Author Topic: TAR Canada MEDIA  (Read 62044 times)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada MEDIA
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2016, 12:35:24 PM »
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:46:20 PM by fossil-racer »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 08:21:33 AM »
Here's an audio interview with Mike Bickerton, the casting director for Amazing Race Canada. It's 20 minutes long and I haven't listened to it yet, so I have no idea what is discussed.

https://soundcloud.com/waynthurson/sets/amazing-race-canada-with-gord

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 09:01:13 AM »
Here's an audio interview with Mike Bickerton, the casting director for Amazing Race Canada. It's 20 minutes long and I haven't listened to it yet, so I have no idea what is discussed.

https://soundcloud.com/waynthurson/sets/amazing-race-canada-with-gord

Spoiler free, but a fun listen!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 08:12:55 PM »
Given that the cast/preview videos are geoblocked, can someone help me (and the other non-Canadians) find another way to watch the videos.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2016, 08:16:35 PM »
Given that the cast/preview videos are geoblocked, can someone help me (and the other non-Canadians) find another way to watch the videos.
https://twitter.com/AmazingRaceCDA/status/746356106276929536?lang=en
Try this

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2016, 06:41:20 PM »
This was in our paper today.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslife/1375227-a-look-at-this-years-amazing-race-canada-contestants

A look at this year's 'Amazing Race Canada' contestants

"I can't believe we're gearing up for a fourth season," says "The Amazing Race Canada" host Jon Montgomery. "If you ever want to have your year fly by, do something that's intense for one month of the year."

One month is how long the former Olympic skeleton champion, as well as the 10 new two-person teams, spent racing around Canada and exotic locations around the world to shoot what's been the most-watched show in Canada over the past three summers.

"The Amazing Race Canada" returns Tuesday on CTV.

Montgomery says his life has definitely changed since he became the host of the series following his Vancouver Olympics triumph.

"I'd say people recognize me more now from hosting the show than for what happened in 2010," he says. It has led to an inspirational-speaking career for the 37-year-old Manitoba-native. He and his wife Darla —also a skeleton athlete — are expecting their first child later this summer.

Executive producer John Brunton praises Montgomery as someone who "defines what our DNA is of the show. You can throw Jon into any situation, he will do anything — jump off bridges, do all this stuff and have a fun time doing it."

Brunton and the other producers look for the same qualities in the people they cast to race in the series.

"Are they root-able?" is Brunton's No. 1 objective. "It's a hero show and you want to be able to root for the people."

His other mantra is "shy doesn't work well on a show like this." Shy would not describe any of the ten new couples who will line up at the starting line, with more women than men in on this year's race. They'll vie for nearly a half million dollars in cash and prizes, with $250,000 going to the winning team. Here's a look at the competitors:

— Kelly Xu and Kate Pan, both 25. The Toronto-based fitness entrepreneurs are the first Asian women's team to run on "The Amazing Race Canada." Both born in China, the peppy business partners call each other "sisters from another mother."

— Rita Yakibonge and Yvette Yakibonge, both 23. These twins come from a large family that hails from the Congo. Born in Montreal and raised in Edmonton, the boisterous Service Canada agents are looking to help their single mom as well as pay off their student loans.

— Jillian MacLaughlin, 30, and Emmett Blois, 28. These two highly competitive Nova Scotia natives met three years ago in the "Big Brother Canada" house. Jillian was the season 1 winner. They used to date each other, but now they're just committed to one thing: winning "The Amazing Race Canada."

— Julie Taylor, 33, and Lowell Taylor, 34. One's a psychologist, the other is a speech pathologist. What sets this likable couple from Lethbridge, Alta., apart is that Lowell is legally blind. His decreasing vision has not stopped him from training for the Rio 2016 Summer Paralympic Games.

— Frankie Gassler, 41, and Amy Gassler, 25. This mother/daughter duo from Aldergrove, B.C., are like the Gilmore Girls plus peroxide. Frankie was just 15 when she became pregnant with Amy. Both in the hair-care business, the two could pass as sisters with Amy really the more grounded of the two.

— Anne Morrone and Tanya Muzzatti, both 40. These peppy single moms from Woodbridge, Ont., have known each other since they were five. Lifelong friends, they've had each other's backs through divorces, deaths and financial hardships. Armed with lucky charms, they want to win for all the moms.

— Stephane Tetreault, 51, and Antoine Tetreault, 25. This father/son team from St. Hubert, Que., had their own personal speed bump to get past when Antoine came out to his family. Now dad is Antoine's greatest supporter. Super competitive, they admit they argue about everything.

— Anthony Limbombe, 21, and Brandon Campeau, 21. These two friends met while working together at a restaurant. Limbombe hails from Windsor, Ont., Campeau from nearby La Salle. Both are well travelled, love sports and music and hate to lose.

— Steph Leclair, 27, and Kristen Mckenzie, 25. These softball stars played for Team Canada. After a long-distance relationship, they've teamed up in Toronto. Both hope to win so they can buy some property together.

— Joel Ground, 42, and Ashley Callingbull, 26. This Cree father/daughter team hail from Enoch, Alta. An actress and activist, Ashley is the reigning Mrs. Universe and can be seen on "Blackstone." Stepdad Joel is an auto mechanic. Both are passionate about First Nation causes.

— Bill Brioux is a freelance TV columnist based in Brampton, Ont.

Bill Brioux, The Canadian Press

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »
Is there a title for this week?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2016, 07:00:18 PM »
Episode 3? Can't find it yet.

Episode 2 we got. "Deal Guys? Deal! Deal!"

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2016, 06:22:24 PM »
I checked again, Peach, and here is Episode 3's title for ya :)

"Toads! Are You Kidding Me?

Teams race to Mekong where they're hit with culture shock and the heat."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2016, 12:22:53 PM »
Thanks Maanca!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2016, 05:15:02 AM »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2016, 08:31:01 PM »
I noticed this on Twitter after a couple racers Liked it.

https://twitter.com/mikebickerton/status/752529340617940993

Starting my final week on #AmazingRaceCanada - excited to wrap up my episodes. Looking ahead to next week and starting #RHOToronto!

Mike is one of the producers/casting director (so the one responsible for many of the teams we've gotten these past 4 seasons). That will be a loss if a season 5 is greenlighted next year :(

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2016, 09:21:58 PM »

Starting my final week on #AmazingRaceCanada - excited to wrap up my episodes. Looking ahead to next week and starting #RHOToronto!

Mike is one of the producers/casting director (so the one responsible for many of the teams we've gotten these past 4 seasons). That will be a loss if a season 5 is greenlighted next year :(

He clarified that tweet by saying if there is a S5, he'll be there.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »
I see on the guide that special episode is only half an hour

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2016, 07:47:07 PM »

He clarified that tweet by saying if there is a S5, he'll be there.

He was involved with RHO Vancouver back in 2012.No reason why he can't do both right? Esp with TARC a once a year show.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2016, 04:20:03 PM »
Episode 9 title is "For Those About to Rock"

I saw it on Wikipedia.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2016, 04:29:31 PM »
Episode 9 title is "For Those About to Rock"

I saw it on Wikipedia.

Yup.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2016, 12:46:35 AM »
Episode Ten AND Eleven.

Via thetvdb.com:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2016, 04:18:16 PM »
Confirmed, they will cross the finish line on September 13th, and they just announced once again there will be a cast reunion aftershow!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2016, 07:06:33 PM »
Yep.  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2016, 02:53:16 PM »
Looks like Campbell Canada has become a sponsor of the race.

http://chunkyamazingescape.com
What is the point of running this promotion now? The show is not on and will not be on for a long time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2016, 08:34:12 PM »
Looks like Campbell Canada has become a sponsor of the race.

http://chunkyamazingescape.com
What is the point of running this promotion now? The show is not on and will not be on for a long time.

Advertising. Keeps things on our minds. Good publicity.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2016, 10:44:40 PM »
Mike Bickerton ‏@mikebickerton  13h13 hours ago Toronto, Ontario
BOLD PUBLIC STATEMENT: I am excited to meet our SK #AmazingRaceCanada teams this yr.
Like ACTUALLY. This tweet not paid for by @Saskatchewan

At least 2 teams from Saskatchewan maybe???

I think he means auditions... like maybe they got some good auditions from saskatchewan... I mean the deadline is not even passed yet. My guess is that by the end of next week, they will move teams to round 2