Author Topic: TAR CAN Bitch Moan & SQUEAL Thread * SPOILERS*  (Read 101031 times)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR CAN Bitch Moan & SQUEAL Thread * SPOILERS*
« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2018, 08:07:06 AM »
The FF teams this season are strooooong. Like every alternating season has pretty competitive FFs.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2018, 08:29:46 AM »
Only 1 Indonesian leg! Are they serious.... They flew halfway across the world to only visit Jakarta and then fly back to Canada  :groan: :furious:
They could have at least visited Bali, Yogyakarta, Lombok for another leg or maybe Singapore. I mean you're already there in the region.
I would have loved the Jakarta-Bali combo.

That article about the difficulties of this leg...yeah right. So with ALL that why NOT do a second leg? Makes no sense.

Based on timing, it seems as though there should have been one.

So choices would be

-- no planned second leg
--planned second leg that had to be scrapped pre filming
--second leg scrapped during or immediately after filming and all placement changes trashed

Based on timing there was room to spare right?

Has option #3 ever happen before? Filming a whole leg but then deleting it, and make it look like it never existed? (If that's what you meant, maybe I misunderstood)

Maybe they wanted to do another leg somewhere but it had to be cancelled just before filming, so they decided to give them 2 extra day in Jakarta and made them go directly to leg 6 (Stratford)  Which would explain why have another leg (Toronto) in the same day... Maybe Toronto was not planned but because that's Production HQ, they were able to create a leg quickly between the two legs planned (Stratford and Winnipeg).

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
Only 1 Indonesian leg! Are they serious.... They flew halfway across the world to only visit Jakarta and then fly back to Canada  :groan: :furious:
They could have at least visited Bali, Yogyakarta, Lombok for another leg or maybe Singapore. I mean you're already there in the region.
I would have loved the Jakarta-Bali combo.

That article about the difficulties of this leg...yeah right. So with ALL that why NOT do a second leg? Makes no sense.

Based on timing, it seems as though there should have been one.

So choices would be

-- no planned second leg
--planned second leg that had to be scrapped pre filming
--second leg scrapped during or immediately after filming and all placement changes trashed

Based on timing there was room to spare right?

They also connected through Japan, they could have done a leg there.  :groan: :furious:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #403 on: July 26, 2018, 08:48:15 AM »
I think Toronto must have been planned. The Chevrolet task would have required advance planning (arranging cars etc.)

However, the detour option + uturn board seem random locations ???

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #404 on: July 29, 2018, 02:33:18 PM »
Down to two international legs...quality over quantity.

I can't agree with this sentiment given the illogical routes produced in the 3 of the past 4 seasons.

Are you including Heroes' Edition with 3 and 5? If so, then I concur.

Correct.

But I also think seasons 2 & 4 are miles above 3, 5 and 6 so far in terms of quality IMO.

Agreed: 2 = 4 > (6 =) 1 > 5 > 3.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #405 on: August 08, 2018, 01:41:07 PM »
The only things carrying this season are Martina & Phil and female teams domination(which is always welcomed).

Tasks are not interesting or culturally relevant anymore. Eating a pie? Packing a boxes? Crafting a latte? Playing with balloons? Performing random dance each leg?  TAR Family Edition was found dead.

Canada is getting smaler and production needs to admit it. Go more international next season, please!!! 6 legs at least. Because this franchise will became unwatchable soon.

It's still better than last season, but only because of the cast.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #406 on: August 08, 2018, 03:00:42 PM »
Jakarta > Panama City > Beijing = Bangkok

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #407 on: August 08, 2018, 05:21:46 PM »
How about you make 10 legs overseas and only have the Finale leg in Canada!  :groan:

SO SICK of seeing the same tasks in Canada...

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: August 09, 2018, 01:04:04 AM »
Whew, another year without a mid-season recap episode.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #409 on: August 09, 2018, 08:20:01 PM »
Screw the TV ads for TAR Canada. Before they even say the words "Amazing Race Canada", they just right out of the gate play an audio clip of their next destination. No consideration for people who avoid spoilers. There's literally no chance to mute the TV or change the channel. I hate it so much. I haven't been surprised by a TAR Canada destination in years.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #410 on: August 10, 2018, 12:47:04 PM »
Is it possible to fix the timeline  cause I don’t know how to, lol I’m not trying to be mean or anything I just like being an updated person. Like updates pics and updates legs

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #411 on: August 10, 2018, 01:16:19 PM »
What I’m finding really weird about TarCanada is that they keep going back and fourth. Like why go from downtown to Landsdowne to like 7 mins away from my house just go to downtown again. I also heard that they stayed at the airport hotel in Toronto, just to start the leg all the way downtown, then back to the airport to fly to  Winnipeg  :groan: And I also find it weird when they went from BC to Yukon back to BC and they do this every season, like last season they went from BC to Alberta just to go back to Bc again like I don’t understand that lmfao

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #412 on: August 12, 2018, 12:09:55 PM »
I'm all for having a really interesting and interactive cast, but nearly half the teams that have appeared in TARC history are all Ontarians.
62 teams have competed over 6 seasons, which implies there have been 124 participants. How many are from Ontario? 52.

British Columbia is behind by 30 contestants with 22 of them, and Alberta shortly behind at 20 contestants.
Then we have the ~secondary provinces~ like Quebec, Manitoba, Newfoundland & Labrador and Nova Scotia that have thankfully gotten representation. Fun Fact: Every contestant from Manitoba is from Winnipeg.

Here's to hoping they cast fun people from other provinces too xx

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #413 on: August 12, 2018, 12:24:45 PM »
Same as TAR US and Los Angeles, it's had its ample supply of Californian racers. As I heard a podcast once say, "Want to get cast for Amazing Race? Just hang around Santa Monica."

Toronto is home base, so they're more budget-friendly to cast due to no flying in, I guess :P

I'm honestly surprised and a little disappointed that still after 6 seasons, they can't get anybody from Saskatchewan or New Brunswick with their decent-sized populations. Big Brother Canada has had no problem representing these provinces.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #414 on: August 12, 2018, 12:54:32 PM »
You guys do know that Ontario, Quebec, B.C, and Alberta make up 86.3% of Canada's entire population right. It's easier to find people from said provinces to cast because of their population.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #415 on: August 12, 2018, 01:11:03 PM »
And...you are ALL Canadian right?  :0328:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #416 on: August 12, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »
Where are the contestants from Yukon, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, Northwest Territories and Prince Edward Island? :(

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: August 14, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »
A 9-7-6 non-elimination/to-be-continued sequence has never been done before and I'm glad that all went to F/Fs, but holy freaking crap @ Leanne's suffering in the preview - she and Mar had best get the same music that played for Joseph and Akash!