Author Topic: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?  (Read 36058 times)

Offline bubbha

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »
When the location they show on the outside or in aerial shots is NOT the same place as where the contestants are.

For instance, in Ep. 4 of TAR26, the contestants were praying at some minor temple in the middle of Thonburi, but the aerial shots showed Wat Saket (the Golden Mount).

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 08:53:58 PM »
When basketball is more important than TAR...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 06:51:40 AM »
I have so many TAR Pet Peeves that I want to bitch and moan.  :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: (:;) (:;) (:;)

Route: Lackluster route like TAR21 (First half was all basically third world countries scenic leg.) and TAR24 (First 8 leg was the 4 consecutive double leg in one country).

Task: Uninspired, unbalanced, ridiculous, boring, dull or easy task like TAR16 Chile 2, TAR16 France 1 WW1 Detour, TAR18 Austria Chimney RB, TAR20 Tanzania 1 minute Jumping, TAR21 Indonesia task, TAR21 & TAR24 Spain bull task, every Switchback task so far (except My Ox is Broken switchback IMO), and more...

Cast: I have problem with the cast especially on the M/M team and M/F team.
1) Rude, Douche, or Obnoxious: Reichen & Chip, Jonathan & Victoria, BJ & Tyler, Eric & Jeremy, Globetrotters, Cowboy Jet, Louie & Michael, Art & JJ, and more...
2) Boring: David & Jeff, Kris & Jon, TK & Rachel, Toni & Dallas, Gary & Matt, Jeremy & Sandy, ...
3) Please no/less gimmick or (semi) famous celebrity/mactor into TAR, we want more normal and real people in TAR. (Eg. Linda & Karen, Oswald & Danny, Tammy & Victor, Nat & Kat, JenKisha, Chuck & Wyona, Shelly & Nici, Amy & Maya, Hayley & Blair, CJ & Lebya, Jeff & Lyda, ...)

Editing: Editing was gone down south since TAR18 or TAR19 (Background music has been cheesy & fun and not dramatic, anticlimactic editing, Pit Stop editing, TBC editing, ...)

Twist: U-Turn (Placing RIGHT before the Pit Stop or placing in the leg that U-Turned team was 100% impossible to catch up), Speedbump (90%++ was too easy, while the other was ridiculously tricky that the Speedbump team was impossible to catch up).

I'm done. :lol:

Update

TAR always going to to the same countries or the same region and cities (UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, Italy, Chile, Argentina, Moscow & Saint Petersburg in Russia, Java Islands in Indonesia, Istanbul in Turkey, Phuket & Bangkok in Thailand, Beijing & Shanghai in China, Tokyo & Osaka in Japan, Sydney & Auckland in Australia & NZ respectively).

TAR ignored these countries and regions that haven't visit or visited very long ago and never wanted to come back: Cyprus, Iceland, Ireland, Portugal (Until TAR 23), Luxembourg, Andorra, Finland, Greece, Baltic countries, Central Europe countries (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia), Balkan / ex-Yugoslavian countries, Caucacus countries, Sardinia Island in Meditarrien Sea, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ethiopia, Madagascar, South Africa, Nepal, Maldives, Laos, Philippines (Until TAR 25), Siberia / Russian Far East, Kyushu region & Hokkaido region in Japan, South Korea, Melbourne in Australia, NZ South Island (until TAR 22).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 07:02:21 AM by naejae91 »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »
I have so many TAR Pet Peeves that I want to bitch and moan.  :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: (:;) (:;) (:;)

Route: Lackluster route like TAR21 (First half was all basically third world countries scenic leg.) and TAR24 (First 8 leg was the 4 consecutive double leg in one country).

Task: Uninspired, unbalanced, ridiculous, boring, dull or easy task like TAR16 Chile 2, TAR16 France 1 WW1 Detour, TAR18 Austria Chimney RB, TAR20 Tanzania 1 minute Jumping, TAR21 Indonesia task, TAR21 & TAR24 Spain bull task, every Switchback task so far (except My Ox is Broken switchback IMO), and more...

1) Rude, Douche, or Obnoxious: Reichen & Chip, Jonathan & Victoria, BJ & Tyler, Eric & Jeremy, Globetrotters, Cowboy Jet, Louie & Michael, Art & JJ, and more...
2) Boring: David & Jeff, Kris & Jon, TK & Rachel, Toni & Dallas, Gary & Matt, Jeremy & Sandy, ...
3) Please no/less gimmick or (semi) famous celebrity/mactor into TAR, we want more normal and real people in TAR. (Eg. Linda & Karen, Oswald & Danny, Tammy & Victor, Nat & Kat, JenKisha, Chuck & Wyona, Shelly & Nici, Amy & Maya, Hayley & Blair, CJ & Lebya, Jeff & Lyda, ...)

Editing: Editing was gone down south since TAR18 or TAR19 (Background music has been cheesy & fun and not dramatic, anticlimactic editing, Pit Stop editing, TBC editing, ...)

Twist: U-Turn (Placing RIGHT before the Pit Stop or placing in the leg that U-Turned team was 100% impossible to catch up), Speedbump (90%++ was too easy, while the other was ridiculously tricky that the Speedbump team was impossible to catch up).

Update

TAR always going to to the same countries or the same region and cities (UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, Italy, Chile, Argentina, Moscow & Saint Petersburg in Russia, Java Islands in Indonesia, Istanbul in Turkey, Phuket & Bangkok in Thailand, Beijing & Shanghai in China, Tokyo & Osaka in Japan, Sydney & Auckland in Australia & NZ respectively).

TAR ignored these countries and regions that haven't visit or visited very long ago and never wanted to come back: Cyprus, Iceland, Ireland, Portugal (Until TAR 23), Luxembourg, Andorra, Finland, Greece, Baltic countries, Central Europe countries (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia), Balkan / ex-Yugoslavian countries, Caucacus countries, Sardinia Island in Meditarrien Sea, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ethiopia, Madagascar, South Africa, Nepal, Maldives, Laos, Philippines (Until TAR 25), Siberia / Russian Far East, Kyushu region & Hokkaido region in Japan, South Korea, Melbourne in Australia, NZ South Island (until TAR 22).

They only visit Shanghai & Beijing / Hong Kong, Kunming, Lijiang & Guangzhou
Tokyo & Osaka / Nagano & Hiroshima
Java Indonesia / What about Bali

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 11:54:35 AM »

Update

They only visit Shanghai & Beijing / Hong Kong, Kunming, Lijiang & Guangzhou
Tokyo & Osaka / Nagano & Hiroshima
Java Indonesia / What about Bali

1) Out of 11 visits to China, 10 seasons visits are involved big metropolitan cities in China (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, HK). Where is other exotic and historical cities like Xi'an in TAR6, Lijang-Kunming in TAR18?

2) Same as China, all 7 visits to Japan are always involved big metropolitan cities (Tokyo and Osaka) with AT LEAST a task been done which I CANNOT tolerate at all unless they used as transit point to other Japanese suburb or historical cities without any task been done in Tokyo and Osaka. Where is Kyoto, Nagoya, Hokkaido Island, Kyushu Islands, and so on?

3) As for Indonesia, 3 out of 4 visits are in Java Island (Yogyakarta, Surabaya, Bandung), Bali is the only non Java Island visit which was the best Indonesia leg at that time until the double Bandung leg appears in next season. Oh come on, Indonesia was so big and diverse, and yet they keep on back to Java Island and do ****ty and awful legs there. (Of course Bandung been excluded) Not to mention they still didn't have a freakin legit Jakarta leg there.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 05:55:10 PM »
2) Same as China, all 7 visits to Japan are always involved big metropolitan cities (Tokyo and Osaka) with AT LEAST a task been done which I CANNOT tolerate at all unless they used as transit point to other Japanese suburb or historical cities without any task been done in Tokyo and Osaka. Where is Kyoto, Nagoya, Hokkaido Island, Kyushu Islands, and so on?
The Japanese game shows from 20 and 23 :gaah:
I enjoyed Wasabi Roulette, but I'd be happier if the task didn't have its own spin-off.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »
When basketball is more important than TAR...
This times ∞

I'm having TAR withdrawal syndrome. lol
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2015, 06:25:48 PM »
But you can't go wrong with that Japanese host. Imo, he should have hosted TAR Asia *bricked*
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 09:40:38 AM »
I enjoyed Wasabi Roulette, but I'd be happier if the task didn't have its own spin-off.

This. I already frustrated with the gimmick type Japanese game shows task since 20. Apparently the game host was come back in 26 as samurai on the sa'ke Detour (which I also criticized for the task being ridiculously easy). So I think he will appeared again in TAR29 Japan visit for some other wacky/cheesy task.(The every 3 season visit to Japan trend since TAR9 which is not my favourite as well as it tend to be overused soon. Where is South Korea and Taiwan?).

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 03:43:10 PM »

This. I already frustrated with the gimmick type Japanese game shows task since 20. Apparently the game host was come back in 26 as samurai on the sa'ke Detour (which I also criticized for the task being ridiculously easy). So I think he will appeared again in TAR29 Japan visit for some other wacky/cheesy task.(The every 3 season visit to Japan trend since TAR9 which is not my favourite as well as it tend to be overused soon. Where is South Korea and Taiwan?).

I do agree with the fact that the countries being visited are the same. Let's stop seing Japan I want South Korea and Taiwan and we need India it's been two long since the drama of India in Varanasi / Cochin doesn't count

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 09:29:58 AM »
When teams like Bergen & Kurt can't drive and kill all suspense  :gaah:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2015, 12:37:40 PM »
More like when people like Kurt make the show (:;)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2015, 06:58:03 PM »
More like when people like Kurt make the show (:;)
Completely agree. If he wanted to find the love of his life, he should have turned to Events & Adventures Singles Club, a gay bar, or a vacation planned by his own hands. I guarantee he would be much happier going out on his own time than entrusting a TV program that has <1% of success finding a perfect partner (Mallory & Mark trainwreck comes to mind). It's his apathy about running the race that made me dislike him.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2015, 06:20:58 AM »
Title Quotes. I have not enjoyed a TAR title quote since "Your Tan Is Totally Cool" from TAR22 TBH.

Where are the classics like "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War" (TAR11) and "Run Babushka Run" (TAR17)?

It seems like they don't even try these days :res:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2015, 08:21:03 AM »
I liked You're Taking My Tan Off from TAR 25. Nothing from 23 and 24... but wow, I actually like a lot from TAR 22: Business in the Front, Party in the Back, Your Tan is Totally Cool, Be Safe and Don't Hit a Cow, and My Cheese is Out of Control.

I agree though, these days, they try too hard to make the quotes as simplistic and relevant to the leg as possible without any humor.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 11:09:50 AM »
"Part like the Red Sea" is pretty cool IMO.  :res:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »
I at least think these newer ones are better than the ones in TAR4, because those were just way too long in general

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 06:45:26 AM »
I'm Surrounded by Ninjas  :funny:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2015, 10:10:42 AM »

Does this quote almost the same as "Taste Like a Minion Dollars" in TAR17 where Nat & Kat perform the sheep head eating FF?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2015, 06:39:42 PM »
When editors don't even bother broadcasting the teams completing and getting their next clue after said tasks.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2015, 09:01:06 AM »
I just remembered something. :umn:
Remember back in the earlier seasons when the NELs were on the latter half of the season? I just hate those! :gaah: They're annoying. :groan: They eliminate the first 5 to 6 teams in a row, and then they have a final 5 NEL, final 4 NEL, and a final 3 NEL. :wall: :hammer :crazy: A final 3 NEL. :ahat:

I like TAR18's pre-determined elimination points. It's spread out in a way that the first half of the season had 2 non-elimination points, then they reserve the last NEL on the F6. :conf: :colors :trampb: It's not like the usual season's F5 or F4 where there's a 50-50 chance of guessing where the NEL is. :whoop: #SuspenseKiller

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2015, 12:23:42 PM »
^ OMG I was always so annoyed by that watching older seasons!! They would ALWAYS have a F4 or F5 NEL, if not both. Like, it was always so predictable and not interesting at all, was it done to lower budget?.. Because that's the only logical reason I can think of and it's still pretty dumb. :umn:
Those F3 NELs (IIRC they had those 2 or 3 times) were just out of this world  :furious: How can they expect the racers and viewers NOT to guess that? And what's the point, to have another (fake) finale leg? Sometimes these weren't even done in the US (TAR9), so the NEL was so obvious..

It's just so :tantrum

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2015, 06:19:12 PM »
I just remembered something. :umn:
Remember back in the earlier seasons when the NELs were on the latter half of the season? I just hate those! :gaah: They're annoying. :groan: They eliminate the first 5 to 6 teams in a row, and then they have a final 5 NEL, final 4 NEL, and a final 3 NEL. :wall: :hammer :crazy: A final 3 NEL. :ahat:

I like TAR18's pre-determined elimination points. It's spread out in a way that the first half of the season had 2 non-elimination points, then they reserve the last NEL on the F6. :conf: :colors :trampb: It's not like the usual season's F5 or F4 where there's a 50-50 chance of guessing where the NEL is. :whoop: #SuspenseKiller
So I'm guessing TAR15 ticked you off. :iok

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2015, 08:26:19 AM »
When the best team ever is beat In a surfing competition

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2015, 10:25:06 AM »
So I'm guessing TAR15 ticked you off. :iok

In a way... there was an F11 NEL though. :umn: I was only able to watch TAR15 a few years after it first aired, so since I had spoilers, I think there was a different feeling compared to watching TAR on time.