Author Topic: TAR CAN Bitch Moan & SQUEAL Thread * SPOILERS*  (Read 101303 times)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR CAN Bitch Moan & SQUEAL Thread * SPOILERS*
« Reply #300 on: April 28, 2018, 08:12:48 AM »

Yikes, clearly budget is not an issue with this show when they pull stuff like this. Seems just a stunt to get their mileage #s up

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #301 on: April 28, 2018, 08:30:10 AM »
And don't even get me started on how bland the Panama leg was.

Pardon? That was as legendary as the S19 penultimate episode and superior to the overrated Strangers' Edition premiere, easily the best Latin American leg in TARCAN history.

Cuba* sorry I got confused. I didn't like the Panama leg either, but the roadblock and the equalizer task at the end kinda saved it for me.
Don't @ me for Cuba, most pointless leg ever.

Gra1162

« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2018, 08:49:55 AM »

Pardon? That was as legendary as the S19 penultimate episode and superior to the overrated Strangers' Edition premiere, easily the best Latin American leg in TARCAN history.

Cuba* sorry I got confused. I didn't like the Panama leg either, but the roadblock and the equalizer task at the end kinda saved it for me.
Don't @ me for Cuba, most pointless leg ever.
Agreed but in the Cuba leg the only thing good  for me was the double battle aka the beach vollyball task and the roadblock was pointless there nothing really special and doesn't show to tradtions in Cuba and the other good thing is seeing Amy beat was it rita in the roadblock(I really hate rita and yevette) 

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: April 28, 2018, 12:09:45 PM »
Hopefully they go international next.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: April 28, 2018, 12:11:30 PM »
Hopefully they go international next.

I think they're doing this so they can be close to Vancouver to do just that in the next leg. Same as last season.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2018, 02:33:18 PM »

Cuba* sorry I got confused.

That's more like it.

I wonder if this pie-eating task is a pseudo-Switchback to S14 in Austria/Bavaria.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #306 on: April 28, 2018, 05:28:36 PM »
Actually, this doesn't sound like so bad a leg now. An eating task of something gag-worthy, car racing, and now something with birds of prey. And it's in the rain.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »

Cuba* sorry I got confused.

That's more like it.

I wonder if this pie-eating task is a pseudo-Switchback to S14 in Austria/Bavaria.

I felt that it was be similar to the Sausage task in Poland (TARUS 10) ??

Gra1162

« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2018, 03:54:01 AM »
Yay cheerleaders and ken and barbie i will be cheering for you guys  :cheer: hopfully you both make it to finals

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2018, 08:11:45 AM »
11, and how come? There's no gross ingredient.

Given the theme, I wonder if the number of Face-Offs will go up to three or more.

Gra1162

« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2018, 08:29:39 AM »

Given the theme, I wonder if the number of Face-Offs will go up to three or more.
It was snake or rabbit inside it I think that what Phil said when he did the gross tar food in clever

Gra1162

« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2018, 09:48:22 PM »
I really hope we go international for half the race. I mean they are really running out of steam for the Canadian legs (see: season 5) and all the tasks are so subpar. I'm fine with all Canada too, all I ask is for interesting tasks.
And I hope they actually have culturally relevant and interesting international legs. I still don't understand why they flew them all the way from Beijing to Shanghai just for Tock's deli?
I don't get it too  but in shanghai there is so much to do you could have a chinese food contest or whatsort even though i only stayed in shanghai for 1 day honstley the best china legs are all in the us version (i am also counting HK and Macau) Like Tar 14, Tar 17 (HK), Tar 18, Tar 21,Tar 27 (HK),Tar 30

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2018, 11:23:58 PM »
I really hope we go international for half the race. I mean they are really running out of steam for the Canadian legs (see: season 5) and all the tasks are so subpar. I'm fine with all Canada too, all I ask is for interesting tasks.
And I hope they actually have culturally relevant and interesting international legs. I still don't understand why they flew them all the way from Beijing to Shanghai just for Tock's deli?
I don't get it too  but in shanghai there is so much to do you could have a chinese food contest or whatsort even though i only stayed in shanghai for 1 day honstley the best china legs are all in the us version (i am also counting HK and Macau) Like Tar 14, Tar 17 (HK), Tar 18, Tar 21,Tar 27 (HK),Tar 30

Didn't they just go to Shanghai last season? It probably won't be on the menu again (pun intended).
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2018, 11:48:40 PM »

It was snake or rabbit inside it I think that what Phil said when he did the gross tar food in clever

Too miniscule of a Polish presence on Vancouver Island, and Jon would have probably posted something to social media if it were truly distasteful.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #314 on: May 01, 2018, 12:34:30 PM »

But they aren't smashing pies into each other's faces, and I doubt they would just make them sit there and eat pies, so there's gotta be like a gag-worthy element.
But it can be sorta like the Bavarian task as in teams keep eating pies till they find a cherry pie.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #315 on: May 01, 2018, 12:40:27 PM »
They had to eat a whole pie.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: May 01, 2018, 11:02:04 PM »

But they aren't smashing pies into each other's faces, and I doubt they would just make them sit there and eat pies, so there's gotta be like a gag-worthy element.
But it can be sorta like the Bavarian task as in teams keep eating pies till they find a cherry pie.

Product placement challenge for an educated guess.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #317 on: May 01, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »

Product placement challenge for an educated guess.

The SS Saturday Market is all crafts and artisanal foods. No commercially produced goods or foods are allowed. It's really quaint, in a hippy kinda way.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: May 01, 2018, 11:28:25 PM »
Relieved to be mistaken in that case. ^_^

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: May 02, 2018, 04:08:27 AM »
YES, JAKARTA'S HOSTING A LEG!  :cheer:

The snubs from the original and TARAUS have been avenged!

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #320 on: May 02, 2018, 04:40:54 AM »
omg jakartaaa <333
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: May 02, 2018, 05:40:02 AM »
TAR Canada visits the capital city of Indonesia, something that TAR US couldn't do, even after 5x visits and 9 legs :D i can't wait to watch how racers handle the heat and of course the Traffic in Jakarta LOL
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:51:49 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #322 on: May 02, 2018, 06:54:19 AM »
It's becoming predictable that TARC visits Asia during its international legs, but it's awesome to see another franchise on top of TARA visit Jakarta. Should be a fun leg.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #323 on: May 02, 2018, 09:46:51 AM »
TARUS has never had a full Jakarta Leg huh? That's pretty crazy. So it should be fun to see TAR Canada do one.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: May 02, 2018, 01:50:24 PM »
TAR Canada visits the capital city of Indonesia, something that TAR US couldn't do, even after 5x visits and 9 legs :D i can't wait to watch how racers handle the heat and of course the Traffic in Jakarta LOL

Remember how the fourth season's Cai Be leg caused heat exhaustion for the racers?

That was just Southern VN - now they're in the heart of Java!