Author Topic: Amazing Race 25 Vs 26  (Read 3932 times)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing Race 25 Vs 26
« on: May 17, 2015, 02:41:17 PM »
So A lot of people have said that Tar 25 and Tar 26 were really good seasons compared to previous seasons which ones do you think were better.

Rate it on:

Tasks ~ Route ~ Teams ~ Drama & The Fun
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:53:10 AM by BritishTARFan »

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
Re: Amazing Race 25 Vs 26
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 02:54:22 PM »
For me, TAR26 was definitely better.

TAR25 vs TAR26
Tasks: TAR25 - 8/10, TAR26 - 7/10
Route: TAR25 - 10/10, TAR26 - 9/10
Teams: TAR25 - 7/10, TAR26 - 9/10
Drama: TAR25 - 6/10, TAR26 - 8/10
The Fun: TAR25 - 8/10, TAR26 - 9/10

Total:
TAR25 - 39/50
TAR26 - 42/50

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 03:09:52 PM »
Which was better for me?
Tasks: TAR 25
Route: TAR 25
Teams: TAR 26
Drama: I have to say, TAR 25. Shelley vs. Nici, Shelley & Nici vs. Keith & Whitney, Kym & Alli vs. Jim & Misti, Kym & Alli vs. Adam & Bethany at the Fast Forward, Brooke & Robbie vs. Amy & Maya, WILL AMY COLLAPSE? And who can forget the Lisa & Michelle vs. Michael & Scott in the first leg :funny:
The Fun: Not really sure what this means but I'll give it to TAR 26 :lol:

Looks like it's a 3-2 split. I like TAR 25 better because it was consistently good imo. TAR 26 started out horrible and slowly picked up but the lack of suspense and tension killed it throughout its entire run.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »
So A lot of people have said that Tar 25 and Tar 26 were really good seasons compared to previous seasons which ones do you think were better.

Rate it on:

Tasks ~ Route ~ Task ~ Drama & The Fun
Tasks-25
Route-25
Teams-25
Drama-25
The Fun-25
Winner-25
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 04:18:05 PM »
Tasks - I can't really remember that many difficult or taxing challenges in TAR 25, apart from the FF.  So I'm going with TAR 26.
Route - TAR 26 (Based on Locations only - This is not considering whether the Leg was linear or not)
Cast - TAR 26 - The first time ever my Top 3 Pre-Race Faves made it the whole way to the Final Leg, even though none of them won.  :(
Drama - TAR 25, although Hayley vs. Blair alone would almost beat out the entire drama of TAR 25.  :funny:
Fun Factor - I enjoyed watching TAR 26 more, so I'm giving it the point here.

Overall a 4 - 1 win too TAR 26.  :conf:
IMO it was so much better than TAR 25, which just goes to show how great S26 actually is on a whole, especially when TAR 25 is ranked so highly.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline TooAmazingTAR23

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 04:36:35 PM »
Tasks: TAR 26. I like it when teams struggle at tasks, which we saw more in TAR 26.
Route: TAR 25. So much fun to watch!
Teams: TAR 26. Tough call, but I liked more of the teams in TAR 26.
Drama: TAR 25. Other than the TAR 26 finale, most of the TAR 25 legs had more drama due to different teams being in the lead.
The Fun: TAR 26.

Looks like it is close, but I am going to go with TAR 26. Either way I hope we see some returning cast members from both seasons!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 07:41:23 PM »
Tasks: TAR26, I just consistently enjoyed the tasks beginning Thailand. TAR25 kinda didn't do any favours of good tasks when teams arrived in Italy and Singapore. :/

Route: TAR25. I loved seeing new locations!

Teams: TAR25. I love both casts, but TAR26, I literally loved the entire cast on Final 8 onwards. (Tyler/Laura's random bleh edit wasn't out then), while TAR25's Final 8 was glistening. So Tyler/Laura pushes TAR25 to have a better cast overall for diversity.

Drama: No Contest. Both seasons were pretty drama-free (Shenici vs. Keithney was so minor), but both seasons being solid meant you could have a season with little drama and still be good. (TAR19)

Fun: TAR26. I would force myself to wake up early to catch TAR26 live, while TAR25 I didn't really get up all that much :lol:

Overall: It's Equally Good! :tup:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:28:24 PM »
TAR 26 better on every scale! TAR 25 had such crap winners and pretty meh cast.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 01:29:39 AM »
Task: I give TAR25 some credit. The Flag detour and sheep ARI in Scotland are both very memorable and all the task during entire season is pretty much above expectation. (With the only duh in Italy IMO) For TAR26, the task is good for the latter half of the race but all Asia task were so MEH. The only task that really impressed me was Papa Detour in Peru.

Route: TAR26. I love 5 continents-route and Monaco-Namibia-Netherlands-Peru combo is perfect! (I like Hot-and-Cold shift to mess with teams). But TAR25 route is also spectacular. The idea of almost-all island route is cool. And Shetland and Malta is <3.

Team: TAR26. Best cast ever. We had all type of teams during this season. Some trainwreck, some dysfunctional couple, some miscommuninating couple who sort things out in the end <333. It's just perfect and all the team bring something to the table. I think the entire F7 of 26 is really cool and will be fine with any of them return for All-star. 25 had some great cast too since I like the entire F5. But 26 is just way more entertaining to watch.

Drama: TAR25. So much drama. U-turn in Morocco and Singapore. CandyGirls VS Wrestlers in Singapore. CycleGirls VS Dentist. It's fun to watch. 26 didn't have much inter-team drama since they focus too much on Intra-team drama. (Blair & Hayley <3333 Jenny <333)

Fun: TAR26. It give me the excitement that I haven't felt in TAR for long time. And I'm emotionally invested for team in this season lots more than 25.  :funny:

I cannot decide between 25 and 26.  :(  But I think I'll vote for 25 for quality of the season since the producer seemed to work so hard and try to make changes to the race which influence 26 into amazing season in a roll. <33 Hopefully 27 keep this momentum and continue to be amazing. <33   

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 06:00:41 AM »
TASKS : 25
ROUTE : 26
TEAMS : 26
DRAMA : 25
FUN : 26
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 11:29:24 PM »
I won't go into detail, but I prefer TAR25. I feel like TAR26 is pretty close to it.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 11:32:15 PM »
Route: TAR 26
Teams: TAR 26
Drama: TAR 26
Fun: TAR 26

TAR 26 all the way
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 02:46:02 AM »
Crazy slightily off topic thought.

Both Survivor and TAR had a sucky season 24, but then had a pretty good 25. Then for both shows 26th season had a sucky first 1/3-1/2 of a season before turning into a pretty good season.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 02:50:47 AM »
Meh not really, I hated Caramoan :lol:

I immediately tuned out once Dawn-Brenda were out, and pre-merge was absolutely atrocious. Not to mention that that Finale and Reunion :res:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 03:08:51 AM »
Meh not really, I hated Caramoan :lol:

I immediately tuned out once Dawn-Brenda were out, and pre-merge was absolutely atrocious. Not to mention that that Finale and Reunion :res:
I was saying that from what I hear people say and I do agree with what you say.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »
Task - 25. 26 Detour task are horribly imbalanced and the Asia legs task are very lackluster.

Route - 25. (Close Win.). OMG I love the island theme route (US Virgin Islands, Shetland Islands, Copenhagen, Marrakech, Malta, Philippines). 26 route also great in TV (Munich-Nice/Monaco-Namibia-Amsterdam-Peru-Dallas) <3

Cast - 25. (Close win again.). The cast was very diverse, we have Food Scientists, Mother-Daughter flight attendants, cyclists, surfers couple, firefighters, asian dating couple, asian gay couple, country town dating couple, wrestlers couple, dentists and miami realtors.

Drama - 25. We have Firefighters vs Realtors, Shelly vs Nici, Shenici vs Keithney, Brobbie vs Amaya, the drama in Copenhagen, and the chaotic drama in Marrakech and Philippines.

Fun - 25. (Close win again!) I was enjoy to see them find treasure hunt (The realtor sunset and sunrise comment :funny ), the grumpy soldier in London, punting the river at Oxford (Whitney dropped into the river twice, Nici pee in the river :lol: ), the peat DT and sheep task in Shetland Islands, the sandwich RB in Copenhagen, Dentists epic fail at every tasks in Copenhagen :lol: ,Marrakech 1 twirling head 1 minute (Maya epic fail in the task :lol: ), Marrakech 2 Brooke whining at the bridge :lol: , Brobbie imitate the Candy girl jog, the slippery flag pole DT in Malta, Amaya at Cupping Detour :funny , dentists epic fail again in the tricycle assembly task :lol: , Brobbie at the fish task :lol: , pedicab race (Amy crashed into a van, Misti complaining Jim was too heavy. :lol: ), Amaya candy girl jog to the finish line.

26 was still not bad for me, but 25 did better to enjoy my TAR experience.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:29:41 AM by naejae91 »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2015, 02:09:41 AM »
I believe TAR25 is the best season since TAR17.  It had everything; great cast, good locations, good tasks, good competition. 
TAR26, meanwhile, had a so-so cast, good locations, but horrible Legs (hello Namibia!) and competition overshadowed by the contrived blind date gimmick.  The only drama on TAR26 was between Hayley & Blair and without them, the season would probably even less enjoyable.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2015, 03:38:42 AM »
Some of the Detours at TAR 26 were really unbalanced, ESPECIALLY the first leg (Samurai Sake looked way easier than Syncing Steps). TAR 25 also had some memorable tasks for me, like the punting in UK, Roadblock in Denmark, Flag Detour in Malta, and the final Roadblock at the final leg.

Route: TAR 25
Of course TAR 25 has the better route than 26. Other than new visits to U.S. Virgin Islands and Malta, the locations visited are either never before seen or haven't been visited for so long. Yeah, TAR 26 has Peru and Namibia, but another visit to Tokyo, Bangkok, and Amsterdam was boring for me.

Teams: TAR 25
First, TAR 25 had all-female teams, which what TAR 26 really lacked of. Then, TAR 25's teams are (I think) equally competitive and more variant while TAR 26 lacked of competitive teams, other than Laura & Tyler and Hayley & Blair. Some of the TAR 26 teams are not really memorable for me, like Jeff & Lyda (I don't remember them at all), Libby & CJ (I only remember them missed the train to Nagano), and Aly & Steve (these two were overshadowed by the remaining blind date teams), while ALL the teams on TAR 25 have their own memorable moments.

Drama: TAR 25
TAR 26's dramas are mostly intra-team, not inter-teams. We didn't see any drama on Mike & Rochelle IIRC, but on TAR 25 the dramas are so many! From leg 1 we had seen a drama between the firefighters and the realtor sisters, then we saw the drama on the way to Pit Stop at leg 2, don't forget leg 5 drama between Shelley & Nici and Keith & Whitney leading to the U-Turn and Keith & Whitney's elimination, and then the drama between Brooke & Robbie and Amy & Maya from the Singapore leg until the final leg (remember Brooke & Robbie's reaction seeing Amy & Maya at Manila Airport on the final leg?).

Fun: TAR 25
I think TAR 25 wins simply because of the previous season (TAR 24, ew). After watching the worst TAR season ever and then seeing TAR 25's teams, routes, tasks, and locations, I'm always anticipating what's coming next week. However, TAR 26 came after TAR 25, where my standard and hopes are high, but actually it didn't deliver as much as I expected. The thing that make me still want to watch TAR 26 was Hayley & Blair and that's it. When I watched Hayley messed up at the Roadblock on the final leg, I immediately skip the rest of the episode until when Hayley & Blair reached the Finish Line at 3rd, that's because I just lost all my fun and excitement watching the finale leg.

Overall: TAR 25 wins all the way! :wohoo: :wohoo:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*