Author Topic: BBCAN3: Willow MacDonald  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BBCAN3: Willow MacDonald
« on: March 18, 2015, 11:32:45 PM »

Willow MacDonald
This Nova Scotia-born tomboy recently moved to Calgary for work, fun, and plenty of adventure.

Hometown: Lower Sackville, N.S.
Describe yourself in three words: Energetic. Spontaneous. Impulsive.

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
I do! My strategy is to make the houseguests believe that I have no strategy at all. They’ll think I’m just an outgoing and excited person living in the house and flying by the seat of her pants. Really though, I’m a super fan and I’ve been watching since I was 16 years old. I’m going to be in there analyzing every person constantly. I’ll try to align myself with the intelligent people and probably the ones that are a bit more calm and cool. Those people will help offset my wild and impulsive nature and I know I’ll need that. Two Willows in the house would be deadly!

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
I would take my cat, Nala. Animals bring a sense of happiness to life. And if anyone in the house is allergic to her or doesn’t like her, well, then they’d be the first to be voted out! I also think that animals bring out people’s true colours and are a good judge of character. If an animal likes you, it probably means that you have a good personality.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
Mental, 100 per cent, because I’m impulsive and being quick means you’ll mess up. I’m also mildly dyslexic and not really the best at puzzles. I went out and bought myself some puzzles to prepare and I’ve finished two…well, kind of finished. There were leftover pieces but I knew what it was supposed to be! You get the idea.

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
OMG. I would spend it on my siblings – I have five sisters and one brother. I would travel too. It sounds crazy but honestly, I would go to Disneyland because I’ve never been!

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
Jillan (BBCAN1) is my favourite. She’s from Nova Scotia, just like me, and she’s a girl. It’s hard to be a woman in the house and she killed it. Being a girl, you’re left out of the big guy alliances and the girls gang up on you. So both sexes are against you. If anyone is going to be underestimated in the house, it’s the woman. But I’m going to try to use that to my advantage.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
The people 100%! The accents are amazing. Everyone is so friendly, outgoing and easy going. People in Canada love to tell jokes too! Canadian people never want to ruin the fun!

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BBCAN3: Willow MacDonald
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 11:34:34 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ycpc5d2uRq8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ycpc5d2uRq8</a>

Source: User sabrina on youtube

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 3′ pre-game exclusive: Can Willow MacDonald be a triple-threat?

When we conducted the “Big Brother Canada 3” pre-game interviews earlier this week (prior to when the cast was announced on “ET Canada,” or even before we saw them since we did this over the phone), there were a number of different standouts. There were people who came across as real players, as big personalities, or as people who were just happy to be there.

Based on our time talking with Willow MacDonald (we’ll have more impressions overall at the bottom of the article), she feels like she could be a contender! She was intelligent about the game, she had a very smart strategic plan, and it seems like she is probably going to give good Diary Room sessions. There are a couple of potential problems we see her having, but as a whole we genuinely think that she could be someone Canada really wants to root for. She also seems more like a person who you would actually meet on the street and talk with than some others this season.

CarterMatt – Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.
My name’s Willow MacDonald, I’m originally from Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia but I now live in Calgary, Alberta, I’m 26, and I’m a sales rep.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?
I tried out last year, too. I am a HUGE superfan. I’ve watched since I was ten years old, and I always told myself ‘I can get on the show. I can do this. This is made for me.’ I was either going to be an American citizen and go on the American one (laughs), or now that ‘Big Brother Canada’ is here, I knew I was going to get on this show. I tried out last year and made the semifinals, but this year I got here!

If you could compare yourself to someone from either BB Canada or BB USA, who would it be?
Okay, I would compare myself to either Jillian from ‘Big Brother Canada’ or Janelle, because I really want to go out there, win competitions, and give it my all. I [want to be] a big physical threat [among the women]. Then obviously a little like Britney [Haynes], because I’m a little sarcastic and I like to have fun. I like to make fun of people a little bit! Then also maybe people like Howie or Gary, you know what I mean? Be myself and never be bored; keep everyone on their toes. I don’t like to sit back and watch things; I like to be in the middle of everything.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?
I think what would surprise people is that I made it into the ‘Big Brother’ house, and nobody thought I could do it, and that I also am a very serious person. I work very hard, I have a university degree, and I take my job very seriously. Even though I am goofy, nutty, and crazy, I can be very serious.

What’s your basic strategy going into the house?
My strategy is to make the houseguests think I have no strategy at all. I can be very goofy, wacky, and crazy, and it’s hard to see where I’m at. I want them to think that I don’t know what’s going on, that I’m there for the experience, when every day I’m going to be planning my days out, figuring out which competitions I’m going to win, how I’m going to be using the Veto, who I want to put my trust in, who I’m targeting.

Is there any one thing you are the most excited to do this season?
I’m so excited to finally taste slop, because I totally think I can do it! I don’t think it’s that bad. I can’t wait to put the Veto around my neck, see my picture on the wall, get my HoH letter, sleep in the HoH bed. The whole ‘Big Brother’ experience!

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?
It definitely could be my personality. I’m definitely a lot to handle. Some people think I’m kind of annoying or that I can push buttons.

What are hoping to get out of the show: Money, fame, love, or just a good time?
I want to say all of the above! My dream is to fall in love in the ‘Big Brother’ house, obviously I want to come home with the $100,000, and the fame! I’m a big superfan! I want the fans to obviously love me too. It’d be great to make some friends, too, so I want all of it.

If there is one message you would pass along to the Canadian public before entering the game, what would it be?
I’m going to make you so proud, Canada!

Our overall impression - Willow could do really great at this! She has most of the attributes needed to be a force to be reckoned with. We don’t really want to hear people compare themselves to Jillian or Janelle, mostly because winning a lot of competitions is a harder road to the final two; however, we also think that there are so many other physical threats that she probably won’t win them all anyway. As for her dream of finding love in the house … let’s hope she forgets about that quickly. We put in the title that she is a triple-threat since she could have a good challenge game, social game, and strategic game if she lives up to the hype.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/157504/big-brother-canada-3-pre-game-exclusive-can-willow-macdonald-be-a-triple-threat/

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:30:38 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9EPoD3-BN3U" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9EPoD3-BN3U</a>

Source: Big Brother Daily on Youtube