Author Topic: BBCAN3: Bruno Ielo  (Read 4363 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BBCAN3: Bruno Ielo
« on: March 18, 2015, 11:05:53 PM »

Bruno Ielo
A construction worker and Ottawa’s first-ever houseguest competing for his wife and two sons.

Hometown: Ottawa, ON
Describe yourself in three words: Strategic. Fun. Charismatic.

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
I don’t want to say I don’t have one but I’m the kind of person who likes to see their surroundings first and then adapt. I don’t know who the other houseguests are and they’re a big part of my toolbox. I’m going to see who I connect with in the house and then I’m just going to follow my gut. I get along with most people too. I have four brothers and two sisters. Growing up there were nine people in our house!

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be?
I would bring my wife and kids. I have two sons – a two and a half-year old and a six-month old. Leaving my family is hard. I’ve never been away from my kids like this before but going into the house, I know I need to leave my emotions at the door. My wife is so supportive of this and she pushed me to go for it knowing it’s my dream. I know she’ll be watching along with my whole family, and all of the guys from the construction site. I’m the first person from Ottawa who’s made it into the Big Brother Canada house!

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
I don’t fear them. I would most likely be stronger in the physical challenges. I am colour blind so I hope that doesn’t make things hard for me. That being said, the dress was white and gold!

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
Honestly, it goes to my kids and their school funds. That’s where it’s all going.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
I don’t have an idol but I liked Paul (BBCAN2) and Adel’s (BBCAN2) personalities. I thought they were hilarious. They’re good guys and they really bonded and had fun with each other, in spite of their circumstances in the house. But really, Paul’s game was horrible.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
I honestly love everything about our country. We’re so lucky to have what we have. We’re spoiled. We have everything we need and more.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BBCAN3: Bruno Ielo
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 11:06:46 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BR3Y9BGuqxo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BR3Y9BGuqxo</a>

Source: User sabrina on youtube

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 06:05:05 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 3′ pre-game exclusive: Can Bruno Ielo win for his family?

Bruno Ielo could easily be the sort of guy people want to root for on “Big Brother Canada” when season 3 premieres next week. He’s a longtime fan of the show, he’s personable, and as a father, he also brings into the game a very different perspective than the other players. When it comes to comparing him to past parents, we would say that he probably has more in common with Sarah than Suzette or Paul.

If this is the first pre-game interview from us that you are reading, here are a few important things to know: We conducted these before the “ET Canada” cast reveal, so we had zero outside knowledge of the players going in. With that, we were also doing this via phone and had no idea what the players even looked like. You can check out all of our other exclusive “Big Brother Canada” interviews at the link here, or you can also click on the image below to get some other updates that way. After we get through sharing our interview with you, we’ll give you more of our overall impressions of him.

CarterMatt – Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.
I’m Bruno Ielo, I’m 31, and I’m a construction worker. (Note: He is also from Ottawa.)

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?
I’ve loved the show for many years. I’ve watched the American show from year one, and I even wanted to be the first Canadian to be on the American show. That was my original goal, but it turned out that you had to be an American resident and it just didn’t work.

When the show [came to Canada], I was like ‘this is it.’ For the first year, when the auditions came out, my son was born two days after auditions started. So I had to [stay back] for my wife and my kid. I did start making a video, but I stopped and didn’t send it in. Season 2 came around, and my wife and I decided that we wanted to have another baby, so I didn’t apply again. Season 3 we’re here; no more babies, and this is a dream come true for me.

If you could compare yourself to someone from either BB Canada or BB USA, who would it be?
The funny thing is that I don’t think there’s been a player like me. I know a lot of people will say Dan or Derrick because a lot of people will say they’re the greatest players, but the reality is that not many people can play like that. If I had to say anyone, I would say Jeff Schroeder. The personality is amazing; that guy was incredible. Strategy-wise, I have a very strategic mind. I would probably compare myself to Derrick or Dan in that sense.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?
Something that I know would surprise people is that I’m a very big gamer. Not a lot of people would think that in my day-to-day life. I was actually ranked as the #1 gamer in the world for a game called Dark Age of Camelot, and I played it for almost ten years. It takes a lot of [time] to be good at, especially the best at. I’m also a closet geek; I like Saturday morning cartoons! Not a lot of people know that.

What’s your basic strategy going into the house?
I could sit here and tell you an entire strategy of what I’m going to do, but if we’re going to be honest with each other, I don’t think I can do that. We don’t know who has been cast in this house, I don’t know the other contestants. My strategy is that I don’t have a strategy. I’m going to go in with an open mind. The way I work is that I like to deal with people one-on-one and find common ground … That’s what I’m going to do in the house to figure out what [people’s] strengths and weaknesses are. I’m going to use that to my benefit.

Is there any one thing you are the most excited to do this season?
Honestly, the experience. This is something I’ve dreamed about for many years; some people want to go to space or win a gold medal, but this is honestly my dream. Just be there and living the experience.

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?
I biggest overall weakness is going to be my strength: My wife and kids. Being away from them will be a weight on my shoulders, but it’s also going to get me to the end.

What are hoping to get out of the show: Money, fame, or just a good time?
The fame, I’m not into that. If it comes, it’s great, but that’s not why I’m here. I want to better my kids’ lives. That money could help their schooling, and I want that money to go in their bank account [for their future]. I don’t want a penny of it.

If there is one message you would pass along to the Canadian public before entering the game, what would it be?
I’m a gamer and this is a game, so I hope people don’t take things personally. We’re here to have a good time and play a game, and there are going to be things that we do or say that are [just part of the game]. I hope everyone enjoys it, and I hope we put on a good show for the public. I hope it’s the best season yet.

Our overall impression - Even though he kind of talked out of both sides of his mouth in some of his answers, it’s good to be political sometimes! That will serve him well. We actually like Bruno a lot. He really wants to be there, he came across as very friendly, and he has a casual demeanor that will make him a good ally to keep around. He’s not going to be a threat.

Source:http://cartermatt.com/157522/big-brother-canada-3-pre-game-exclusive-can-bruno-ielo-win-for-his-family/

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l4D0U6Xe-dQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l4D0U6Xe-dQ</a>

Source: Big Brother Daily on Youtube

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 06:36:35 PM »
Construction worker to be Ottawa’s first contestant on Big Brother Canada

Most wives wouldn’t be supportive of their husbands taking off for two months with two young kids at home, but when there’s $100,000 on the line Emily Ielo says she has to “take one for team.”

Her husband, Bruno Ielo, surprised his family this week when they were asked to tune into ET Canada to find out he made the cut as a house guest on the third season of Big Brother Canada.

The 31-year-old construction worker and Big Brother fanatic is the first Ottawa resident to be on the Canadian reality series, which premieres Monday at 8 p.m. ET. on Global.

“This was his dream, for sure. He’s talked about this since pretty much when we met,” Emily told Metro on Thursday.

Bruno’s younger brother, Thomas, said if anyone from Ottawa were to make it on the show, it would be him.

“He’s watched it forever. He studied it; he knows it in and out. Even when it was in the States he said one day, ‘I’m going to be on there,'” he said.

Unlike previous guests, Thomas said his big brother is not in it for the fame. His single motivation is to support his wife and two boys, six-month-old Dominic and two-and-a-half-year-old Damian.

As the excitement builds in the Ielo household for the premiere, Thomas said he’s not concerned with the behind-the-scenes editing that goes on in reality TV and how his brother might be portrayed.

“Bruno is one of those guys, everybody loves him. He’s a charmer. I don’t think that they can portray him in any other way than his true colours,” he said.

“He’s not somebody that allows people to portray him in any other way. He’s not a fake.”

But, to win he has to be smart, strategic, and willing to do anything to outwit the other 15 house guests, which as his wife explained, shouldn’t be a problem.

“He’s the best strategic gamer in life. If we play Monopoly, he wins even when everybody gangs up against him,” she said. “He can do that with any game.”

In a pre-game interview with Global, he described himself as a “world-class gamer” who also has a black belt in karate.

While he shied away from disclosing a strategy going into the show, he confessed he’s willing to “cheat, steal, scratch, claw” his way to the top.

Throughout the season, viewers can follow tweets from the @BBCan3Bruno which is operated by his family.

Source:http://metronews.ca/news/ottawa/1317757/construction-worker-to-be-ottawas-first-contestant-on-big-brother-canada/

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »
Popular pick to win but I think he'll be out early.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!