Author Topic: BBCAN3: Kevin Martin  (Read 4707 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BBCAN3: Kevin Martin
« on: March 18, 2015, 11:53:36 PM »

Kevin Martin
This Calgary-born professional poker player will charm the pennies out of everyone's pockets.

Hometown: Grand Prairie, AB (in Calgary)
Describe yourself in three words: Enthusiastic. Optimistic. Level-headed.

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
I’m just going to relax. Everyone goes into the house so charged and crazy. People just need to stay chill. This is a marathon and while I’m staying relaxed, I’m going to let the other houseguests get worked up and destroy their own games. Being a poker player makes me so perfect for this competition. This is such a beautiful social experiment. You can never recreate this experience in any other aspect of life. I’m also not planning to win a Head of Household (HOH) competition ever. Watch me bring throwing competitions to a beautiful new art form.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
I would bring my journal. It would be so nice to be able to write my random thoughts down during this whole experience. I journal pretty regularly.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
I can’t wait for the challenges. It’s going to be so much fun. I guess what I really fear though is a challenge that is boring and will be difficult to throw in a way that isn’t obvious. I’m afraid of a challenge that will be hard to lose. I don’t want to win anything. Ever. At all.

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
I’m going to go on a crazy trip to Vegas. With my career, you need money to make money. So winning $100,000 to reinvest in my business will give me a great advantage.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
Arlie Shaban (BBCAN2). I love that kid. He’s an optimist and has a huge love for life. He played a great game and kind of got screwed by the house. He was wonderful and fun to watch.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
All the beautiful young ladies.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BBCAN3: Kevin Martin
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 11:53:56 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EmJw_PJkKPg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EmJw_PJkKPg</a>

Source: User sabrina on youtube

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 05:42:36 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 3′ pre-game exclusive: Does Kevin Martin have victory in the cards?

Reality shows do love having poker players in the cast. We’ve seen them on “The Amazing Race,” we had Jean-Robert and Garrett on “Survivor,” and even “The Celebrity Apprentice” had Annie “she’s a poker player” Duke aboard the second season. No offense to the late Joan Rivers, but she should have won!

Now, “Big Brother Canada” is getting its very own addition to the mix in Kevin Martin! Granted, Arlie last season is an avid poker player in his own right, and Kevin is going to remind you a lot of him, even if he is not as big of a lifelong fan of the show. In speaking to him in our exclusive pre-show interview, we could have imagined that this actually was Arlie throwing his voice ever-so-slightly. Let’s make it clear that we did this interview long before photos were released, so we had no idea what he looked like while talking with him. He has a very good mind for the game and the right way to play it; if there is one basic concern we have right now, it is that this guy also seems to realize very much that he is a good player. Confidence is good, but this much confidence? We’re not so sure. (Quick note: Click here to view all of our other pre-game interviews!)

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.
I’m Kevin Martin, I’m 22 years old. I’m from Calgary, Alberta, and I play poker professionally.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?
‘Big Brother Canada’ to me is such a beautiful, mental competition. Poker is such a beautiful mental competition to me, and I get a kick out of that. ‘Big Brother’ is the ultimate mental competition, so I knew I had to apply.

How big of a fan of the show were you before trying out?
Kind of a casual fan. I’ve seen a couple of American seasons, and the two Canadian seasons.

If you could compare yourself to someone from either BB Canada or BB USA, who would it be?
For sure! The beautiful man himself, Arlie Shaban!

What’s something about you that would surprise people?
Sometimes I come across egotistical, but inside I’m kind of a softie. I’m a little bit of a chill guy. I’m a big, big softie.

What’s your basic strategy going into the house?
My strategy is to relax, to chill! To take things slow. There’s going to be a lot of highly emotional people in the house, and they are going to blow up their [own game]. Come week six, seven, that’s when I am going to step up my game. That’s when I start making big moves!

Is there any one thing you are the most excited to do this season?
I’m so excited for the challenges! I don’t plan on winning any challenges; I know there’s a lot of work thrown into them, so it’s going to be a lot of fun to throw some challenges.

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?
My biggest weakness is, here comes the egotistical thing, sometimes I think at too high of a level. There are going to be a lot of emotional people who think differently than me, so I’m going to need to get inside of their brain versus them getting inside of my brain.

What are hoping to get out of the show: Money, fame, love, or just a good time?
$100,000 would be nice! That’s going to happen. This is such a unique experience, and it’s never going to happen again. I’m hoping to get the experience out of it, for sure.

If there is one message you would pass along to the Canadian public before entering the game, what would it be?
‘Big Brother’ fans, pull out your notebooks. Class is in session.

Overall impression - There’s no doubt that Kevin thinks he is the greatest player in the history of the show already. We remember being really worried about Arlie preseason, too, but he actually played very well until a couple of moves right before his demise. He has the tools to be a very good player, but he needs to stick with his strategy of laying low and not get too excited. Timing is everything for a guy like this.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/157529/big-brother-canada-3-pre-game-exclusive-does-kevin-martin-have-victory-in-the-cards/

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:30:59 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iDlozSejy0o" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iDlozSejy0o</a>

Source: Big Brother Daily on Youtube