Author Topic: BBCAN3: Sindy Nguyen  (Read 5103 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BBCAN3: Sindy Nguyen
« on: March 18, 2015, 11:38:29 PM »

Sindy Nguyen
If there's one thing to know about this pageant princess, it's that she's "Sindy with an "S"."

Hometown: Huntsville, ON (in Toronto, ON)
Describe yourself in three words: Sassy. Spontaneous. Honest

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
I don’t have much of a strategy going into the house. I know I would have to change it the moment I walked in anyway. I’m a very analytical person so when I meet all of the houseguests, I’ll decide what I need to do. I’m also not going to tell the houseguests that I work on cruise ships. They’ll just know me as the clueless pageant queen. The thing is, I don’t watch the show a whole lot so I’m just going to find my own strategy.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
I would bring in tapioca so I can make Bubble Tea because I’m so Asian.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
The endurance challenges will be hard for me because I have no upper-body strength.

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
I would pay off my debt and help my mom with hers. I would also travel and then invest some money into my business. I’m starting my own international pageant. The logo is being designed right now! I love pageants and have been competing in them since I was 17. Last year, I did six pageants! I’ve won a national pageant and then got to represent Canada at the Miss World Pageant where I got the award for Miss Congeniality!

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
I don’t have an idol but I like Heather and Gary. Heather and I are a lot alike. She’s a girlie girl and people underestimated her. And Gary is just so fun. And he hosts and I host! When I’m on the cruise ship, I host activities and theme nights and I teach dance classes like Zumba. I’ve travelled to over 38 countries and I’ve dated guys from every continent except Antarctica. South Africans make the best boyfriends! I like British guys too. My last boyfriend was a stripper from London. And I’m talking Channing Tatum stripper.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
Multiculturalism – I’m Asian so it’s a good place to be.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BBCAN3: Sindy Nguyen
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 11:38:55 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NuydYUfpK50" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NuydYUfpK50</a>

Source: User sabrina on youtube

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 06:50:57 PM »
Vietnamese.  :ascared Win please!!!!!

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 05:04:03 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 3′ pre-game exclusive: Will Sindy Nguyen cruise to the title?

Sindy Nguyen is coming into this season of “Big Brother Canada” with social skills. Also, she’s going into it with a strong desire for people to really get the spelling of her name right! She hosts events on cruise ships, which at least means to us that she is probably used to drunk people heckling her. There’s plenty of that in this game, and we tend to find that people with very social careers do tend to have some advantages.

With that being said, we’re not entirely sure just yet that she is going to be able to convince someone that she is nothing more than a beauty queen without much of a desire to do well in this game. Sometimes, we feel like players don’t take into account how much time people have to sit around and think about what players may be hiding. We’ll save our full impressions for the bottom of this article, but as a quick reminder, you can see all of our exclusive pre-game interviews right now at the link here!

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.
Okay, so I am Sindy with an S, not a C. Make sure you get that; I appreciate it. I am 25, currently residing in Toronto, and I am an event emcee aboard cruise ships.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?
I went for ‘Big Brother’ because I am a very competitive person. To see challenges like this kind of intrigue me; I’ve always been a person to host games, but never really someone to play the game. Obviously the fame isn’t a bad thing, and showmances have been quite successful on the show. You never know what’s going to happen!

How big of a fan of the show were you before trying out?
When ‘Big Brother’ first started in Canada I was out working on cruise ships. I got into it when the Americans had their first season out, and then I started getting into [Canada] when I started trying out. I realized that there is so much more to the game, and there are a lot of strategies that I need to sit down and think about.

If you could compare yourself to someone from either BB Canada or BB USA, who would it be?
I can’t remember which season she was in, but I’d say Helen [Kim] from the American version. She was quite strong, she’s a smart player and she’s Asian so I’m like her in that sense. For Canada it would be Heather. I think they underestimated her because she is a pretty blonde, and she purposefully didn’t go as hard in competitions which would also be my strategy … When she did go hard they realized that she was a threat and they got rid of her.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?
That’s a good question. Going into the house, I want them to go along with the persona of what they think a beauty queen is. I’ve competed in beauty pageants, so I think a lot of them are going to assume that I’m pretty and a want world peace and I don’t know anything better. With my background in cruise ships, I do know how to approach people and talk to them. I think it’s going to surprise people. I’m an overthinker so there’s a lot that will be [going into] a lot of my plans.

What’s your basic strategy going into the house?
I’m a very competitive person, but what I’m going to try to do is not win every competition. I want to make sure my social game is on point, and I want to make sure that every houseguest is by BFFN, my Best Friend for Now, so that I don’t have to do all the work.

Is there any one thing you are the most excited to do this season?
I think I’m just excited to get into the house! It’s been a long time waiting, so I’m just ready to do everything.

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?
I trust people a lot and easily, so I need to make sure that I don’t in the house. As much as I want to make sure that people are my BBFN, I need to make sure that I’m not backdoored.

What are hoping to get out of the show: Money, fame, love, or just a good time?
I’m spontaneous and adventurous, so this is another experience I’m going to add to my life. the money is not a bad thing, and the gift card from the Brick is also not a bad thing. By the end of it I hope to win, but everything is unexpected in the ‘Big Brother’ house.

If there is one message you would pass along to the Canadian public before entering the game, what would it be?
Be ready to meet Sindy with an S!

Overall impression - We worry a little that she thinks this game will be somewhat easier than it is. She seems like she’ll be fun at times, but if she is so concerned right now about the spelling of her name (even though we get this sort of information in press releases all the time), imagine how annoyed she could be on slop? To be fair, we’ve done a little research and apparently “Sindy with an S” is part of her shtick.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/157542/big-brother-canada-3-pre-game-exclusive-will-sindy-nguyen-cruise-to-the-title/

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 06:28:18 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-Xp98O0Qj-Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-Xp98O0Qj-Q</a>

Source: Big Brother Daily on Youtube

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 10:31:47 PM »
She reminds me of Paola from BB16 but Sindy's doesn't suck (yet) in comps.