be saying things like "But Namibia was visited in Season 2, but they went there in Season 26." True, but I don't believe the crew would visit the exact same city of the country. This is the case for many first and second time visits in countries. The first season it is visited, they will visit the capital/largest city. The second season, they will visit a small city. Therefore, they are probably visiting Zimbabwe for the first time.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #298 on: July 02, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »
I believe you are wrong.  Apparently Phil made a reference to Songwe Village at the start line to Rob and Brennan, who won that first leg, and there's also some photo evidence of production staying at a location at Victoria Falls. Because of the political situation, it is extremely unlikely TAR would even be permitted into Zimbabwe. As to Namibia, some of the locations seen in season 26 were seen in season 2, so it is just as likely that Botswana might be used just as it was in season one.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #299 on: July 02, 2015, 10:00:23 PM »
According to Wikipedia, Victoria Falls is a waterfall in southern Africa on the Zambezi River at the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe. If you were one of the people who watched The Amazing Race sense Episode 1 of Season 1, you may remember Victoria Falls was the first place visited in the series. This was back in 2001.

The show only went to Zambia once, and that was 14 years ago. I highly doubt that Zambia will be visited again. I believe Season 27 marks the first time visit to Zimbabwe.

Of course, a lot of people will be saying things like "But Namibia was visited in Season 2, but they went there in Season 26." True, but I don't believe the crew would visit the exact same city of the country. This is the case for many first and second time visits in countries. The first season it is visited, they will visit the capital/largest city. The second season, they will visit a small city. Therefore, they are probably visiting Zimbabwe for the first time.

:hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, TARFanMan!