Author Topic: BBCAN3: Johnny Colatruglio  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BBCAN3: Johnny Colatruglio
« on: March 18, 2015, 11:50:09 PM »

Johnny Colatruglio
A boy-crazy, attention-loving, 26 year-old superfan from Winnipeg with a dog named Veto.

Hometown: Winnipeg, MB
Describe yourself in three words: Crazy. Outgoing. Funny.

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
I’m a huge superfan, so I know not to go into the Big Brother Canada house with any pre-conceived plans. That is crazy. Big Brother will throw twists and wild cards and you also don’t know who the houseguests are. It’ll really be hard to say until I’m in there. My bigger plan is to get to know people on personal level; to find out what makes them tick. The last thing I want to do is rub people the wrong way.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
My cell phone with internet access and unlimited data. That’s the hardest thing to give up. Especially during Big Brother Canada! I’m obsessed with the show. I love the 24/7 aspect to it. I watch the live feeds all the time and follow social media and I read all of the blogs! My phone is glued to me! I’m going to miss that. Oh! And I would love to bring in my dog. He’s 8 months old and I named him Veto. He watches Big Brother with me and he’s sooooo cute.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
I don’t know that there is anything I fear. Being a superfan, I really have an idea of the kinds of challenges Big Brother will throw at us. I know that I’d be good at the mental challenges for sure. I’ve trained for the physical challenges and I’m a very competitive person. I know that I have to be careful because I don’t want to be a target right off the top. There really is nothing that scares me about this because I know that I’m willing to do whatever it takes to win Big Brother Canada! I’d shave my head and run around naked. I have to play hard no matter what!

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
I know that this will sound boring but I’d pay off my car and put some money towards my mortgage. I’d also travel and go somewhere hot! I’ve been in Winnipeg all winter!

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
That’s a tough one. I would say Neda (BBCAN2). She played a great game. It was slightly flawed because Jon (BBCAN2) cut her before she could cut him. She orchestrated bigger moves and exits than anyone else in the house. She did super fans out there justice. She said she was a fan and competed like a true fan should.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
People here are so friendly. No matter where I’ve been in the world, no other people compare to Canadians. People here are always saying hello, smiling, and wishing you a good day.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BBCAN3: Johnny Colatruglio
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 11:50:45 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6sdmVtW4r6g" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6sdmVtW4r6g</a>

Source: User sabrina on youtube

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 05:31:55 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 3′ pre-game exclusive: Is Johnny Colatruglio the ultimate superfan?

For everyone who wishes that “Big Brother” and “Big Brother Canada” would cast more longtime fans, we feel like season 3 of the Canadian season is going to mostly satisfy you. While there are some people aboard this season with more limited knowledge of the game, we have a ton of people who have been watching since the early days of the show in America. Here, we have one of the contenders for the biggest fan of the season in Johnny Colatruglio.

There are a variety of different superfan-types here, and based on our phone interview earlier this week (which was before any information about the cast was out there), he felt like a player who was going to try very hard, but was not going to be an enormous gamebot of any sort. He is the sort of guy who will jump up and down with glee over seeing Marsha the Moose, and will try to get everyone around him to appreciate every second of the game. He will be cutthroat when he needs to, but we don’t think that he will be a villain in the slightest. Ultimately, we have someone here who should be fun to watch. (Click here to see all of our other pre-game interviews with all of the hosueguests!)

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.
I am Johnny, I am 26 years old from Winnipeg, Manitoba, and I am an IT project manager.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?
I am a huge ‘Big Brother’ superfan, like the biggest superfan ever! I’ve watched every season of the US version and the Canadian version. I’ve watched the live feeds of every season … I’m one of those crazy junkies for ‘Big Brother’!

If you could compare yourself to someone from either BB Canada or BB USA, who would it be?
I don’t think you can compare me to any one person in particular. I want to say that there’s some Janelle in me from ‘Big Brother 6,’ there’s some Britney [Haynes] in me, I think there’s some Dr. Will in me from a strategy [point of view], there’s some Derrick and some Neda in me. I don’t think there is any one person in particular who is exactly like me.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?
I’m a pretty open person. People know pretty much everything about me! That’s why going on ‘Big Brother’ doesn’t worry me. I don’t know! I don’t think there’s any one thing that people don’t know about me already.

What’s your basic strategy going into the house?
I think being a superfan, I know that we have no idea what twists and turns ‘Big Brother’ has for us. Expect the unexpected, and with our move to Global this year, there’s going to be some big twists. I have no idea what to expect going in, just like I have no idea who is going in there with me. There could be some twists with that, as well. So at this point, it’s hard to tell you what my strategy is going to be. So what I’m going to do is go in there, make some personal relationships, and then use my personal relationships to propel me further in the game. So find those commonalities with people, and then start to put together a team and an alliance. Definitely some sort of final two pact with someone, and then [go from there]. You’re a superfan I know, and it’s hard to say what your strategy is going to be going in there.

Is there any one thing you are the most excited to do this season?
I cannot wait to play the endurance competition! They are my favorite competitions to watch on the live feeds! The feeders love them, I love live-tweeting them. I can’t wait to take part in one of them. I am not going to let go; you are going to have to break off whatever I am holding onto [in order to get out of a challenge].

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?
I have a big mouth, and sometimes there’s no filter between what I’m thinking and saying. Maybe if someone leaves their dirty laundry around I might say something. Maybe if someone says something offensive I may snap back at them. That would probably be my biggest weakness.

What are hoping to get out of the show: Money, fame, love, or just a good time?
You know what? ‘Big Brother’ is the dream. I just want to live the experience as much as possible! If you told me that ‘Big Brother’ had zero money attached to it, I would still want to do it. Something like a showmance, sure if you put an [awesome] gay dude in there for me, absolutely. I’m for that, but it’s not what I’m looking for. I just want to be in there and live the dream of every superfan who wants to be on the show.

If there is one message you would pass along to the Canadian public before entering the game, what would it be?
This Winnipeg boy is ready to represent in the ‘Big Brother Canada’ house!

Overall Impression - Johnny is a possible contender for you. He’s not going to irritate anyone too much, and while we never love people who refuse to compare themselves to anyone specifically, you can tell that he loves the show and knows what to do when he gets in the house. Admitting that it’s bad to have a set strategy going in is part of that. Even in our interview, we found him friendly and excited, and not at all like he was tired of sitting around in sequester.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/157540/big-brother-canada-3-pre-game-exclusive-is-johnny-colatruglio-the-ultimate-superfan/

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:27:58 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bKR791vKSQ4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bKR791vKSQ4</a>

Source: Big Brother Daily on Youtube