Author Topic: Design Your Own Tar Leg!  (Read 6741 times)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Design Your Own Tar Leg!
« on: March 14, 2015, 01:42:12 PM »
I love making made up legs, I find it fun so I thought this would be a nice way of people thinking of legs themselves / I'm not very good but it's fun here's an example:

~ Make your way by High Speed Rail back To Taipei and go to Chan Kai Shek memorial plaza to receive your next clue

~ Fly to Singapore and find " The Durians " to receive your next clue.

~ Detour / See Food or Eat Food / In See Food make your way to Lau Pa Sat hawker Centre and correctly identify 25 famous Singaporean hawker dishes, once completed you will receive your next clue. In Eat Food make your way to the Singapore Cable car, if you finish a big Singaporean feast before the Cable car reaches Sentosa you will receive your next clue.

~ Roadblock ( Switchback ) Make your way to Wave House once there one of you must ride the wave machine which brought Kym and Ali to their knees, if you can hold on for 2 minutes you will receive your next clue.

~ Purple Trees / That's all your getting ( Reffering to Gardens By The Bays Super Trees )

~ Make your way to the next Pitstop, Raffles Hotel

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Design Your Own Tar Leg!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:19:58 PM »
There's also this thread :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 10:24:39 PM »
As a fanfiction writer, I do this quite often. :lol:

Here's a sample:
Roadblock: Who has infinite patience?
A roadblock is a task where only one team member may complete. In this roadblock, one team member must go to one of three gardens within the fortress and must place giant wafer dominoes around the field. Each team member has seventy-five domino pieces. They have to use all seventy-five pieces to press one of three big red buttons on that field. Once all pieces have been used, and the big red button has been pressed, their next clue will appear.

Here's a detour sample from another leg:
Detour: Blessed from the Past / Woven for the Future
Natives living in Choco Mountain remained conservative with their culture, by practicing their local traditions. Now, teams must perform one of two common traditions performed by locals in Choco Mountain. Woven for the future requires teams to knit patches of Mario Kart 64 race courses onto a locally and traditionally made quilt. Teams will be given a drawing on the arrangement of the patches. Once teams have finished knitting the patches onto the quilt properly with the correct arrangement, they will be receive their next clue. Blessed from the past requires teams to go spelunking at a nearby cave where they must pick up one of many decade-old chocolate tableas. They must then bring it to the local tribe where they must cook it at the center of the tribal village. After cooking it, they must share the drink. Once they have finished the warm chocolate drink, the tribal chief will hand them their next clue.

Here's a different leg's fast forward:
FF: Roll a hamsterball through the lava course.
Clue 1: A fast forward gives teams the opportunity to skip all tasks and go directly to the pit stop. In this fast forward, teams have to make their way to the Lava Golf Course Area of Melty Molten Galaxy.
Clue 2: To attempt this fast forward, one team member must stay inside a giant lavaproof hamsterball while the other one stays on top. Both team members must then coordinate with each other to roll the ball all the way to the end of the lava course. Once both team members have successfully rolled the ball to the end of the course, they will receive the fast forward award and can go straight to the pit stop."

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 11:27:27 PM »
I pretty much like this thread as an individual than mashing it up with the wishlist. It's more self-innovation than a wish for a future season.

I want to try to outdo the full Hawaii Legs of 14 and 20 (since almost all the half-Hawaii Legs are unbeatable). "Which island should I feature?" the rhetorical question wonders. ???
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 11:45:47 AM »
I pretty much like this thread as an individual than mashing it up with the wishlist. It's more self-innovation than a wish for a future season.

I want to try to outdo the full Hawaii Legs of 14 and 20 (since almost all the half-Hawaii Legs are unbeatable). "Which island should I feature?" the rhetorical question wonders. ???

Thanks  :) the only problem is I usually do quite famous places never really obscure places

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »
If you just want to outline a wishlist of places you want to see, please use that thread.

there will be a new Design Challenge coming before long, so if you want to do a real full length leg you might want to hold out for that.

but if you just want to try your wings, feel free here!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 11:16:47 AM »

Here's a sample:
A roadblock is a task where only one team member may complete. In this roadblock, one team member must go to one of three gardens within the fortress and must place giant wafer dominoes around the field. Each team member has seventy-five domino pieces. They have to use all seventy-five pieces to press one of three big red buttons on that field. Once all pieces have been used, and the big red button has been pressed, their next clue will appear.

Natives living in Choco Mountain remained conservative with their culture, by practicing their local traditions. Now, teams must perform one of two common traditions performed by locals in Choco Mountain. Woven for the future requires teams to knit patches of Mario Kart 64 race courses onto a locally and traditionally made quilt. Teams will be given a drawing on the arrangement of the patches. Once teams have finished knitting the patches onto the quilt properly with the correct arrangement, they will be receive their next clue. Blessed from the past requires teams to go spelunking at a nearby cave where they must pick up one of many decade-old chocolate tableas. They must then bring it to the local tribe where they must cook it at the center of the tribal village. After cooking it, they must share the drink. Once they have finished the warm chocolate drink, the tribal chief will hand them their next clue.

Clue 1: A fast forward gives teams the opportunity to skip all tasks and go directly to the pit stop. In this fast forward, teams have to make their way to the Lava Golf Course Area of Melty Molten Galaxy.
Clue 2: To attempt this fast forward, one team member must stay inside a giant lavaproof hamsterball while the other one stays on top. Both team members must then coordinate with each other to roll the ball all the way to the end of the lava course. Once both team members have successfully rolled the ball to the end of the course, they will receive the fast forward award and can go straight to the pit stop."

Phil: A Detour is a choice between two tasks! Each with its own pros and cons! *Overhead shot of the Beach* Starshine Beach has long been a popular vacation destination! Its pristine beaches and crystal clear water ensures that everyone will have a spectacular vacation. In addition to the stunning scenery, the Beach is also home to many Yoshis, who are also popular with tourists. Now teams must choose between Dash and Blimp. In Dash, team members will each get on a Yoshi and must search the beach for these Dash Peppers. Once fed to the Yoshis, they cause an extreme burst in speed. Teams must ride their speeding Yoshis across this water and around this tower without falling off. They must also grab one of these flags hanging above. If successful, they will receive their next clue. In Blimp, teams also get on some Yoshis and must search the beach for this Blimp Fruit. THIS fruit, once fed to the Yoshis, causes the body to swell up with air and float. Teams must ride their floating Yoshis up to this clue suspended in the air by balloons.

:)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 04:02:34 PM »
BTW, when will the next Design Challenge start? ???
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 08:59:52 PM »
BTW, when will the next Design Challenge start? ???

Don't know yet....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 06:44:52 AM »

Here's a sample:

Phil: A Detour is a choice between two tasks! Each with its own pros and cons! *Overhead shot of the Beach* Starshine Beach has long been a popular vacation destination! Its pristine beaches and crystal clear water ensures that everyone will have a spectacular vacation. In addition to the stunning scenery, the Beach is also home to many Yoshis, who are also popular with tourists. Now teams must choose between Dash and Blimp. In Dash, team members will each get on a Yoshi and must search the beach for these Dash Peppers. Once fed to the Yoshis, they cause an extreme burst in speed. Teams must ride their speeding Yoshis across this water and around this tower without falling off. They must also grab one of these flags hanging above. If successful, they will receive their next clue. In Blimp, teams also get on some Yoshis and must search the beach for this Blimp Fruit. THIS fruit, once fed to the Yoshis, causes the body to swell up with air and float. Teams must ride their floating Yoshis up to this clue suspended in the air by balloons.

:)

:hugs:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »
Hope everyone had a magnificent St. Patrick's Day yesterday! :beer2: Came up with a finale Leg in Kauai, Hawaii and thought I'd share it before going to sleep.

Auckland (Auckland Airport) to Lihue, Hawaii, U.S. (Lihue Airport)
• Kapaa (Ono Ono Shave Ice)
• Kilauea (The Coconut Experience)
• Hanalei (Princeville Airport)
• Hanalei (Lumaha'i Beach)
• Hanalei (Hanalei Beach)
Hanalei (Old Hanalei School - Hanalei Gourmet) or Princeville (Taro Plantation)
• Princeville (Makai Golf Club)
• Ha'ena State Park (Ha'ena Beach)
• Ha'ena State Park (Ke'e Beach)
Teams will rip open their clue at the Pit Start to find out their final destination: Kauai, Hawaii! Once arriving in Kauai, teams will take a cab to Ono Ono Shave Ice where they must order a guava ice and consume the chilly treat to reveal their next clue on the bottom of their cup, The Coconut Experience. After finding the next clue (box), teams will ride a cab to Princeville Airport. At the airport, teams will be flown by helicopter over the luscious island nearing Lumaha'i Beach - once above the target spot requires both team members to perform a tandem skydive onto the beach to locate the next clue (box). The clue instructed teams to build a wooden boat that resembles the Mālia, a 20th century canoe originally designed and constructed by James Takeo Yamasaki, then row it east to Hanalei Beach where a hula dancer will give teams their next clue unveiling the final Detour.

This Detour will let teams choose between two different tasks all featuring a Hawaiian staple food, taro, in "Working" or "Lurking". In Working, teams must take a cab to Hanalei Gourmet at the Old Hanalei School where they must make poi by boiling and mashing taro corm while adding just the right amount of water to the plant stems to create a mixture known to locals as a "two-finger" consistency. If teams achieve the perfect texture, they must deliver the poi to the lunch ladies in the cafeteria at Hanalei Elementary School to receive their next clue. In Lurking, teams must take a cab to an obscure taro plantation where they must walk the perimeters of the 20+ large fields in search of a dot-marked taro root. After finding one of three roots, teams will open the vegetable to find their next clue.

After the Detour, teams traveled to Makai Golf Club where each team member must stand 50 meters away from Hole 3 and attempt to score a hole-in-one to receive their next clue telling them to take a cab to Ha'ena Beach. Once arrived, teams will meet their final Roadblock.

[Numeric memory RB using seashells as answer devices]

The clue after the final Roadblock will require teams to harvest a floating treasure chest from the surface of the Pacific Ocean by unchaining the chest latched to a hook & line down to the ocean floor. Then, they must carry the chest westward along the coast approximately 1-mi onto the Finish Line at Ke'e Beach. First team to successfully check in on the gigantic mat will obviously win $1 million. :ya3: :bounce
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:54:17 PM by RachelLeVega »
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 04:15:28 AM »
I'm creating my first ever season and so far the route is... I've done it back to front for some reason!

Leg 9: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Leg 10: Tokyo & Yokohama, Japan
Leg 11: Kyoto, Japan
Leg 12: San Francisco, California

Is it better to do in second person ( get your next clue ) or third ( get there next clue )

Edit: Here's the route. 5 Continents 8 Countries

1. Frankfurt, Germany ( Flight )
2. Luxembourg, Luxembourg ( Drive )
3. Fethiye, Turkey ( Flight )
4. Istanbul, Turkey ( Flight )
5. Port Elizabeth, South Africa ( Flight )
6. Cape Town, South Africa ( Bus )
7. Melbourne , Australia ( Flight )
8. Hobart, Australia ( Ferry )
9. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ( Flight )
10. Tokyo / Yokohama, Japan ( Flight / Train )
11. Kyoto, Japan ( Train )
12. San Francisco, California ( Flight )
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:30:46 PM by BritishTARFan »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 05:04:31 AM »
Hope everyone had a magnificent St. Patrick's Day yesterday! :beer2: Came up with a finale Leg in Kauai, Hawaii and thought I'd share it before going to sleep.

Auckland (Auckland Airport) to Lihue, Hawaii, U.S. (Lihue Airport)
• Kapaa (Ono Ono Shave Ice)
• Kilauea (The Coconut Experience)
• Hanalei (Princeville Airport)
• Hanalei (Lumaha'i Beach)
• Hanalei (Hanalei Beach)
Hanalei (Old Hanalei School - Hanalei Gourmet) or Princeville (Taro Plantation)
• Princeville (Makai Golf Club)
• Ha'ena State Park (Ha'ena Beach)
• Ha'ena State Park (Ke'e Beach)
Teams will rip open their clue at the Pit Start to find out their final destination: Kauai, Hawaii! Once arriving in Kauai, teams will take a cab to Ono Ono Shave Ice where they must order a guava ice and consume the chilly treat to reveal their next clue on the bottom of their cup, The Coconut Experience. After finding the next clue (box), teams will ride a cab to Princeville Airport. At the airport, teams will be flown by helicopter over the luscious island nearing Lumaha'i Beach - once above the target spot requires both team members to perform a tandem skydive onto the beach to locate the next clue (box). The clue instructed teams to build a wooden boat that resembles the Mālia, a 20th century canoe originally designed and constructed by James Takeo Yamasaki, then row it east to Hanalei Beach where a hula dancer will give teams their next clue unveiling the final Detour.

This Detour will let teams choose between two different tasks all featuring a Hawaiian staple food, taro, in "Working" or "Lurking". In Working, teams must take a cab to Hanalei Gourmet at the Old Hanalei School where they must make poi by boiling and mashing taro corm while adding just the right amount of water to the plant stems to create a mixture known to locals as a "two-finger" consistency. If teams achieve the perfect texture, they must deliver the poi to the lunch ladies in the cafeteria at Hanalei Elementary School to receive their next clue. In Lurking, teams must take a cab to an obscure taro plantation where they must walk the perimeters of the 20+ large fields in search of a dot-marked taro root. After finding one of three roots, teams will open the vegetable to find their next clue.

After the Detour, teams traveled to Makai Golf Club where each team member must stand 50 meters away from Hole 3 and attempt to score a hole-in-one to receive their next clue telling them to take a cab to Ha'ena Beach. Once arrived, teams will meet their final Roadblock.

[Numeric memory RB using seashells as answer devices]

The clue after the final Roadblock will require teams to harvest a floating treasure chest from the surface of the Pacific Ocean by unchaining the chest latched to a hook & line down to the ocean floor. Then, they must carry the chest westward along the coast approximately 1-mi onto the Finish Line at Ke'e Beach. First team to successfully check in on the gigantic mat will obviously win $1 million. :ya3: :bounce

I really like this leg but may i ask what did you use to create it was it just word? because i just use notes on my iPad and its not the best

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 05:39:41 PM »
I really like this leg but may i ask what did you use to create it was it just word? because i just use notes on my iPad and its not the best
Actually, I post all my forum discussions using an iPhone. For the short-term posts like the route and after-episode analyses, I save my impending work to the notes app in case the Safari app crashes.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 09:48:45 PM »
Actually, I post all my forum discussions using an iPhone. For the short-term posts like the route and after-episode analyses, I save my impending work to the notes app in case the Safari app crashes.

omg same notes on iphone <3

its what i use to update all my games :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 10:25:33 AM »
:ot:

There is an iphone notes app?  :yess:
Somebody PM me the info please?
#newiphoneuser
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 10:10:20 PM »
:ot:

There is an iphone notes app?  :yess:
Somebody PM me the info please?
#newiphoneuser
The notes app is either on the home screen or boxed in the utilities square. Open it, press "+" and type away. :nut: The iPhone 3G still works like a charm for me; no upgrades until otherwise.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 02:40:48 AM »
    So I thought to myself 'Self? Why is it the winners of legs in Miami are generally great and the best teams out of their respective F3 but the legs themselves are awful?' And then I tried to fix it yay!

...then I realized that Miami is kind of an amalgam of cultures but not *known* for it like, say, New York or even LA (which was my first attempt lol). Still:

• Buenos Aires (Ministro Pastirini International Airport) to Miami, Florida, USA
    • Miami (Virginia Key Beach)
    • Miami (Miami Seaquarium) ROADBLOCK (Who wants to take an unforgettable date?)
    • Miami (Versailles Restaurant)
    • Miami (University of Miami - Phillip and Patricia School of Music)
    • Miami Beach (Miami Beach Convention Center) ROADBLOCK (Who hasn't been worn out by the race?)
    • Miami (The Barnacle Historic State Park) FINISH LINE

In the first Roadblock of the leg, one team member would 'date' one of the dolphins of the Seaquarium. First, they had to prepare 20 lbs of fish and feed their chosen dolphin. Once fed, the racer would interact with the dolphin, including basic training cues, being dragged by the dolphin and ending in a kiss. Once finished, the team received their next clue however the person performing the task was instructed to leave the wetsuit on for the rest of the leg. The second Roadblock required the team that sat out of the dolphin task to search through a room of hundreds of models for the 12 wearing outfits they encountered along the 12 legs of the race, including their partner wearing the wetsuit of the Seaquarium. Once assembled in chronological order, they would receive their next clue.

Additional tasks
  • At Virginia Key, teams were simply told to 'Find Lolita'. They had to figure out that Lolita was the name of a killer whale at the nearby Seaquarium.
  • At Versailles, teams were required to eat a sampling of Cuban cuisine, including Cuban sandwiches, croquetas, and cortaditos, in order to receive their next clue.
  • At the University of Miami, teams were directed to one of three practice rooms which had a CD playing seven instruments - a bass guitar, a snare drum, a trombone, maracas, a steel pan, a flute, and a conga drum. When teams feel they've listened enough, they had to go to a performance room and match the instruments playing on the CD to the instruments being played by one of the musicians of the band. If correct, teams would receive their next clue but if not, they would have to listen again to the CD before guessing again.
  • After completing the second Roadblock, teams were instructed to find the Finish Line at a barnacle growing for 124 years. They had to figure out that this referred to The Barnacle Historic State Park, built in 1891.

It's not like OMG AMAZING and I'm fairly certain the distances are ridiculously far apart unless they're driving themselves but it's better than transliteration or wading through water *shrugs*

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 01:55:51 PM »
Zach what did you use to create your route because notes is just  (:;)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 11:37:51 PM »
I just did everything in my browser; I bookmarked the places in Miami I wanted to visit and just wrote the post in-thread when I was ready. For DC I would use Word to make it look beautiful but I'm (hopefully) not being judged here  :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 11:05:22 PM »
I just did everything in my browser; I bookmarked the places in Miami I wanted to visit and just wrote the post in-thread when I was ready. For DC I would use Word to make it look beautiful but I'm (hopefully) not being judged here  :funny:
Speaking of Miami, if you ever travel down there I highly consider visiting the Villa Vizcaya. The structure is built with the influence of Renaissance architecture and among the estate is a garden oasis filled with greenery, fountains with mind-relaxing effects, and possible weddings. Certainly worth a bucketlist entry.

Back on topic, I like your Miami route. The musical task at the University of Miami is genius! :hoot:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 10:25:33 AM »
For people interested, Design Challenge VII is coming this summer! Check out the advertisment thread on my signature! :tup: