Author Topic: S30 Ep 10 "Bring the Popcorn"  (Read 16817 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S30 Ep 10 "Bring the Popcorn"
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2015, 12:45:09 PM »
The editors are totally holding Carolyn back. She has the idol. She flipped the game at the tribe swap. Shirin et al thought she was running the 4 person alliance. Carolyn has great one liners when we get them. Competitive older woman. She's a strong player and character.

How anyone can remotely like Mike is beyond me

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »
Have you missed pre-merge or something?

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2015, 12:57:28 PM »
I didn't even like him then

Offline JSM

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2015, 01:01:04 PM »
booby you are so misguided

mike cant help it he has gotten this edit either and they only show his "gamebot" confessionals
he was the only one to defend shirin when worst contestant ever attacked her when everyone was just sitting there. that alone showed me he has true heart... you might not like his overblown edit but you can deny he's a good guy.

as for carolyn, please name me one, so-called funny, one-liner she has produced. to me, she's just sucking the life out of this season with all her negative bull****..

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2015, 01:24:53 PM »
I agree Carolyn was the star in Ep 01, but then she went downhill (just as this season tbh).

For me, next episode could say: "The jury will become the F3, and the rest of you will now be the jury". I don't think many other things would save the season.

Shirin was hated in Ep 05 when tribes swapped, and she was close to leaving, but she has redeemed herself knowing who can make her stay for a while longer, and which moves are beneficial for her. I LOVED to death when she denied Will his letter cause obviously, is it a sacrifice for Will to leave an Immunity Challenge? He spoke as if he was going to win it single-handedly LMFAO, Will, have you seen your IC performances? I was dying.

Rodney just needs to chill. He has been driving the whole package since the merge. He has found a way to get F4 with all the ease of the world. And absent-minded people like Sierra and Dan don't really want to reckon they are left outside. REALLY? Mike heard everything he had to hear, but Mike was probably not persuasive enough.

Mike, he just put himself into that position. REALLY. Ruining that moment when everyone was going to read the letter, not convincing anyone? He just had to chill and talk to Sierra and Dan. NOT EXPLODE. Dan's three magic words: EXPLODERS NEVER WIN (Unless your name is Sandra).

Tyler is likeable, but I just get the feeling the 95% of screentime is Mike, Rodney, Shirin, Jenn... So hard to predict someone other than one of these will win.

I am really hoping for a power shift. I would only like if a White Collar won the season. And I don't see any of them receiving enough votes... -.-

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2015, 01:28:28 PM »
Carolyn is a great player, she delivered in the first episode and the swap, she has made alliances and is a bold woman. That's why I find her likeable - she is bold in what she does or says. By the way, she figured out at the merge that she had not to stay too close to Tyler, as pairs were being split up everytime one occured.
I can't remember exact qoutes of her, but I remember her funny confessionals about the nakedness in Masaya for example.
I really don't understand why her edit has been shut down ala Sherri. At least that woman seemed to have started riding coattails at the merge, Carolyn has still been playing and trying to put herself in a good spot.

A bit off topic, but who is that in your avatar, JSM? Is it Laura Boneham?

I didn't even like him then
Oh, that was directed to JSM talking about Carolyn. I didn't see your post then. ;)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2015, 02:29:04 PM »
booby you are so misguided

mike cant help it he has gotten this edit either and they only show his "gamebot" confessionals
he was the only one to defend shirin when worst contestant ever attacked her when everyone was just sitting there. that alone showed me he has true heart... you might not like his overblown edit but you can deny he's a good guy.

as for carolyn, please name me one, so-called funny, one-liner she has produced. to me, she's just sucking the life out of this season with all her negative bull****..

She is sucking the life out when we have Will,Rodney,Mike, & Sierra? Even Tyler hasn't gone beyond monotonous.

As for Shirin I wish she had just gotten voted out so we didn't have to watch everyone hate on her. I mean I totally feel her pain but after watching the first 5ish episodes she'd have driven me crazy..

And I guess since it's 35 mins of Mike this season he's probably one of the more likely to win unfortunately.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2015, 02:30:45 PM »
I also loved that Shirin denied W*ll getting his letter. I would love to see her win

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2015, 03:36:10 PM »
Last season I thought Jeremy or Josh was going to win due to edits and screentime, but they got blindsided. I wish the same would happen with Mike, because it would suck to have such an obvious winner ala Tony, but it might be a little too late for that to happen now :(

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »
Last season I thought Jeremy or Josh was going to win due to edits and screentime, but they got blindsided. I wish the same would happen with Mike, because it would suck to have such an obvious winner ala Tony, but it might be a little too late for that to happen now :(

Ikr! Like the only other person left that has a decent edit is Shirin. Who knows maybe someone is about to burst out of their shell. If Mike wins I'll be so disappointed with this season.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2015, 04:31:13 PM »
I'm not a fan of Shirin, but what Will said to her was completely uncalled for.  There is absolutely no justification for taking anything in a game to that personal level.  Even if I give him a little benefit of the doubt that he felt she was attacking him, he still took it to a whole different level and it was just cruel.  As someone who believes in treating everyone the way I want to be treated, I also believe that people treat me the way they want to be treated.  So, it was no surprise to me when Shirin was the sole vote to deprive Will of his letter.  After all, if you're nasty to me I can only presume that you want people to be nasty to you.  What bothered me about Shirin denying Will the letter was her explanation for it.  The "it's part of the game...." bit was a lame excuse when we all know the real reason why she did it.  I wish she had just stood up for herself and said something to the effect of "Every action has a reaction" or "what you put out into the universe comes back to you sometimes sooner than later."

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2015, 05:36:10 PM »
For me, this season became a piece of crap. Started out okay but then rotted to the core.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »
Worst season since Caramoan.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2015, 09:57:51 PM »
Am I the only one that actually liked this episode (with the exception of Jenn being booted)? I felt the drama of this episode was actually really good and I was so shocked with a lot of the things that happened and I honestly enjoyed the first 57 minutes until the vote was revealed. Yes the vote was terrible and the cast is looking sloppy but I am *hoping* that we will actually see a shift and see people actually wake up and play the game to win rather than picking off the minority. I am being very optimistic in hoping the last few episodes might save the season and hopefully we can see White Collar take control of the game rather than blue collar flops.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2015, 10:09:31 PM »
Am I the only one that actually liked this episode (with the exception of Jenn being booted)? I felt the drama of this episode was actually really good and I was so shocked with a lot of the things that happened and I honestly enjoyed the first 57 minutes until the vote was revealed. Yes the vote was terrible and the cast is looking sloppy but I am *hoping* that we will actually see a shift and see people actually wake up and play the game to win rather than picking off the minority. I am being very optimistic in hoping the last few episodes might save the season and hopefully we can see White Collar take control of the game rather than blue collar flops.

X

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2015, 02:30:29 AM »
The fact that Sierra is still here amazes me.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2015, 06:19:42 AM »
Hopefully next episode Carolyn & Tyler will work with Mike & Shirin to idol out Dan, fearing his double-vote.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2015, 08:19:29 AM »
The fact that Sierra, Dan, Will, Rodney is still here amazes me.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2015, 09:53:55 AM »
This was the best episode of the season in my opinion and I loved the editing!

The fact that Sierra is still here amazes me.
I'm more amazed by the fact that Dan, Will and Rodney are still there.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2015, 02:17:37 PM »

I didn't dislike it.  This whole season has been pretty meh for me to the point that I still can't remember half their names.  The drama probably would have made for a really good episode if it wasn't so personal and if it seemed like there was a chance that it would have made a change in the game.  Going into the vote I really didn't have the feeling that anyone other than Shirin or Jenn would be voted out, but I'm not even sure if having that sense that it could have been Carolyn would have made a difference.  Yes out of the people left I'd like to see her win, but I'm not invested in this season enough to actually care who wins.  It's odd because even in seasons where I don't care who wins, there are usually one or two people who I just don't want to see win.  Sure there are a couple that I dislike more than others, but I also don't get the feeling that they stand a chance of winning which brings me back to the whole season has just been meh.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2015, 03:29:19 PM »
I will really hate it if Mike wins, though.
Not because he's undeserving (I'd say he's one of maybe 4 people who would be fair if they won), but because the edit is so obvious. And it isn't a clear game like Redemption Island, where Rob was the only player and there was just nothing the editors could have done.
He's just getting too much airtime.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2015, 04:18:44 PM »
I think that's a good point, Marionete, Mike is getting major airtime.

However, there were plenty of folks in SJDS getting big edits (Misch? Keith-ish? Jeremy kinda?) and it was a major UTR win by Nat, who only started picking up confessionals a bit after the merge.

I think Rodney is getting a bit more air time, showing his more strategic side, I do think Ty/Caro would have to deliver big next episode in confessionals and strategy to be seen as winners...and that whole chapter with Sierra's potential flip on her tribe...surely there might be a hard reason for showing that and then her suddenly being silent?

This cast had a ton of potential overall...I'm still pissed Joaq, So, Max were out early - they would have added much more strategy out here than the "Blue-they, won't-they" alliance thing happening...
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2015, 04:56:21 PM »
Mike is getting constant airtime since episode 1. Last season they were big but not 35 minutes dedicated to 1 player.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2015, 06:53:57 PM »
I think the biggest problem I still have with this season is the most crucial part of Reality TV:
STORYLINE.

I love unpredictable Tribal Councils, but when the story narrative of the episode NEVER EVER matches the boot at Tribal, it's now just frustrating. =/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2015, 05:17:25 AM »
My pick to win has been Carolyn since Episode 1 after she blindsided So -.-