Author Topic: HG~Scott Long  (Read 5542 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
HG~Scott Long
« on: July 01, 2004, 08:59:12 PM »
Scott Long, 26
Single
Sales Representative
Pittsburgh, Pa.

bio
What is your motto?
No pain, no fame

What three adjectives best describe you?
Savage, outgoing, relaxed

Who is your personal hero?
Anyone who puts their heart on the line for something they believe in

Why did you want to be on BIG BROTHER?
$500,000; exposure; to be an American icon!

What strengths do you bring to BIG BROTHER?
Open and great heart, funny and easy going, yet strong and in control

What weaknesses do you bring to BIG BROTHER?
Being looked at as a threat based on looks

What comfort item from home will you miss the most?
My body pillow! Can't sleep without it.

What type of news from the outside world will you miss the most?
Sports! Also, the Olympics and hearing about the brave men and women in our military.

Do you tend to perform better in physical or mental competitions?
I'm 6'4", 210 and very smart, so I'd say both!

How do you plan to win BIG BROTHER?
Openness and friendliness, being everyone's best friend, and having a deceitful strategy!

What is your biggest fear as you begin BIG BROTHER?
The unexpected--before and after it's done.

favorites~
Films: Cocktail, Troy, Dumb & Dumber, Zoolander

TV shows: MXC, Sportscenter, The O'Reilly Factor, Friends

Actors: Paul Walker, Kevin Costner, Brad Pitt

Actresses: Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, anyone hot

Bands: Coldplay, Eminem, The Clarks, any 80s music

Hobbies: Lifting, eating food, being cool

Sports to Play: Wakeboarding, surfing, basketball

Sports Teams: Pitt, Steelers, Real Madrid, Team USA!

Outdoor Activities: Boating, jet skiing, outdoor shopping

Music: Everything motivational & easy going is good also

Cereals: Raisin Bran, Cookie Crisp

Snack Foods: Jerky, fruit, cheese, GNC

Cookies: Mmm, chocolate chip

Candy Bars: No favorite

Alcoholic Drinks: Apple martini, any shot, Diet & rum

Non-Alcoholic: Water, Slurpees, HUGS

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: HG~Scott Long
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 06:47:20 PM »

Kiski Area grad eyes 'Big Brother 5' prize

Scott on Scott

The following are Scott Long's responses to several questions posted on the "Big Brother 5" Web site, www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother5:
What is your motto? "No pain, no fame."

What three adjectives best describe you? "Savage, outgoing, relaxed."

Why did you want to be on "Big Brother?" "$500,000; exposure; to be an American icon!"

What strengths do you bring to "Big Brother?" "Open and great heart, funny and easy going, yet strong and in control."

What weaknesses to you bring to "Big Brother?" "Being looked as a threat based on looks."

How do you plan to win "Big Brother?" "Openness and friendliness, being everyone's best friend, and having a deceitful strategy!"

When to watch

"Big Brother 5" airs on CBS at 9 pm. Tuesdays and Saturdays, and at 8 p.m. Thursdays.

Link to Scott's picture on website: www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother5/guests/scott/index.shtml.

By Liz Hayes
VALLEY NEWS DISPATCH
Monday, July 19, 2004

GILPIN -- Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night, Donna and Henry Long tune in to CBS to watch "Big Brother 5."
Donna Long also watches the live web casts that allow viewers to see behind-the-scenes action. She scours the Internet for commentary on the show.

Although it may seem like the Longs have an unhealthy obsession with the reality television show, they have a good reason: Their 25-year-old son Scott is one of the 13 contestants vying for the show's grand prize of $500,000.

"We watched 'Big Brother' on and off before, but we weren't faithful viewers," Donna Long said Friday from her riverside home in Gilpin. "Now we're glued to it."

Long said they knew Scott, a 1997 Kiski Area High School graduate and current Shadyside resident, auditioned for the show, but assumed it was a long shot he'd be selected.

However, Donna said Scott didn't get to break the news of his acceptance to the family himself.

"CBS told us," she said. "They only gave him an hour to pack. We haven't talked to him about it at all."

Although Long's parents can't talk to him, they see him three times a week without fail. Often, other friends and family members come over to watch the show with them.

"We've got a ritual," Donna Long said. "Everybody's absolutely silent when the show is on, then we're going 100 miles an hour during the commercials.

"The first night, I couldn't stop pacing. It's intense," she said.

Long said she has been shocked at times by her son's actions, but is trying to keep things in perspective: "We just have to remember it's a game. He's going to do whatever he can to win."

Scott Long has worked in sales since his 2002 graduation from the University of Pittsburgh, where he was a walk-on football player and earned a business degree.

At 6 feet, 4 inches tall, Long said her son was a natural at basketball and played in high school and during his first two years of college at Pitt's Greensburg campus.

Scott Long also enjoys lifting weights and water sports, his mother said.

"He never stops amazing us with what he will do next," Donna Long said. "This has topped the cake so far."

Long said she doesn't know what her son would do with the prize money if he wins, but hopes it opens some doors for him.

"Whatever happens, it's a great opportunity," she said. "I just hope he's having fun."

Liz Hayes can be reached at ehayes@tribweb.com or (724) 226-4680.

Back to headlines
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynewsdispatch/news/armstrong/s_204097.html

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 09:00:50 AM »
Interesting... I did not know that they only get an hour to pack.. surprised they have half the stuff they do.

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 09:01:54 AM »
I would forget everything important if I only got an hour!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 02:20:20 PM »
Well it explains alot ..like why we see them everyday in the same clothes..the guys are always borrowing Will's clothes for the live shows and the girls are sharing too..Lori seems to have packed the most stuff.

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 03:01:42 PM »
But we all know that isnt scotts problem...he just likes to look at himself as naked as BB producers will let him be or to let America look at him naked!  lol

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 03:02:28 PM »
I FORGOT TO MENTION...GOOD THING HE KEEPS HIS PANTS ON, (BUT WE KNOW WHY, THE SIGHT ISNT SO HOT)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 03:12:19 PM »
To funny Pittgirl ..LOL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 08:49:42 PM »

'Big Brother 5' evicts Allegheny Township native

CBS Primetime- Big Brother 5

By Liz Hayes
VALLEY NEWS DISPATCH
Saturday, August 7, 2004

Scott Long says he'd like the chance to compete on another reality show, even though his dreams didn't come true on "Big Brother 5."
Long, an Allegheny Township native and Shadyside resident, on Thursday was the fourth of the original 13 house guests to be voted off the CBS television show.

A member of the "Four Horsemen" -- an alliance formed with three other men on the show -- Long said Friday he thought he had secured enough votes to prevent his eviction.

"I expected Adria, a.k.a. Natalie, to help me out," Long said. "I was completely surprised. I expected it to be 4-3 in my favor."

Cast member Adria announced Thursday that her identical twin, Natalie, had been switching places with her and would become a permanent house guest alongside Adria.

Long said he thought from the beginning his chances of winning the $500,000 grand prize were slim because he posed too big of a threat to the other contestants.

"I was the biggest guy there, and I was the most intelligent," he said. "There was not too many brains in the house this year." :)*

Even though it ended earlier than he wished, Long said he enjoyed the experience and wouldn't turn down another chance at reality television.

"I now want to play the character I am in real life," he said. "People don't see what you're really like. You're playing a game."

Long said he played a jock for "Big Brother," drawing on his experience as a basketball player at Kiski Area School District and a walk-on football player for the University of Pittsburgh.

Long also said he's made some lasting friendships, including with his fellow horsemen: Jase, Drew and Michael, or "Cowboy."

"Jase, Drew and I talked about moving to Los Angeles," Long said. "And I'll be at Cowboy's wedding in December.

"I've got a lot of loyalty to my friends."

After the show Thursday, Long said he finally got a chance to talk to his parents, who he hasn't been able to contact since "Big Brother" started in early July.

"I checked my voice mail for the first time in weeks last night," he said. "There were some pretty crazy messages."

Long said he'll be coming home to the Pittsburgh area this weekend, but will probably need to head back out to Hollywood for the show's finale.

He also hopes to pursue any acting or entertainment opportunities that come his way.

"I think I have a good shot at work out here."

Liz Hayes can be reached at ehayes@tribweb.com or (724) 226-4680.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynewsdispatch/news/s_207112.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 01:19:58 AM »

BB5's "Savage" Scott Axed 

by Angel Cohn

Scott Long

Last Thursday, Big Brother 5's female houseguests banded together to oust Scott "Savage" Long. This definitely hurt his testosterone-driven allies, the so-called Four Horsemen, and their plans to trample the competition. Down one man thanks to those fickle fillies, the three remaining Horsemen — Jase, Drew and Michael (aka Cowboy) — are ripe to be thrown. Here, the devious 25-year-old Pittsburgh native wishes his old comrades luck, defends his original deception and reveals why Adria and Natalie's twin scheme upset him so much.

TV Guide Online: Why'd the twin twist freak you out so badly?
Scott Long: I'm taking it harder than I thought I would. I was upset because I felt I had a big part in saving Adria. Just the whole fact that it was [a lie was] the ultimate betrayal. I fell into that. I used my heart in the game, and as you can see, I got a little more open and a little more truthful to people as the game went on. I said to the a producer after the show, "You know what? If it wasn't for me, in a way, you wouldn't have your big twist right now." He was like, "You are right." I provided a lot of the ratings.

TVGO: You and Jase were entertaining.
Scott: God, I can only imagine what you guys have seen.

TVGO: Well, I've heard that those who have the live feed have seen, ahem, a lot of you.
Scott: [Laughs] We'll keep that on the down low. It's crazy stuff.

TVGO: Speaking of crazy, what's with the weird costumes you and Jase wore to the veto ceremony?
Scott: I was Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber and Jase was from Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. I can't wait to see that. My dad, when he saw that, said he about cr---ed his pants. It was funny, though.

TVGO: Are you upset with the girls for voting you out?
Scott: I am upset, but it's a game. When I left that house, I promised I would keep it in the house, but it affects you. You start questioning your own character and your own judgment. But I'm the one walking out of there with the heart and with the loyalty to the group. They are the ones that are lying and deceiving. I think that I'd rather be a better man than a richer man.

TVGO: According to your initial fabrication, you are already a rich man and didn't need the prize money!
Scott: Yeah. That's where I really started learning that lying wasn't exactly right. I confessed to the Four Horsemen that I was lying.

TVGO: Who came up with that name?
Scott: I had the first alliance name, the Knights of the Round Table. Then Jase said, "I think the Four Horsemen sounds better." I guess [my idea] was a movie and we couldn't really use that. The Four Horsemen sounds good because Cowboy was a horseman. It fit us a little better.

TVGO: Any suggestions for a new name, since they are one man down?
Scott: The Three Stooges has already been taken. But I'd just have to say the Three Amigos because they are just going to be drunken idiots on tequila. They are not going to know what to do. I'm rooting for them, and I hope they can pull through, but my last image of Cowboy, Jase and Drew walking out that door was three guys with tears running down their eyes at the same time. I was like a fallen soldier to them. I walked out that door and my heart sunk. I felt like I let them down.

TVGO: What exactly was your relationship with Cowboy? He followed you around like a little puppy dog.
Scott: He was a good guy. He said to me, "A guy like you, outside in the real world, would never give a guy like me a chance to be a friend." I'm that guy. It ticks me off because people don't really see that; they don't look that far into the show. I'm friendly and I'll give anybody the time of day because we are all equal. I admire personalities, and Cowboy is one of the most amazing personalities that I have ever seen on a reality show. He is real and raw, and I think that he knew that I saw that in him and he appreciated that.
TVGO: Your mom seems shocked by some of your behavior. Have you talked to her?
Scott: The reason that she's so shocked is because that's not me. That was me on TV and that was me playing the game — that is not me. I'm a courteous, respectful guy, and very well mannered. I treat people right, the way they should be treated. I think that's why she was so surprised.

TVGO: Then where did the "Savage" nickname come from? That doesn't seem to match the personality you just described.
Scott: I'm a respectful, very nice guy, but I have a wild side to me, wilder than most people have ever seen. I'm kind of an extremist. I do the most insane stuff in the world. I'm honestly hurt on a weekly basis. I do some stupid stuff, so the nickname came from that.

by Angel Cohn

Scott Long

Last Thursday, Big Brother 5's female houseguests banded together to oust Scott "Savage" Long. This definitely hurt his testosterone-driven allies, the so-called Four Horsemen, and their plans to trample the competition. Down one man thanks to those fickle fillies, the three remaining Horsemen — Jase, Drew and Michael (aka Cowboy) — are ripe to be thrown. Here, the devious 25-year-old Pittsburgh native wishes his old comrades luck, defends his original deception and reveals why Adria and Natalie's twin scheme upset him so much.

TV Guide Online: Why'd the twin twist freak you out so badly?
Scott Long: I'm taking it harder than I thought I would. I was upset because I felt I had a big part in saving Adria. Just the whole fact that it was [a lie was] the ultimate betrayal. I fell into that. I used my heart in the game, and as you can see, I got a little more open and a little more truthful to people as the game went on. I said to the a producer after the show, "You know what? If it wasn't for me, in a way, you wouldn't have your big twist right now." He was like, "You are right." I provided a lot of the ratings.

TVGO: You and Jase were entertaining.
Scott: God, I can only imagine what you guys have seen.

TVGO: Well, I've heard that those who have the live feed have seen, ahem, a lot of you.
Scott: [Laughs] We'll keep that on the down low. It's crazy stuff.

TVGO: Speaking of crazy, what's with the weird costumes you and Jase wore to the veto ceremony?
Scott: I was Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber and Jase was from Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. I can't wait to see that. My dad, when he saw that, said he about cr---ed his pants. It was funny, though.

TVGO: Are you upset with the girls for voting you out?
Scott: I am upset, but it's a game. When I left that house, I promised I would keep it in the house, but it affects you. You start questioning your own character and your own judgment. But I'm the one walking out of there with the heart and with the loyalty to the group. They are the ones that are lying and deceiving. I think that I'd rather be a better man than a richer man.

TVGO: According to your initial fabrication, you are already a rich man and didn't need the prize money!
Scott: Yeah. That's where I really started learning that lying wasn't exactly right. I confessed to the Four Horsemen that I was lying.

TVGO: Who came up with that name?
Scott: I had the first alliance name, the Knights of the Round Table. Then Jase said, "I think the Four Horsemen sounds better." I guess [my idea] was a movie and we couldn't really use that. The Four Horsemen sounds good because Cowboy was a horseman. It fit us a little better.

TVGO: Any suggestions for a new name, since they are one man down?
Scott: The Three Stooges has already been taken. But I'd just have to say the Three Amigos because they are just going to be drunken idiots on tequila. They are not going to know what to do. I'm rooting for them, and I hope they can pull through, but my last image of Cowboy, Jase and Drew walking out that door was three guys with tears running down their eyes at the same time. I was like a fallen soldier to them. I walked out that door and my heart sunk. I felt like I let them down.

TVGO: What exactly was your relationship with Cowboy? He followed you around like a little puppy dog.
Scott: He was a good guy. He said to me, "A guy like you, outside in the real world, would never give a guy like me a chance to be a friend." I'm that guy. It ticks me off because people don't really see that; they don't look that far into the show. I'm friendly and I'll give anybody the time of day because we are all equal. I admire personalities, and Cowboy is one of the most amazing personalities that I have ever seen on a reality show. He is real and raw, and I think that he knew that I saw that in him and he appreciated that.
TVGO: Your mom seems shocked by some of your behavior. Have you talked to her?
Scott: The reason that she's so shocked is because that's not me. That was me on TV and that was me playing the game — that is not me. I'm a courteous, respectful guy, and very well mannered. I treat people right, the way they should be treated. I think that's why she was so surprised.

TVGO: Then where did the "Savage" nickname come from? That doesn't seem to match the personality you just described.
Scott: I'm a respectful, very nice guy, but I have a wild side to me, wilder than most people have ever seen. I'm kind of an extremist. I do the most insane stuff in the world. I'm honestly hurt on a weekly basis. I do some stupid stuff, so the nickname came from that.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/