Author Topic: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?  (Read 36205 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2017, 10:46:19 AM »
Not that I dislike that team, but the main problem really with Season 27 is that it was at a lot of times "The Justin & Diana Show". Way too much airtime on them.

So it's actually kind of appropriate that the new cover for the DVD/Blu Ray release of this season has Justin's legs hanging over the logo :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:49:30 AM by Maanca »

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »
Not that I dislike that team, but the main problem really with Season 27 is that it was at a lot of times "The Justin & Diana Show". Way too much airtime on them.

So it's actually kind of appropriate that the new cover for the DVD/Blu Ray release of this season has Justin's legs hanging over the logo :P

Where did you see the cover? I want to see it.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2017, 09:08:01 AM »

Where did you see the cover? I want to see it.

https://twitter.com/Survivor_on_DVD/status/913408937533329409

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »
They need to fix the intro for TAR30.

The new style that 28 started is ATROCIOUS.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2017, 09:09:40 PM »

It was more than atrocious, that style seemed old-fashioned to me.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2017, 07:05:02 PM »

It was more than atrocious, that style seemed old-fashioned to me.

Honestly my biggest pet peeve of the intros was when they used to do the team's headshots. I wish they still did the clips with the teams in action.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2017, 07:14:59 PM »
Go back to the intro with they had from around TAR23-27

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2017, 01:58:08 AM »
When people don't learn how to drive a damn stick shift. Like, that's Amazing Race 101  :groan:

So true. Added to that is when only 1 team member is the designated stick shift driver.

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2017, 02:09:16 AM »
Having the starting line always in Southern California. California is a beautiful place , but couldn't you have a starting line elsewhere for a change?

The lack of interesting teams. Who ever casts these teams needs to be fired immediately. Every season , it's the same old schtick. Every team is around 30 years of age and is good looking. This is tiring after how many seasons of it. Time to bring back teams like a mother daughter team or old grandparent team. Enough with the younger good looking teams already.

2. Yes that they need more grandparent teams,
 15 had only like 2.5 teams worth rooting for, and 16 was meh. If anything, I'd say their casting is getting much better these days than it has been, they just need to throw in older teams again.

I'm not so sure about grandparent teams as I always seem to think that they will be eliminated first. They also don't add much drama as they always nice people.

I'm curious to know who you think is the 2.5 teams worth rooting for in S15? I can think of at least 3 (poker players, Zev and Justin, Gary and Matt) - I'm assuming here that you not a fan of the GlobeTrotters.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2017, 06:24:34 PM »
Having the starting line always in Southern California. California is a beautiful place , but couldn't you have a starting line elsewhere for a change?

The lack of interesting teams. Who ever casts these teams needs to be fired immediately. Every season , it's the same old schtick. Every team is around 30 years of age and is good looking. This is tiring after how many seasons of it. Time to bring back teams like a mother daughter team or old grandparent team. Enough with the younger good looking teams already.

2. Yes that they need more grandparent teams,
 15 had only like 2.5 teams worth rooting for, and 16 was meh. If anything, I'd say their casting is getting much better these days than it has been, they just need to throw in older teams again.

I'm not so sure about grandparent teams as I always seem to think that they will be eliminated first. They also don't add much drama as they always nice people.

I'm curious to know who you think is the 2.5 teams worth rooting for in S15? I can think of at least 3 (poker players, Zev and Justin, Gary and Matt) - I'm assuming here that you not a fan of the GlobeTrotters.

I meant 3.5 lol. Globetrotters, Zev and Justin, Gary and Matt, and then Brian for having to put up with Erika screaming at him all the time. Didn't really like poker players honestly, the fact that they hid their profession and tried to say they worked for a charity rubbed me the wrong way.