Author Topic: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*  (Read 79586 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2014, 03:27:21 AM »
How about a Fast Forward task in the First Leg of the Race.  Teams will have to complete an extra task, if they choose, and they can use that FF any time before Leg 9.  But, if they don't use it on that first Leg, they would need to still complete the Leg.  G

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2014, 04:28:25 AM »
Replace the task design team. Tasks seem a bit too generic at times and sometimes there's no point at all of being at a certain city.

Aha after seeing the last episode.
Going to Liverpool just for penalty kick?
Going to Wales just to recite poem?

Although the episode was great but it still kinda annoyed me.  :res:

I have to agree to those somehow. ???
IMO, the last episode didn't excite me, which is why I was extremely lazy to post a review/commentary for the last episode. :(

I disagree very much.

Football (soccer) started in England, IIRC, and it was a sort of a task in there. Pretty OK to say it was a lame task, but a soccer task in Brazil or England makes rather much more sense than in any other place on Earth. About the Welsh porm, I disagree much strongly. The thing in there is to make a difficult task so that teams realize how hard Welsh is. I find it as a really mystic and different language, and I feel the task challenged it well.

I just think that tasks are not extremely related to being in the city/country where they are made, but this leg in Particular, featured related tasks in a really good way, tbh.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2014, 03:20:22 AM »
Watching this week's episode, I think TAR should relax their trying to avoid seeing the cameramen and sound guys in shots.  When Amy & Maya (I think) passed Brooke & Robbie in the taxi, we saw the cameraman clear as day in the front seat and that was great.  It really added to the excitement.

But for example at the Detour, when the three teams were in a mad dash to get to the scaffolding first, I feel like we missed some great shots because they probably had a cameraman or two in them.  That seems to be the case a lot of the time, otherwise usable shots that must be thrown out because of either of the crew members being seen.

I think after 25 seasons, TAR doesn't need to be as careful or active in trying to hide them anymore.  Sometimes, especially in the more frantic scenes of the Race, it adds a lot to the excitement and avoids the need for abrupt quick cuts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2014, 04:23:43 AM »
^^ I think it adds to the reality of the show.

I think there was an instance this season (Leg 5) where the cameraman was not edited out too.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2015, 05:24:51 PM »
If Bertram and Co. really want to find ways to change up the show, they should just look in this thread.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2015, 02:29:53 PM »
BUMP.

Dear CBS and WRP,

1) NO gimmick team like the crossover reality show contestant, famous athletic, celebrities, mactor,...

2) MORE normal citizens teams like Meredith & Gretchen, David & Mary, Ron & Christina, Bill & Cathi, Mark & Bopper, Natalie & Nadiya in TAR21, Chuck & Wyona, Shelly & Nici, Amy & Maya, Hayley & Blair, CJ & Lebya, Jeff & Lyda,...

3) Please refer to any TAR fantasy games and wishlist in RFF and SurvivorSucks if you didn't have any idea to plan and design the race. We'll be much appreciate if you pay attention to any TAR fantasy games even if you copies 100% of the location and task.

3) Please have the race route was more diverse location. Please do not repeat the horrible race route like TAR21 and TAR24, and please do not always going to the same country and cities (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, West Europe, Tokyo & Osaka, metropolitan China, Indonesian Java Island, Chile, Argentina)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:38:26 PM by naejae91 »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Super Mateo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #256 on: May 01, 2015, 10:29:51 PM »
I agree with the cameraman thing.  We know they're there.  Unless they have to be paid more if they appear on screen, there's no reason to hide them.

I really wish they would put a standings/progress board up during the episodes, either throughout the episode, or if that is too much clutter, whenever the order changes.  It can either display what order teams are in or what task they're doing.  Something more than just a simple "currently in 4th" at the bottom for 5 seconds.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2015, 05:41:25 PM »
I really wish they would put a standings/progress board up during the episodes, either throughout the episode, or if that is too much clutter, whenever the order changes.  It can either display what order teams are in or what task they're doing.  Something more than just a simple "currently in 4th" at the bottom for 5 seconds.

It could be really useful during Detours, in the event that teams completing different sides finish relatively close to each other.

I think my biggest pet peeve (that should probably be fixed ASAP, if it were me) is that those in charge of casting doesn't make the cast diverse enough. I say that because they've overused certain professions. Remember that parade of beauty queens? One season was fine. Having them in multiple seasons, especially in a row, was overkill. Stop picking people who have had their fifteen minutes of fame elsewhere, because each season... It seems like there's one team that has already received that attention.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score