Author Topic: TAR Canada 3 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 84757 times)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ambodags
Yellow team seen running through Olympic Plaza
This could mean the neon mm team which means 3 mm finale and producers failed to get an MF team in the finals.

Confirmed he said 2 guys
All male Final 3
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:16:39 PM by fossil-racer »
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Several locations named in this article

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/article_c76a8ba6-0596-11e5-a019-9f2010d243d6.html?mode=jqm

"Amazing Race Canada hits 5 locations in South Okanagan

JOE FRIES | Posted 3 hours ago

Five locations across the South Okanagan were visited earlier this week by cast and crew during filming of The Amazing Race Canada, the Herald has learned.

Sources confirmed the show stopped at the Summerland Waterfront Resort, D’Angelo Estate Winery in Naramata, Covert Farms near Oliver, the Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad and the nearby Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre.

The CTV program, now in its third season, sends two-person teams on a race around the country – and sometimes beyond – during which they complete a series of tasks. The last team to complete the tasks in each episode is usually eliminated, and the final duo standing at the end of the season is declared the winner.

Last season’s champions walked away with $250,000 cash, two Chevrolet pickup trucks, gasoline for life from Petro Canada, and a year’s worth of free travel on Air Canada.

During the show’s stop in this region, one of the tasks is believed to have involved wakeboarding on Okanagan Lake near the Summerland Waterfront Resort.

Dave Gottwald said it appeared the cast was filming B-roll when he caught a glimpse of the action on Sunday morning.

“It was kind of interesting, because besides the actual competition that they do, I think they do editing shots for dramatic purposes, so what I saw them doing I don’t think was for the actual completion,” he said.

“They had the competitor holding a GoPro (camera) on a selfie stick  and they were doing a lot of runs with that to get some footage,” said Gottwald, who created a stir after using his Valley Wide Exterior Enterprises account on Twitter to post a photo of the Amazing Race flag hanging from the Summerland hotel.

Upwards of 20 people from Naramata and 50 in total from the Okanagan were taken on as crew during the race’s visit here, according to Kurt Joudrey, who said he was hired by the show’s producers to look after transportation.

“They loved the crew here. I got a lot of compliments on the pairings of the drivers. All the executives I spoke with were just thrilled,” said Joudrey, who was reluctant to divulge more details due to a confidentiality agreement he was required to sign to work on the show.

Revealing locations or results of the competition “would obviously detract from the suspense of the show,” he explained.

Joudrey, who has experience in the film industry, allowed though that the race’s location managers “were quite pleased with everything we sorted out for them here.”

The new season of The Amazing Race Canada premieres July 8.

CTV spokesman Jim Quan said he was unable to confirm the show did indeed visit the South Okanagan and therefore couldn’t comment on when the episode that was shot here will air.

Kelowna was featured in the first episode of the first season of the show, hosted by former Olympian Jon Montgomery, in 2013."

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
There are A LOT more pics posted in the YVR Shoots article re: challenge at BC Place including the full expanse of the track rigging, and the same team slipping at least twice. http://yvrshoots.com/2015/05/shoot-amazing-race-canada-at-vancouvers-bc-place.html#.VWfkUs9Vikp

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think I may have found a hint to the location of the finish line :)

-------------

Last night, producer Mark Lysakowski posted this to his Instagram, showing a mountaintop view

https://instagram.com/p/3QCgEqNRWt/

-------------

And conveniently, right around the time they would have been finishing, Whistler Blackcomb's Twitter tweeted:

Whistler Blackcomb ‏@WhistlerBlckcmb 16h16 hours ago

#WBops - Franz Chair will be closing due to a mechanical issue, sorry for the inconvenience!

--------------

Putting 2 and 2 together, the finish line is somewhere up high. I'll study the map to find out where Franz Chair goes.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:03:53 AM by Maanca »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
This was tweeted late last night. There is a great pic of one of the Purple Jacket M/M on the link to her FB page.
Bayoush Mengesha ‏@bayoushdesigns 12:33 AM - 29 May 2015 (ET) 
Guys.... I saw the Amazing Race today in Whistler @amazingracecda #whistlerunfiltered #travel #amazingrace... http://fb.me/1o3SavfQr
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:43:25 AM by WindsorSue »

Offline trixie

• RFF Jr. Member

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Via FB:

I went down to watch the water surfing completion but it was delayed due to an injury to one of the competitors !! What fun to have this in Summerland !

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Earlier today, Etalk tweeted this teaser:

etalk ‏@etalkCTV  5h5 hours ago
On the edge waiting for @AmazingRaceCDA? The wait is over! Tonight on #etalk we introduce you to the first 3 teams!
 Devon Soltendieck

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Macau?

I think that's Devon not Jon??? It's not Vancouver, right? Santiago? Or the unknown leg?

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
"For the first time on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, teams will compete in a new challenge that could dramatically change their position in the race. The Face Off is a challenge where teams compete head-to-head. No team can move forward in the race until they've successfully won the challenge – by beating their opponent. The last team at the Face Off must wait out a pre-determined time penalty before moving on."

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
"For the first time on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, teams will compete in a new challenge that could dramatically change their position in the race. The Face Off is a challenge where teams compete head-to-head. No team can move forward in the race until they've successfully won the challenge – by beating their opponent. The last team at the Face Off must wait out a pre-determined time penalty before moving on."

It's the double battle from TAR Israel!
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Macau?

I think that's Devon not Jon??? It's not Vancouver, right? Santiago? Or the unknown leg?
yup it's Macau alright & I could identify the background of that picture.  The two bridges on the left are Ponte de Amizade and Macau-Taipa bridge but they'd went to that city before on 2nd season, right?

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Macau?

yup it's Macau alright & I could identify the background of that picture.  The two bridges on the left are Ponte de Amizade and Macau-Taipa bridge but they'd went to that city before on 2nd season, right?

Yes...not this season, sorry guys.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
There are 2 new "Meet the Teams" previews on the CTV site, that have some very, very quick shots of locations. Mostly Toronto, and the start line for Leg 2 (near the big red canoe) but also a few other places. Kristen tandem skydiving or paragliding over hilly terrain. I am going to try to do caps...I repeat, try, tonight. But if anyone else can beat me to it, that's okay.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:13:43 PM by WindsorSue »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
New previews showing locations. Screencap/dissect away!

https://twitter.com/mikebickerton/status/614181807513305088

Mike Bickerton
‏@mikebickerton

2 new promos for Season 3 of #AmazingRaceCanada. Meet the teams & get ready to Race July 8th!
http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/?videoid=642985 
http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/?videoid=642987

Edit: Darn, Sue beat me to it by like 2 minutes  :funny:

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
Is there a way for non-Canadians to watch the "meet the teams"?

Offline Youp

• RFF Not So Newbie
Is there a way for non-Canadians to watch the "meet the teams"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMNVg7ueJz4
Here is a Canada AM clip of meeting 3 of the teams.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like the Halifax Pit Stop may be the green roof of the Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market. The key to finding it being, of course, the wind turbine.

The look of the building, and the turbines (there's 4) match, but I couldn't find a good spot on Street View, too many roadside trees in the way, you can kinda see one from this spot.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.640273,-63.566862,3a,75y,33.84h,84.76t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9IhSahDI8r8HHslSVHNNwg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Here's what it looks like up there http://www.sabmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ha01.jpg

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I ran across a tweet from earlier today that had a picture I thought was interesting. It doesn't show any racing but it does show some of the equipment set up on a table and ready for use.

Olivia (Jenknee) ‏@Jennyvendiagram 11h11 hours ago
So my cousin is filming/directing The Amazing Race. Heres the gopro collection.... https://gyazo.com/0f9e2e181517f8a5d33679d15a2e94f4
7:21 AM - 7 Aug 2015

Olivia is from Ontario, so I'm assuming it's from TAR Canada. It could be another TAR version or even a local race. I could be wrong, but the background looks like it could be in a Canadian city. People are in jackets, so I expect it was from a few months ago. I haven't followed TAR Canada closely, so I don't know if they used go-pros or black helmets as is shown in the picture. Feel free to shed any further light on this if you can.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Oh no, TAR Canada's finished for this year. The season they just filmed is airing right now.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:43:56 PM by Maanca »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I know TAR Canada has finished filming some months back and is currently airing. I'm thinking this picture was taken months ago and was just uploaded now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARC3 filmed May 1-28, def could be cool enough for jackets then.

Also, do a count. There were 8 of everything.

Looking at when we still had eight teams...where were they?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARC3 filmed May 1-28, def could be cool enough for jackets then.

Also, do a count. There were 8 of everything.

Looking at when we still had eight teams...where were they?

There's 8 teams going into the next leg in Sudbury. Could have been there.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
That pic was from Quebec City & the bicycle pick up by the ferry to Levis. I recognized the bikepath & background buildings from when I was gathering info for Leg 1. They were set up just to the right in this pic, just next to the docks, where that ship is.