Author Topic: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?  (Read 36060 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »
I rewatched TAR 22's finale. I gotta say, it was actually really good for the first half, until Bates & Anthony took a huge lead :'(

That leads me to say...

Please don't put a luck task on the final leg like that!

Also, Beacon of Hope as the TAR 22 finale title, really? I probably already said this but they need better title quotes! Cheers to a Great Race (said by Beth) was an excellent candidate

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2015, 09:37:47 PM »
The lack of Fast Forwards...

IMO it should appear as regularly as W-Turns. This means that just like how W-Turns usually appear 2x per season, Fast Forwards should also appear 2x per season.

Also, old TAR (as in Seasons 5-13) always had 2 FF's per season.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:52:32 PM by Philimination »
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2015, 07:44:03 AM »
Okay this annoys me:
When they give the last-place team sad music and a bunch of confessionals and all that on non-elimination legs (Bopper & Mark, Caroline & Jennifer, Matt & Ashley, etc...)
and then they give the last-place team a choppy/edited 30-second final speech and they're off the screen (Dennis & Isabelle, Libby & CJ) or they just don't treat it like anything - on elimination legs.

Offline bubbha

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2015, 02:01:21 PM »
Jesus freak teams. Thankfully, they don't seem to win.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »

I just rematches S5 / I'm a religious person but Brandon and Nicky mainly Brandon talking about there faith in Christ was just  blahblah blahblah constant

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 06:17:39 AM »

Sometimes Jesus freak teams deliver the lulz, but sometimes it's incredibly irritating, so it swings both ways for me.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:04 AM »
What were some good Jesus freak teams? I always liked Andy & Tommy, except for the one comment they made in Thailand II but other than that they were enjoyable.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2015, 06:06:22 PM »
What were some good Jesus freak teams? I always liked Andy & Tommy, except for the one comment they made in Thailand II but other than that they were enjoyable.
From another religion, Bilal & Sa'eed from TAR10 were a vivacious team. I had so much betting on them to reach the final three in 2006. :'(
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2015, 10:14:24 PM »
From another religion, Bilal & Sa'eed from TAR10 were a vivacious team. I had so much betting on them to reach the final three in 2006. :'(

idk but Joanna Ward on Survivor was amazing

I don't remember Bilal & Sa'eed mentioning religion at all :lol:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2015, 11:13:24 PM »
Bilal & Sa'eed specifically said in their introduction that they would not hesitate to take five minutes on the side of the road to pray. They also informed Kellie & Jamie that they could not shake hands because of their religion. And I could be mistaken on this, but I think they mentioned that the "creator" has control over everything when they were eliminated.

But yes, I still stand that they deserve to be in an all-stars/returning cast season.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »
Bilal & Sa'eed specifically said in their introduction that they would not hesitate to take five minutes on the side of the road to pray. They also informed Kellie & Jamie that they could not shake hands because of their religion. And I could be mistaken on this, but I think they mentioned that the "creator" has control over everything when they were eliminated.

But yes, I still stand that they deserve to be in an all-stars/returning cast season.

Didn't it even show them praying in the airport before they got their flight?  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2015, 10:24:22 AM »
Yes.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2015, 11:04:57 PM »

lol I do not remember anything about them clearly then. oh well, doesn't matter.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »

lol I do not remember anything about them clearly then. oh well, doesn't matter.
They were eliminated before the first Leg even finished (midpoint elimination twist) so I can understand why.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
I have somehow lost interest in TAR... I have seen it from the first episode I saw which got me hooked, but S25, I stopped watching it, and I have seen nothing from S26... IDK, I feel something there is not fitting for me anymore, they need something fresh...

I would love to see more FFs, but more powers and even the Intersection so we can see, once again, more strategy and cooperation between teams. I feel that S4 and 5 were super nice, but I am not feeling hooked recently. Hopefully I watch some episodes this season and feel like watching it as in older seasons <3

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2015, 11:05:35 AM »
I have somehow lost interest in TAR... I have seen it from the first episode I saw which got me hooked, but S25, I stopped watching it, and I have seen nothing from S26... IDK, I feel something there is not fitting for me anymore, they need something fresh...

I would love to see more FFs, but more powers and even the Intersection so we can see, once again, more strategy and cooperation between teams. I feel that S4 and 5 were super nice, but I am not feeling hooked recently. Hopefully I watch some episodes this season and feel like watching it as in older seasons <3

If u watch S26 skipp episode 1 & 2  :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »

I think what is going wrong in the "interest rates" is how there are not many moments to keep us asking NEW questions. It's almost always the same general thoughts now:
•Who will get Philiminated?
•Who will win the Leg/the race?
•Who will struggle the most in this task?
•Who will use the 2x U-Turn/who are the Double U-Turned?
•Will X&Y have another quarrel or will they be butter & bread?

In the pre-HD older seasons, we raised questions about various race and promotional moments that kept us engaged to see what will happen next. For example: season 14, along with the above wonders, had unique scenarios that hooked us for the next episode including original thrills like Swiss cheese hill and Austrian Folly.
•How far will Margie & Luke go in the race? (Pre-show promo)
•Does Linda find her way back to Steve in Leg 2?
•Can Tammy & Victor get out of the Romanian forest?
•Will Mark & Michael ever learn their lesson?
•How will Kisha & Jen and Margie & Luke treat each other after the body-check?
•Will the language barrier in the second half of Beijing mix the teams drastically?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2015, 08:44:30 PM »

This is the truth for me as well. I'm in the exact same boat. The finale of TAR 24 was still the most recent episode I have seen, and I haven't even bothered to try and watch TARs 19-21.

One of my many big pet peeves: Why is every U-turn now a DOUBLE U-turn? Wasn't a plain old U-turn good enough? I think two teams being U-turned at once is just too much.

And yes, the Fast Forwards should come back. I don't even have to watch the show these days to know they aren't doing them as much anymore.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2015, 05:59:19 AM »
I think TAR is killing the mood on "who won the leg?" and "who got eliminated?" sometimes. We should have this drama on every single episode, but sometimes they just kill it. Like Germany Leg 5. Aly & Steve was a obvious win and Bergen & Kurt was a obvious loss.

Make that edit better and most exciting!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline MrAirSonic

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2015, 07:35:05 AM »
When people don't learn how to drive a damn stick shift. Like, that's Amazing Race 101  :groan:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2015, 08:30:02 AM »
Another pet peeve that just popped into my mind: Why did TAR not reveal the full details and mechanics of the Save?  :gaah:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2015, 09:45:49 AM »
UGH... I hate the usage of taxi in the freaking final leg especially when taxi was the deciding factor to win or get mid-leg eliminated.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2015, 11:52:33 PM »
Another pet peeve that just popped into my mind: Why did TAR not reveal the full details and mechanics of the Save?  :gaah:
This times infinity. I get irritated when TAR leaves very vague descriptions of its twists and locations. :gaah: :didimiss:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2015, 06:40:35 PM »
re: self driving in the finale - with $1,000,000 a matter of hours/minutes away plus the stress of racing in an unfamiliar city with little food or sleep would you expect.teams to do silly things like follow traffic laws? Last year we were lucky that Brobbie just got hopelessly lost and that no one got into an accident of some sort.

Easiest answer is to provide drivers and maps and tell teams to figure it out.

Random pet peeve: teams narrating Route Infos instead of Phil - some teams absolutely butcher it and yet they're usually the ones in first at the time.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2015, 08:32:22 PM »
Random pet peeve: teams narrating Route Infos instead of Phil - some teams editors absolutely butcher it and yet they're usually the ones in first at the time.