Big Brother Canada > Big Brother Canada Discussion

BBCAN3: Patricia “Risha” Denner

(1/1)

Leafsfan.:

Patricia “Risha” Denner
At 41 years old and standing 6‟1”, this sensitive, statuesque beauty from Toronto is the complete package.

Hometown: Toronto, ON
Describe yourself in three words: Independent. Sensitive. Fun.

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
I really don’t have anything defined at this point but I definitely have opinions about how people have competed on the show before me and what mistakes they made. I know what NOT to do. The people who go in with a set strategy are not realizing that there are other people in the house who are going to throw a wrench in to their plans. You have to adjust to your environment. Also, I’m tall (6’1) and I know that might be intimidating to people so I’ll be sure to show people my nurturing and caring side – I’ll play the big sister.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
I would bring my cat (Lily). No matter what’s going on, I’m always comforted by her. She’s my fur baby and she always wants to snuggle.s person. I plan to be nice to everyone – you want people to like you, right?

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
Neither. I played sports growing up. I think I’ll be OK even for the endurance challenges. My only fear is heights – that’s God’s ironic joke on me. The mental challenges won’t be a problem either. I was in the hospitality industry for years. I have had to deal with my fair share of difficult people and mind games.

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
I want to travel the world but in a volunteer capacity. I also want to put money into an account for my niece so she can go to school or travel. Something that will give her a launching pad in life.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
Emmett (BBCAN1). He competed so well. He’s genuinely such a good person. He’s so classy. He didn’t talk badly about people and he was such a good listener. He was just an all-around good player.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
I feel very blessed to be here. Living in Canada, you have so many more freedoms and rights than anywhere else in the world; especially as a woman. We have access to education and health care. You turn on the tap on there’s water. We are so lucky to have basic amenities. I mean come on, what am I supposed to say, “maple syrup?!” Ha!

Leafsfan.:
https://www.youtube.com/v/1dway0RaYJg

Source: User sabrina on youtube

Leafsfan.:
‘Big Brother Canada 3′ pre-game exclusive: Risha Denner looks to run this game
There are a million different reasons that you can target someone on “Big Brother Canada.” You can go after them for their strategy, their challenge ability, or even differences in personality. Sometimes, those can be brought up by political beliefs, age, or a variety of different factors.

Ultimately, there’s a heck of a lot that could go wrong for Risha Denner this season, given that she is a very opinionated person who also has a pretty imposing vibe to her. You’ll see some of that just by looking at her responses to us when we spoke to her via phone earlier this week. (Just a reminder: No information about the players was released at the time of the interview, so we did not know anything about her at all going into this.) The questions are all more or less the same for the sake of fairness. You can look below for our overall impressions on Risha as a player, or click here to see every other houseguest interview that we have done for the season. There are many contestants! Let’s just say that quite a bit of midnight oil was burned the past few days preparing for these.

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.
I have worked in the restaurant business for almost 20 years.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?
I am a huge fan! I started watching US way back, and ever since [the start] of ‘Big Brother Canada,’ I’ve wanted to go on the show. This is an absolute dream come true for me.

If you could compare yourself to someone from either BB Canada or BB USA, who would it be?
There are players that I really admire and I love how they played their game. I am a huge Janelle fan, and I also love Emmett from ‘Big Brother Canada,’ but comparatively speaking, I don’t think that there is really anyone like me, and I don’t really want to be compared to anyone because I just want to be Risha.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?
I’m really tall. I’m 6’1”, I’m blonde, and I have blue eyes. I can be really confident when I present myself, and I’m also very assertive and speak my mind. At the same time I’m very sensitive and a very emotional person. I think things to heart, and people don’t often see that about me. I think when people see me on the show, they are going to see a more sensitive side of me.

What’s your basic strategy going into the house?
Being 41, I’m probably going to be one of the older players. I’m going to use that to my advantage. I am a very nurturing person by nature. A lot of my friends are younger than me and come to me for advice and for my opinion. I’m going to be the big sister in the ‘Big Brother’ house.

Is there any one thing you are the most excited to do this season?
Absolutely! Walk through that front door. I can’t wait to see how they’ve decorated this year, and I really cannot wait to see how they’ve decorated the house.

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?
I think it might be a combination of things, like being sensitive may play against me in certain situations. I can also be very trusting in certain situations. Again, I think my age thing is my biggest weakness that I’m going to try to make my advantage. I think some people are always worried about someone who comes in and is older and smarter. I think that might be seen as a real threat.

What are hoping to get out of the show: Money, fame, love, or just a good time?
I’m certainly not going for the fame, but I’m really just looking forward to the game after watching it for so many years. I really just want to go in the house and try to win.

If there is one message you would pass along to the Canadian public before entering the game, what would it be?
I think this season is going to be a great season to watch, and I’m hoping that this is the best season to date!

Overall impression - Risha has a lot to overcome: She is the oldest woman in the house (even though 41 isn’t old at all), and she is probably going to come across as intimidating. There’s no way for her to escape having a target on her. It wouldn’t shock us if she’s gone early, mostly because we’re not sure we see her being able to handle tough situations in the way that you need to in order to do well at this game. Personally, we’d love it if she becomes an ice-cold female villain.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/157541/big-brother-canada-3-pre-game-exclusive-risha-denner-looks-to-run-this-game/

Leafsfan.:
https://www.youtube.com/v/cbCmQVN4FDs

Source: Big Brother Daily on Youtube

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version