Author Topic: TAR Canada MEDIA  (Read 62047 times)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Re: TAR Canada MEDIA
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2017, 08:48:27 PM »
Map test?   :spy:

A Canada-shaped-Happy Birthday-cake-puzzle test???

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2017, 12:15:48 PM »
They're really pushing the former racers in the bonus clips this year. Steph & Kristen's "Backseat Driver" recap series with past teams from all seasons, the coincidental(?) meeting with Hal en route to Regina.

For those who can't see them, by the way, these were the teams featured (copied from Steph & Kristen's Wikia page). The rest were them alone.
-Episode 2: Brent & Sean (Season 3)
-Episode 3: Frankie & Amy (Season 4)
-Episode 5: Rex & Bob (Season 2)
-Episode 6: Hamilton & Michaelia (Season 3)
-Episode 8: Hal & Joanne (Season 1)
-Episode 10: Holly & Brett (Season 1)

If they have one more season in them, I'm sensing hints from this that we're quite possibly getting an All-Stars next to end it off. After 5 seasons, there's enough memorable teams to fill a cast IMO. Vietnam's 5th one was.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2017, 12:59:36 PM »
They're really pushing the former racers in the bonus clips this year. Steph & Kristen's "Backseat Driver" recap series with past teams from all seasons, the coincidental(?) meeting with Hal en route to Regina.

For those who can't see them, by the way, these were the teams featured (copied from Steph & Kristen's Wikia page). The rest were them alone.
-Episode 2: Brent & Sean (Season 3)
-Episode 3: Frankie & Amy (Season 4)
-Episode 5: Rex & Bob (Season 2)
-Episode 6: Hamilton & Michaelia (Season 3)
-Episode 8: Hal & Joanne (Season 1)
-Episode 10: Holly & Brett (Season 1)

If they have one more season in them, I'm sensing hints from this that we're quite possibly getting an All-Stars next to end it off. After 5 seasons, there's enough memorable teams to fill a cast IMO. Vietnam's 5th one was.

To end it off?  It really caught my eye. You mean to say that TARCAN is ending??  Please :dontgo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »
There is NO evidence that TARC is ending. Just like the US version renewals are given out by the Network in 1's or 2's.

We are confirmed thru 6. Just because there is not an ANNOUNCED renewal YET certainly doesn't mean there will not be one.

TARC often leads its time slot...I would be hugely shocked if this does not go on.

Quit with the doomsday faces. :funny:

And fwiw I don't think they'll do a returning season YET either. IMO.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2017, 07:02:08 PM »
There is NO evidence that TARC is ending. Just like the US version renewals are given out by the Network in 1's or 2's.

We are confirmed thru 6. Just because there is not an ANNOUNCED renewal YET certainly doesn't mean there will not be one.

TARC often leads its time slot...I would be hugely shocked if this does not go on.

Quit with the doomsday faces. :funny:

And fwiw I don't think they'll do a returning season YET either. IMO.

I don't think they would do a returnee/all-stars season this early either, but I know the success of BBCan's last two seasons may convince them otherwise. I just hope they go all out when they do decide on one. I've already got several teams I would like to see go head-to-head. LOL

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2017, 11:48:40 PM »
Oh yeah, one last post for this season :) Forgot to mention the life updates said in those Backseat Drivers segments, as I was updating "post-race" sections on their Wikia pages.

-Hamilton & Michaelia are married now
-Holly & Brett have their first child, Dylan
-Frankie & Amy are both now back to natural dark. And Frankie recently acquired an agent, she's getting into a television career.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2017, 10:01:40 PM »
last two paragraphs are an interesting read:

https://saultonline.com/2017/10/famtastic-year-for-travel-media-in-sault-ste-marie/

Visiting travel media typically cover attractions like the Agawa Canyon Tour Train, fishing in the St. Mary’s River and area lakes, local restaurants and museums, and hiking and driving along the shore of Lake Superior. “It’s our job to convince travel media to come here; once they arrive, they’re always amazed with the beauty of the region,” said Lindsey Ackland, Coordinator of Visitor & Media Relations. “We look forward to generating more FAM tours and welcoming new travel writers in the weeks and months to come.”

These promotional opportunities are created by attending media marketplace events and pitching the community. As one example, staff met producers of The Amazing Race Canada at a 2016 forum. After some detailed discussions, the show decided to film an episode in Sault Ste. Marie. Aired last month, the segment generated more than 1.5 million viewers and over $1.18 million of ad coverage for the city in the Ontario market alone.

Any idea of the event names? I remember seeing something last year - could even have been the one mentioned, but I can't remember.

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2017, 08:51:39 PM »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2018, 08:01:12 AM »
From the media release https://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/ctv-announces-heroic-2018-summer-schedule-anchored-by-highly-anticipated-first-ever-the-amazing-race-canada-heroes-edition-ctv-delivers-hollywood-star-power-this-summer-with-rachel-bilson-an/

"Hosted by Olympic Gold Medallist Jon Montgomery, the multiple Canadian Screen Award winner THE AMAZING RACE CANADA welcomes a new cast of racers to the Season 6  starting line, premiering Tuesday, July 3 at 8 p.m. ET / 9 p.m. MT on CTV and CTV GO, and delivers a new twist with first-ever THE AMAZING RACE CANADA: HEROES EDITION. Featuring teachers, first responders, parents, community leaders, mentors, athletes, and other everyday heroes with a story to tell, the most-watched Canadian program of the 2016-17 broadcast year follows 10 intrepid teams as they push themselves out of their comfort zones in a non-stop, action-packed adventure with the hopes of being the last team standing, in the biggest race this country has ever seen."

I wonder which team is the parent teams... maybe team #3 is a single-mom team? (or just moms lol they don't need to be single) Because all of the other potential couples (5/6/7/8) look quite young.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2018, 09:08:50 AM »
From the media release https://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/ctv-announces-heroic-2018-summer-schedule-anchored-by-highly-anticipated-first-ever-the-amazing-race-canada-heroes-edition-ctv-delivers-hollywood-star-power-this-summer-with-rachel-bilson-an/

"Hosted by Olympic Gold Medallist Jon Montgomery, the multiple Canadian Screen Award winner THE AMAZING RACE CANADA welcomes a new cast of racers to the Season 6  starting line, premiering Tuesday, July 3 at 8 p.m. ET / 9 p.m. MT on CTV and CTV GO, and delivers a new twist with first-ever THE AMAZING RACE CANADA: HEROES EDITION. Featuring teachers, first responders, parents, community leaders, mentors, athletes, and other everyday heroes with a story to tell, the most-watched Canadian program of the 2016-17 broadcast year follows 10 intrepid teams as they push themselves out of their comfort zones in a non-stop, action-packed adventure with the hopes of being the last team standing, in the biggest race this country has ever seen."

I wonder which team is the parent teams... maybe team #3 is a single-mom team? (or just moms lol they don't need to be single) Because all of the other potential couples (5/6/7/8) look quite young.

It does not say that the TEAM is parent-child...just that the racers include parents, right? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:45 AM »

It does not say that the TEAM is parent-child...just that the racers include parents, right? ???

Yes, that's what I understood, like both are parents as a couple, someone's parent (like maybe team 5/6/7) or as both racers are parents but not together (Could be team 1/3/4). I guess we will see!

and Peach, when can we expect the rest of the info for the Mexico Leg and the Finale? I can't wait to see what your team got!!! :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2018, 11:58:09 AM »
Sorry but real life has slowed me down. Hope maybe by the weekend!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »

They could double up. Teams could be teachers and parents right?
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2018, 12:13:25 PM »
On the bottom of the team pages, the new sponsors this year are

Alcon Dailies - A contact lens maker. How would that fit into a product placement task?
Dempster's Bakery

And Woods is back from last year.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2018, 09:57:41 AM »
Cast photo

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2018, 10:05:53 AM »
Such a diverse cast.  :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:14 AM »
Love this cast.

But that is one depressing looking picture!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2018, 04:20:41 PM »
Hosted by Olympic Gold Medalist Jon Montgomery (@jonmonty), Season 6 will see racers travel across Canada and beyond, tackling intense challenges in the country's favourite summertime adventure. The winners of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA: HEROES EDITION will each take home the All-New 2018 Chevrolet Traverse Redline, a once in a lifetime trip for two around the world, $250,000 in cash, and the coveted title of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA champions.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/meettheracers-all-10-teams-now-revealed-for-season-6-of-ctvs-highly-anticipated-and-first-ever-the-amazing-race-canada-heroes-edition-premiering-july-3-685570001.html
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2018, 02:15:26 PM »
We have a title! It's showed up at last.

Ep 1 - Just a Beaver Hero

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2018, 11:08:47 AM »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2018, 11:11:00 AM »
On Friday, like Sue said it would :lol:

That's definitely worth getting caps of.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:14:27 AM by Maanca »

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »
OMG I know some of those places - Squamish, Sea to Sky Gondola, Britannia Mines and more

1) The ferry dock is at Darrell Bay, just South of the Sea to Sky Gondola
2) the Gondola, just south of Squamish
3) Britannia Mines

The aerial shot is between Britannia and Sea to Sky Gondola.
The snowy trail shots the top of the Gondola.
The logger sports are at the Squamish Al McIntosh Loggers Sports Grounds.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 12:26:35 PM by Linda BC2 »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »
There's the Facebook preview AND a roadblock preview on the show site. I am working on it. Will post asap.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2018, 01:09:15 PM »
Re: Reply #149 from WindsorSue

The FB one's the same as on Twitter; as for the RB promo, it had no BGM.

Shout-out to the Hockey Queen herself Meaghan Mikkelson-Reid for deigning to proctor these upcoming peasants!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:39:51 PM by WindsorSue »