Author Topic: BBCAN3: Sarah Hanlon  (Read 6716 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BBCAN3: Sarah Hanlon
« on: March 16, 2015, 11:31:36 PM »

Sarah Hanlon
A free-spirited Hemployee from Toronto and self-proclaimed grown-up version of Lisa Simpson.

Hometown: Toronto, ON
Describe yourself in three words: Open-minded. Goofy. Smart.

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?
I have too many strategies. I want to be the Queen of the Misfits – the leading force among the people who are seen as the misfits of the house. I want to be what unites the stragglers. The cool kids in the house will initially make the rules and then everyone will get sick of being told what to do by them. I’ll wait until the misfits are just sick enough and then I’ll snap into high gear. That’s when it’ll get real and I’ll show people that I’m in it to win it.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?
I would take my television. I’m such a TV addict and a total media junkie. Reality TV is my thing because I’m a Sociology dork.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?
Physical for sure. Anything that involves the cold will be so hard for me. I don’t think I could stand on an ice block for six hours like they did last season. I’ll be completely fine for the memory challenges. I’ll be paying attention to everything.

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?
I have way too many plans for the $100,000. I just like to give back. I’ve really never had more than a couple of thousand dollars to my name. I’d love to give back to the people who helped me along the way like my partner, Scott. He helped me get through school. I’d love to do the same for him.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?
Gary (BBCAN1)! It kills me that he didn’t win. He’s the perfect example of being true to yourself but still playing a smart and fully subversive game. He played with the popular people and toyed with all the groups in the house, but he didn’t conform or go against anything he didn’t believe in to do it. He always did what worked for him.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?
I love the diversity and multiculturalism in Canada, and the cool fusion you get from all the different cultures that have come together here to make it so great.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BBCAN3: Sarah Hanlon
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 11:14:18 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ekKkk6GIadI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ekKkk6GIadI</a>

Source: User sabrina on youtube

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 05:49:26 PM »
‘Big Brother Canada 3′ pre-game exclusive: Will Sarah Hanlon trick players into keeping her?

When you look at Sarah Hanlon, it feels inevitable that you are going to think of Anick from last season. They both have that same sort of vibe about them, and they both are entering “Big Brother Canada” as almost wild-card contestants.

Take away some of the similarities in glasses and fashion, though, and we do feel like Sarah is going to be a different sort of contestant. We didn’t even know what she looked like when we talked with her via phone earlier this week while the houseguests were in sequester. She is an opinionated person who dabbles more in creativity than anything so spiritual, and she also seems to be more of a longtime fan. We’ll save our overall take on her for the end of the article, but we’ll go ahead and tell you that we were very surprised by who is one of her favorite players. If you want to appeal to longtime show viewers, reference someone from the first five seasons!

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.
I’m 27 years old, my name is Sarah. I was born in Brampton, but I’ve spent the last fifteen years or so in Calgary. I just moved back to Toronto to get back into the arts scene a bit and do some writing. I currently work at a hemp shop downtown.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?
I love ‘Big Brother.’ I’m such a fan. I’ve always wanted to be on it, so the moment I had an opportunity, I tried out.

If you could compare yourself to someone from either BB Canada or BB USA, who would it be?
I hope I can go in there and be like Jon and be kind of goofy and fly under the radar a little bit. Someone said that I was the female Gary and I almost died. That’s a huge compliment. And on the American show, Danielle Reyes is a favorite. I really want to play a cunning game like her.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?
I’m really easygoing and carefree, but deep down I have a lot of strong opinions. I’m a feminist, and that informs a lot of my beliefs.

What’s your basic strategy going into the house?
I have so many strategies! The #1 is to play young, innocent, and there to have fun, when the only thing I really want to do is win.

Is there any one thing you are the most excited to do this season?
Just meet everyone! I can’t wait to see the type of people who would put themselves in this situation like I am.

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?
I’m pretty emotional, especially [when it comes to] the idea of lying or hurting someone. But I’ve given myself permission because it’s just a game.

What are hoping to get out of the show: Money, fame, love, or just a good time?
It’s a good time, the experience, because I’ve been yelling at my TV for the past ten years about what they’ve been doing right or wrong. Maybe I’ll get to teach myself what it’s like. And win! I’m going to win!

If there is one message you would pass along to the Canadian public before entering the game, what would it be?
That I am trying my hardest. I really just want to play the game for the superfans of ‘Big Brother,’ and play my heart out.

Overall impression - It was hard to get a really good read on Sarah, mostly because it felt like she’d already done a few interviews before speaking here and she blew through some of the questions. The biggest reason we’re worried, though, is that we’re not sure she will be able to contain her opinions, and it is much better in this game to be more down the middle the majority of time. Still, gauging your audience is extremely important.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:32:13 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M9-hNxiRT3w" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M9-hNxiRT3w</a>

Source: Big Brother Daily on Youtube

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 07:21:43 PM »
This girl needs to slay this house <3

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster