Author Topic: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?  (Read 36220 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2016, 01:56:16 PM »
Recently, I realized that I find it annoying when a team wins 5 legs in a row. (e.g. Paul & Steve, Justin & Diana) It makes the team dominate and give less chances to others. I know it's a race and it's actually good for the team that they're winning so much, but it just ruins the season in such a way.

Another one I noticed recently is when a season has 4 to 5 elimination legs straight. The worst was in TAR12 when there were 6, it was unfair to the 6th place team for just having raced 6 legs. There might even be 7, but I can't remember, and I probably wouldn't have bothered back then, knowing that NELs are just common towards the end of the race. Back to my point on 4 to 5 straight eliminations, while recently watching TAR28 and TAR Aus 1, seeing 4 to 5 teams go home straight in a row makes the game feel like it's about to finish faster. Weirdly enough, I feel exhausted when so many teams get eliminated in a row, especially when I watch TAR Aus 1 as a marathon. :lol: I don't like many straight eliminations, or at least have more NELs early in the race.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:21:44 AM by Platrium »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2016, 02:08:18 PM »
Tasks with fake animals or fake other stuff. And when that happens, the editors always include a quote like "I thought it would be a real horse." Which shows that even the show is acnowledging how lame that it.
I could go on and on and rant about more, it's just that is my number 1 pet-peeve. I'll find time some day to unleash it all. I wish I could take over the show and make it better than it is today.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2016, 05:07:51 PM »
I have somehow lost interest in TAR... I have seen it from the first episode I saw which got me hooked, but S25, I stopped watching it, and I have seen nothing from S26... IDK, I feel something there is not fitting for me anymore, they need something fresh...

I would love to see more FFs, but more powers and even the Intersection so we can see, once again, more strategy and cooperation between teams. I feel that S4 and 5 were super nice, but I am not feeling hooked recently. Hopefully I watch some episodes this season and feel like watching it as in older seasons <3

If you haven't watched anything from 25 on, how would you know if there has been anything fresh or not??  :gaah:

You might be surprised and find something to like.  :conf:

This season's route has been awesome, for instance.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2016, 12:38:43 AM »
When teams make any form of geographical blunder.  If I was on the Race, I am not going to be nice to you. 

Also, when teams are saved by multiple NELs.  Each team should only be saved once.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2016, 02:12:07 AM »
When teams make any form of geographical blunder.  If I was on the Race, I am not going to be nice to you. 

Also, when teams are saved by multiple NELs.  Each team should only be saved once.

WE'RE GOING TO CUBA!  :hearts:

Colombia –_-

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2016, 02:30:25 AM »

WE'RE GOING TO CUBA!  :hearts:

Colombia –_-

If your wife has to correct you on that, then you need to go back to school.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2016, 03:50:26 AM »
IDK why but it feels so condescending to automatically hate a team just because they're a bit geographically challenged :res:

What if they were people unable to learn geography properly in the American Public School system? :res:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2016, 02:09:24 PM »
IDK why but it feels so condescending to automatically hate a team just because they're a bit geographically challenged :res:

What if they were people unable to learn geography properly in the American Public School system? :res:

I don't hate the team, trust me I'm not as bad as some, many Brits have big stereotypes of Americans that they're dumb, ignorant, think America is the best place!

I know this is not true and I realise that the geography classes are terrible!  :funny:

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2016, 02:45:34 PM »

I'm sorry, but if I was on the show with a partner and I lost to a team who thought London was a country, my first thought would be, "I can't believe we lost to a bunch of idiots."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:47:38 PM by ghmorello »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »
I'm sorry, but if I was on the show with a partner and I lost to a team who thought London was a country, my first thought would be, "I can't believe we lost to a bunch of edited."

Oh, don't mind me. I'm offended by the use of the bolded word. I've had that problem for quite some time now.

I did have a major pet peeve about a half-dozen seasons (or so) ago - the cast always had one beauty queen. Then the cast was a little more diversified. Less beauty queens made me happy.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:50:20 PM by Mandoli »
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2016, 04:37:24 PM »
I'm sorry, but if I was on the show with a partner and I lost to a team who thought London was a country, my first thought would be, "I can't believe we lost to a bunch of retards."

Oh, don't mind me. I'm offended by the use of the bolded word. I've had that problem for quite some time now.

I did have a major pet peeve about a half-dozen seasons (or so) ago - the cast always had one beauty queen. Then the cast was a little more diversified. Less beauty queens made me happy.

ghmorello, what is wrong with you? Calling people the R word just because they don't know geography? WTF? :res:

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2016, 04:55:48 PM »
I'm sorry, but if I was on the show with a partner and I lost to a team who thought London was a country, my first thought would be, "I can't believe we lost to a bunch of retards."

ghmorello, what is wrong with you? Calling people the R word just because they don't know geography? WTF? :res:

Sorry, it's just my inner frustration to today's society.  BTW, I'm not ableist since I'm diagnosed with Asperger's. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2016, 05:42:24 PM »
We don't call anyone a retard here, please edit. :tup:

Then moving on please!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2016, 05:47:01 PM »
Changed.

Offline Ozzymayhem4

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2016, 01:18:14 AM »
Damn, I hate it when Phil is like "(team name here) is standing right behind me grabbing their next clue for a De-Tour", I mean just explain the De-Tour and go away, you don't need to whore yourself down out throats, we want to see the teams

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2016, 10:07:09 PM »
Damn, I hate it when Phil is like "(team name here) is standing right behind me grabbing their next clue for a De-Tour", I mean just explain the De-Tour and go away
I totally agree with this. I don't want to hear NFL-style play-by-play announcements on the show. It's a distraction.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2016, 10:13:58 PM »
Damn, I hate it when Phil is like "(team name here) is standing right behind me grabbing their next clue for a De-Tour", I mean just explain the De-Tour and go away
I totally agree with this. I don't want to hear NFL-style play-by-play announcements on the show. It's a distraction.
I like to think that this segment took away the calling of all Pit Stop placements. :groan:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2016, 07:11:49 AM »
Horrible leg designs. :res:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2016, 07:41:51 AM »
In fairness of leg design, the old seasons have really bad ones. But back then a bad leg does not equal a bad episode.

Now unfortunately, that's no longer the case. :(

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2016, 09:18:38 PM »
I like to think that this segment took away the calling of all Pit Stop placements. :groan:
But now we know it's not just that segment. The missing "You are team number ___" happened on  tonight's episode with the 3rd and 4th place teams when there were five teams left, and Phil was quick tonight announcing the route and tasks. It's just scenes that show sidetrack conversations and sometimes unnecessary comments (AKA drawn out Pit Stop chatter). Editing used to be pretty fast paced and focused on the race.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2016, 09:19:52 PM »
I miss Phil showing us details about the country they were presently in at the Pit Start instead of random unnecessary eat, sleep, mingle moments =/

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2016, 09:21:42 PM »
I miss Phil showing us details about the country they were presently in at the Pit Start instead of random unnecessary eat, sleep, mingle moments =/
what might have been

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2016, 09:23:18 PM »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2016, 12:00:57 PM »

I thought in the early seasons, they showed a little bit of the "in between" stuff. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score