Author Topic: TAR CAN Bitch Moan & SQUEAL Thread * SPOILERS*  (Read 100274 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR CAN Bitch Moan & SQUEAL Thread * SPOILERS*
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2017, 05:34:19 AM »
LOL this season's going to suck. Unless the cast carries it.

I'm not feeling the cast tbh. I trust casting did their best to give us the best 10 teams they could find (or not). We'll see.

1,2 and 4 were some of the best casts in the history of the show.

Yeah agreed (but definitely leaning more on 4>2>1). I think the only one that intrigues me is... Team 7, Team 8, and Team 10?

This season gives me a TARCAN3 vibe already. And at least THAT season had 4 International legs.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2017, 06:20:38 PM »
do we have truths that is tar

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »
UGH THE ZIPLINE COUNTIES

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »
i actual start like the teams so far

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »
i feel like the producer need stop drink coffe when map out race

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »
Lol even after 5 seasons it's still hars for m/f team to get in to f3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2017, 11:30:53 AM »
Not feeling this route.

Show content
A record number of reused cities, and for a season supposed to celebrate Canada (more than it already dNot feeling this route. A record number of reused cities, and for a season supposed to celebrate Canada (more than it already did), they covered less of it than ever, no north or maritimes at all. Only a couple domestic legs really appealed to me

Fort McMurray, there was a sighting of a helicoptet landing, which I bet means one of the route markers was flying them over to see the extent of the wildfire damage.

Western Newfoundland, because I've wanted them to get to Labrador, the fjord-laced landscape of Gros Morne is close enough. Plus, vikings are always cool.

Possibly Saskatchewan...IF they went where I suspect they went when they vanished in the south country.

Decent tasks and good cast can help a season, and we'll know better after the mid-June bio releases, but on the outside they look like another S3-style (their blandest) cast. And got a feeling this year production will have them regurgitating their patriotism on camera throughout the race.

If the show stopped winning those CSA's, maybe that would make Brunton/Lysakowski/Bickerton sit back and finally say, "We're losing them, we need to shake it up. Maybe it's time to try the world thing more".
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:37:01 AM by Maanca »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »
Hopefully the cast is good to save it, the route is really odd. If they really wanted to celebrate Canada's 150 years, they should have visited areas that have roots, histories, iconic areas that helped shaped Canada and overseas countries that have a strong relationship and deep history with Canada.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2017, 03:06:33 PM »
Hopefully the cast is good to save it, the route is really odd. If they really wanted to celebrate Canada's 150 years, they should have visited areas that have roots, histories, iconic areas that helped shaped Canada and overseas countries that have a strong relationship and deep history with Canada.

AMEN. Locations are a HUGE part of all our TAR's.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »
Not feeling this route.

Show content
A record number of reused cities, and for a season supposed to celebrate Canada (more than it already dNot feeling this route. A record number of reused cities, and for a season supposed to celebrate Canada (more than it already did), they covered less of it than ever, no north or maritimes at all. Only a couple domestic legs really appealed to me

Fort McMurray, there was a sighting of a helicoptet landing, which I bet means one of the route markers was flying them over to see the extent of the wildfire damage.

Western Newfoundland, because I've wanted them to get to Labrador, the fjord-laced landscape of Gros Morne is close enough. Plus, vikings are always cool.

Possibly Saskatchewan...IF they went where I suspect they went when they vanished in the south country.

Decent tasks and good cast can help a season, and we'll know better after the mid-June bio releases, but on the outside they look like another S3-style (their blandest) cast. And got a feeling this year production will have them regurgitating their patriotism on camera throughout the race.

If the show stopped winning those CSA's, maybe that would make Brunton/Lysakowski/Bickerton sit back and finally say, "We're losing them, we need to shake it up. Maybe it's time to try the world thing more".

AMEN

I like to think of it like this:
A season needs the basics of locations.
Tasks can potentially make up for bad locations/uninteresting locations.
If tasks and locations don't do the job, the cast has to make up for that or the show goes flat.

Cast - 50% Tasks 30% Location 20%

Hope its not a season 3 repeat!

Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2017, 10:29:42 PM »
Canada always delivers with a good cast so I'm not worried about that, I have faith in this version's quality
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2017, 10:47:56 AM »
Canada always delivers with a good cast so I'm not worried about that, I have faith in this version's quality

We still got this.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2017, 11:51:32 AM »
Why do I get Gino & Jesse vibes from Team #1 and Brent & Sean vibes from Team #9. :groan:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »
The problem I think with 3's cast was they had too many alpha personalities, the kind of people who often don't make entertaining TV, they take everything seriously (TAR20's cast suffered from this problem, too).

It was probably the biggest budget season, too. Largest cast, and gave the best Pit Stop prizes.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2017, 12:31:55 PM »
The problem I think with 3's cast was they had too many alpha personalities, the kind of people who often don't make entertaining TV, they take everything seriously (TAR20's cast suffered from this problem, too).

It was probably the biggest budget season, too. Largest cast, and gave the best Pit Stop prizes.

It now makes sense, because production spent a lot for S.3, that factor most probably carried on with the succeeding seasons, now that TAR Canada has only 10 teams for S.4 & the upcoming S.5 plus the fact that Air Canada dropped out as sponsor. Production is recovering from S.3, looked at the prizes and wow! not only that you get to travel to a destination, you get free supply of gas for a year or two depending on the leg.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »

The other problem was the lack of diversity with the teams.
2 Brother Teams
2 Father-Daughter Teams
2 Co-worker Teams (Both FF too :funny:)
2 Dating Teams
The other 4 were Teammates, Exes, Married and Engaged. We had all the types of couples (exes, married, dating and engaged).

Too many MF teams too.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2017, 12:51:53 PM »

The other problem was the lack of diversity with the teams.
2 Brother Teams
2 Father-Daughter Teams
2 Co-worker Teams (Both FF too :funny:)
2 Dating Teams
The other 4 were Teammates, Exes, Married and Engaged. We had all the types of couples (exes, married, dating and engaged).

Too many MF teams too.

The 2 Co-Workers & F/F teams were also both Police Officers. We also had a lot of athletes in S.3, we had an MMA Fighter, Wrestlers, Hip-Hop Dancers, a former Pro Soccer Player, a former Pro Football Player.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 12:56:18 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2017, 08:08:36 PM »
Season 3 would be far better if both two F/F teams weren't booted quite soon, we would see many drama in Face-Off tasks and W-turn boards

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2017, 08:11:29 PM »
Season 3 would be far better if both two F/F teams weren't booted quite soon, we would see many drama in Face-Off tasks and W-turn boards

I really don't think the boot order played a giant factor, the route was REALLY bad too. Maybe the worst Canada legs out of the four.

I still remember how cringey and hilarious it was that Edmonton kept promoting their penultimate leg as (a showcase of our rich culture) and the leg ended up just being teams going to a garbage dump, a gas station, and a bar :lol:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2017, 03:28:14 AM »
^ I remember these last few legs of Season 3 where I found the Canadian self promo was really annoying when the leg design and task was really bland itself and can be done anywhere, and then it got hype on the show like it's the best thing to happen on the world, or showcase on the Canadian rich culture, etc.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: June 21, 2017, 02:07:23 PM »
Cast gives me a basic vibe now. (Better than Season 3 which was bland)

Cast Impressions:

Love Karen and Bert
Andrea and Ebonie  :bunny
Korey and Ivana  :keeta:
Sam and Paul  :spy:
Aaron and Deb - not the most watchable, they make me cringe :funny:
Kenneth and Ryan  :juggle
Courtney/Megan - lack personality

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: June 21, 2017, 02:17:44 PM »
I like them! Karen & Bert and Kenneth & Ryan are the polar opposite personalities than what I expected based on sightings (stifled and serious like Brian & Cynthia, Gino & Jesse respectively)

Kinda sad we were wrong about a Saskatchewan team, though :(

3 more still to come tomorrow.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: June 21, 2017, 02:35:08 PM »
When the fifth season was announced last fall, Mike Cosentino, SVP, content and programming, Bell Media, told MiC that the network would be chasing a millennial audience “more heavily than ever” with the upcoming episodes. That was started with the casting of the new season, looking at the social media footprint of potential racers to bringing on more competitors who would resonate across younger audiences.

http://mediaincanada.com/2017/05/31/five-brands-signed-on-for-the-next-amazing-race-canada/

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »
When the fifth season was announced last fall, Mike Cosentino, SVP, content and programming, Bell Media, told MiC that the network would be chasing a millennial audience “more heavily than ever” with the upcoming episodes. That was started with the casting of the new season, looking at the social media footprint of potential racers to bringing on more competitors who would resonate across younger audiences.

http://mediaincanada.com/2017/05/31/five-brands-signed-on-for-the-next-amazing-race-canada/

It seems like they cast teams in the "fun" , "competitive" or "both" category.

Fun
Kenneth and Ryan
Dan and Riya
Courtney and Megan (supposedly)
Zed and Shabbir???
Aaron and Deb

Competitive
Korey and Ivana
Sam and Paul

Both
Bert and Karen
Adam and Andrea
Ebonie and Andrea

Offline TheHippo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2017, 06:59:08 PM »
My money is on a team from Toronto winning.  Ugh.