Author Topic: TAR Canada MEDIA  (Read 62045 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada MEDIA
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2017, 07:16:50 PM »
It'd have to have a subtitle like "The Amazing Race Canada: World Tour" for the xenophobic casuals :P

They did a live Q&A chat last week with Jon. Several comments were along the lines of "why go anywhere else? Big beautiful amazing diverse country, it's the title, yada..."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 07:24:25 PM by Maanca »

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2017, 07:56:47 PM »
“The thing about Canada is that there are so many cool things that are going on, and I’m always on the lookout for new things to do and new places to go, and new things to see. And that to me is the best part of this show — discovering Canada.”

Yes because The Amazing Race is all about staying in familiar territory :res:

Can you point where it says the Amazing Race is not about staying in familiar territory?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2017, 08:07:38 PM »
“The thing about Canada is that there are so many cool things that are going on, and I’m always on the lookout for new things to do and new places to go, and new things to see. And that to me is the best part of this show — discovering Canada.”

Can you point where it says the Amazing Race is not about staying in familiar territory?

Because of the implication of "the best part of this show - discovering Canada" being relatively problematic when the very ESSENCE of this franchise is "Teams of Two race around the world"?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:11:15 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »
Yeah in the season 1 final leg they took out a decoy filming permit at Toronto city hall.

That's basicalsignaturesame as what Phil once said, in different words. That quote that used to be Peach's signature

"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."  --Phil Keoghan  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2017, 05:17:09 PM »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2017, 05:36:56 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=697704767082413&id=141455796040649

Leg 1 has a Detour for the first time.

"Pedal" (with East Van Cycle Polo Club) or Paddle" (dragon boats on False Creek)

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »
This leg is stacked, sl challenge, rb, detour...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2017, 10:54:37 AM »
Episode 3 title is "It's Like Ducks In the Forest"

kaedav9

« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2017, 12:02:13 PM »

Because of the implication of "the best part of this show - discovering Canada" being relatively problematic when the very ESSENCE of this franchise is "Teams of Two race around the world"?

Listen, i have been all over canada and it is awesome!!! I rather watch TAR Canada that stays in Canada than TAR US going around the world. I LOVE the TAR Canada format! I can't wait to c this show in Season 30 still going around Canada. Canada is a beautiful and awesome country! It's the best! I can name 20+ destinations in Canada worthy of a visit in TAR Canada

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2017, 12:31:02 PM »
Episode 3 title is "It's Like Ducks In the Forest"

Finally!! Thanks so much Maanca!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2017, 11:14:01 AM »
Anyone have EP 4 Title? ???

Is this it? :funny:

This Is a Butt Workout
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2017, 01:49:03 PM »
BEIJING — One cannot, to debunk a popular myth, see the Great Wall of China from space.

"We looked for it," says retired International Space Station commander Chris Hadfield. "It's the same colours as its surroundings.

"It's almost beautifully camouflaged."

The Great Wall can, however, be seen on Tuesday's episode of "The Amazing Race Canada" on CTV.

"It was always on our radar," says Insight Productions chief and executive producer John Brunton. Finally, in season 5, the dream to visit this "wonder of the world" has become a reality.

Not that there weren't challenges, says Brunton, who always travels with the teams competing from across Canada as well as a small army of camera operators, sound engineers and other crew members.

"We started thinking about how we could logistically go to different places," says Brunton while being interviewed at the ancient and picturesque Juyongguan section of the Great Wall, about 60 kilometres from downtown Beijing.

"Then, having made this plan months ago, things started to heat up on the South China Seas."

The actual race was filmed last May, just as U.S. President Donald Trump was threatening a military response to North Korean long-range ballistic missile tests. The distance from Beijing to the North Korean capital of Pyongyang is just over 800 kilometres — roughly the equivalent of Toronto to Quebec City.

Brunton says Chinese officials started getting concerned about people entering the country, "particularly with a couple of tons of equipment and a whole bunch of boxes that have to be accounted for."

Everything brought in had to be taken out, Brunton adds. The producer had to post a $300,000 bond to assure Chinese officials nothing would be left behind.

Political unrest is a constant roadblock on overseas legs of "The Amazing Race Canada." Plans to visit Kenya this season were scrapped after risks on the way to safari locations were assessed.

"It's a little bit trickier in some countries than it used to be," says Brunton, "and that's a constantly shifting situation."

Teams competing this year were thrilled to make it to the historic wall, even if they only caught a fleeting glimpse.

"From what we could see it was obviously gorgeous," says Ryan Lachapelle, who teamed with Collingwood, Ont., pal Kenneth McAlpine as the always positive pair known as "Team Give'r."

As viewers will see Tuesday, teams were given a tour guide task to perform at the wall, challenging them to speak a few languages. Then it was quickly on to the next challenge.

"This is a race," says McAlpine. "You have to embrace where you are, but if you stop and stare at the sights too long, teams will pass you by and you could be at the tail end of the pack."

The other challenge for teams running through Beijing: pollution. Montreal siblings Andrea and Adam Cavaleri were shocked at the air quality.

"It's the first thing we noticed," says Andrea. The fact the series took them directly from the pristine mountains and fresh air of B.C., she adds, only made the contrast worse.

Another complication during the Beijing leg of the race: sandstorms.

"They said the air quality was five times worse than normal when we were there," says Toronto's Sam Lambert, running with partner Paul Mitskopoulos. "You'd walk outside the hotel and breathe in the air and think: this is far from refreshing."

Edmonton husband and wife Karen and Bert Richards also choked on the air but praised the streets of downtown Beijing as virtually litter-free.

"The sky is so polluted but the ground is so pristine," says Bert.

Racers visited other venues in Beijing including a stop at the National Olympic Sports Centre, a Chinese herbal medicine shop, and the local Canadian Embassy, one of Canada's largest in the world. There they witnessed — what else? — a ball hockey game.

By the time season 5 is over, the finalists will have raced over 50,000 kilometres from start to finish.

"The Amazing Race Canada" returned for a fifth season earlier this month and the debut was by far the most-watched show of the summer. The first episode drew 1,888,000 viewers, according to ratings gatherer Numeris.

— Bill Brioux is a freelance TV columnist based in Brampton, Ont. While in Beijing, Brioux was a guest of CTV.

http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/amazing-race-canada-goes-on-the-road-to-china-1.21279484
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2017, 01:54:30 PM »
:torche Kenya. Would have been the first leg there ever ?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2017, 02:06:10 PM »
We were originally going to get their first African country? Aw :'(

And nope Leafs. Kenya was in US Season 5
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:10:56 PM by Maanca »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2017, 07:03:51 PM »
KENYA SCAPPED!!!!  :( :'(

No, no, no! We still need a leg there!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2017, 08:33:52 PM »
That must mean
Show content
Panama
was a substitute for it. Sounds like he had China and the Great Wall planned all along.

Thought something felt off about that choice for a country.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:39:39 PM by Maanca »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2017, 10:02:27 AM »
Kenya! wow, that would have been a sight to see. Kenya has not had a proper visit in the US Version

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2017, 01:32:37 AM »
That must mean
Show content
Panama
was a substitute for it. Sounds like he had China and the Great Wall planned all along.

Thought something felt off about that choice for a country.

Wait is
Show content
Panama
an alternate choice for the scrapped Kenya leg?

Turkey and Japan were originally to be visited in TAR US 5, but due to safety and political concerns, all of those countries were replaced.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2017, 08:45:45 AM »
Lets take this to spec/discussion please, this is Media. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:50:26 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2017, 05:19:53 PM »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »
^ Personally in the process of doing that right now, sorry to say I probably won't be able to help update episode 6 on Tuesday if needed.

The monthly cost has gotten ridiculous, and CRTC basically lets them get away with it.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2017, 11:15:39 PM »
Episode 9 is "It's Like Finding Waldo In a Bunch of Waldos"

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2017, 06:07:22 PM »
Viewers can also look forward to the Season 5 finale of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, airing Tuesday, Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO, followed by the live, one-hour after-show special, AFTER THE RACE, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/ctv-and-ctv-two-fall-2017-premiere-dates-announced-641676893.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2017, 01:10:10 PM »
Anyone seen the EP 10 title? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2017, 07:46:57 PM »
Episode 11 Finale Title: "Canada's Coming Together Like a Piece of Cake" per http://www.bierdopje.com/shows/the-amazing-race-canada/episode/S05E11
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:40:27 PM by WindsorSue »