Author Topic: TAR 27 - Pre-race Speculation: (No wishlists)  (Read 118724 times)

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
Re: TAR 27 - Pre-race Speculation: (No wishlists)
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2015, 07:01:05 PM »
The only "celebrities" (and I'm using that term loosely) that TAR will ever have are YouTube ones.
I think 'well-known' is a more fitting term.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2015, 07:20:42 PM »
The only "celebrities" (and I'm using that term loosely) that TAR will ever have are YouTube ones.

I'd say Bethany and Jonathan Knight are about the biggest celebrities TAR's had to date. She's had movies and books made about her, and has been in a couple of movies herself. He was part of a band that was a big deal back in the day.

And those are just the last 2 seasons, so this could be a new trend for TAR to cast bigger names.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2015, 08:50:19 PM »

I'd say Bethany and Jonathan Knight are about the biggest celebrities TAR's had to date. She's had movies and books made about her, and has been in a couple of movies herself. He was part of a band that was a big deal back in the day.

And those are just the last 2 seasons, so this could be a new trend for TAR to cast bigger names.

I know this is dating back to the relatively early days of TAR, but have we forgotten how many times Rob and Amber were recognized when they were racing? Or that during the various All Stars seasons nearly everybody was known to a significant portion of the people in the countries that were visited. Yet there were no ugly incidents. I probably shouldn't have quoted it to the above. It was aimed more towards TAR456's comments about danger to celebrities.

If you're worried about celebrities, some of the Asian, the Vietnamese and the Philippines versions are just about entirely celebrities and they have no problems.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:55:11 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2015, 09:53:05 PM »
If you're worried about celebrities, some of the Asian, the Vietnamese and the Philippines versions are just about entirely celebrities and they have no problems.

I'm worried, but not in that sense. I'm almost scared that the powers are going to overdo the celebs on TAR thing.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2015, 10:19:48 PM »
About danger to celebrities, I mean that celebrities in TAR may be robbed. But, you know, that celebrities that has been in TAR were less recognized by almost everyone. For example, Muslim countries would not know who is Maria & Tiffany, who are famous professional poker players. Also, nobody outside basketball fans and North America have known Harlem Globetrotters. The celebrities that are well known, are celebrities that is known by almost everyone in the world, like Ariana Grande, George Clooney, or anything that has been as actor in big role movies or famous TV series.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2015, 03:37:12 AM »
About danger to celebrities, I mean that celebrities in TAR may be robbed. But, you know, that celebrities that has been in TAR were less recognized by almost everyone. For example, Muslim countries would not know who is Maria & Tiffany, who are famous professional poker players. Also, nobody outside basketball fans and North America have known Harlem Globetrotters. The celebrities that are well known, are celebrities that is known by almost everyone in the world, like Ariana Grande, George Clooney, or anything that has been as actor in big role movies or famous TV series.

Who is Ariana Grande?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2015, 03:46:09 AM »

Who is Ariana Grande?

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERSON IN DA WORLD <33333333333333333333333333333333
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2015, 04:03:35 AM »
If you all read the TAR 27 media you will see when the Race is NOT starting.

Regardless of what others do...RFF DOES NOT REVEAL ANY CONTESTANTS BEFORE THE RACE STARTS. Particularly if they may not even be sequestered yet, as that could get someone eliminated before the race begins.

Sadly for the team involved, that sounds like what may have happened, if certain individuals are to be believed. Of course, it's easy to make up a non-spoiler spoiler like that and hard for others to disprove.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2015, 05:45:26 AM »
I think that the spoiler could be true considering how Survivor 32 is already revealed :lol:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2015, 01:14:56 PM »
If you all read the TAR 27 media you will see when the Race is NOT starting
So the race won't start June 1-3?
Technically they could if they pre recorded the speeches or whatever

But right now it seems they will start next weekend at the lastest
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2015, 01:46:41 PM »
Y'all are welcome to spec all you want.

Just remember RFF's Policy on this and do NOT repeat any CAST SPOILERS that may be revealed by anyone here. Fair warning.

We choose to NOT put any racers at risk of being eliminated.

Thanks for understanding!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
Who is Ariana Grande?

A very popular mainstream singer.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2015, 03:39:18 AM »
If you all read the TAR 27 media you will see when the Race is NOT starting
So the race won't start June 1-3?
Technically they could if they pre recorded the speeches or whatever

But right now it seems they will start next weekend at the lastest

June 6 will much likely to start filming with no later filming dates to meet (mid-June or early July).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:43:47 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2015, 05:54:50 PM »

I can see the race starting in the weekend, just like what claude says.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:07:52 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2015, 06:19:45 PM »
I see June 6 as the most probable start too
But you never know
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2015, 03:44:26 AM »
I need China penultimate leg again (14 did an amazing job with that, 16 are not too bad to)... Can they cast someone from Top Model as a racer, I mean it will be better than annoying Big Brother cast (Barf to Frankie).

I just can't wait for a new season.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2015, 05:31:31 AM »
I think that this season will be great season since season 7 and 17 are great and memorable. So can be repeated again?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2015, 02:56:52 AM »
Here's a simple speculation: TAR27 won't do the F4 twist done in the past 2 seasons.

I have a gut feeling China will be visited, since it really hasn't been visited in a while. Perhaps China would be around F6, F5, or F4 since TAR21 and TAR24 had China with all the 11 teams. Also, TAR26 started in Asia, so maybe they'd start off with South America, Europe, or Africa.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2015, 02:58:39 AM »
Here's a simple speculation: TAR27 won't do the F4 twist done in the past 2 seasons.

I have a gut feeling China will be visited, since it really hasn't been visited in a while. Perhaps China would be around F6, F5, or F4 since TAR21 and TAR24 had China with all the 11 teams. Also, TAR26 started in Asia, so maybe they'd start off with South America, Europe, or Africa.

If anything I could see a double elimination leg 11 but just my speculation. I highly doubt it though.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
South Korea now suffer the MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) virus outbreak, so it's too bad that South Korea will certainly not visited this season.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:31:00 AM by naejae91 »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2015, 08:35:18 AM »
South Korea now suffer the MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) virus outbreak, so it's too bad that South Korea will certainly not visited this season.
I was hoping for a South Korea visit, too  :(
Hopefully it wasn't meant to be visited this season because I don't want to possibly suffer with a bad replacement leg

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2015, 08:50:29 AM »
Hopefully it wasn't meant to be visited this season because I don't want to possibly suffer with a bad replacement leg

That's too bad for SoKor.

Hopefully, it will likely to be replaced with China and would particularly Beijing as the penultimate destination. Also we could get a Middle East leg.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2015, 09:08:45 AM »

That's too bad for SoKor.

Hopefully, it will likely to be replaced with China and would particularly Beijing as the penultimate destination. Also we could get a Middle East leg.

We might not get a Middle East leg/s as the MERS is from there.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2015, 09:13:45 AM »

When I saw the news, I have a bad feeling TAR27 will be TAR15 and TAR24 all over again with the various replacement leg which is sucks.  :gaah:

Btw the MERS virus outbreak in SoKor was mainly caused by SoKor traveller who just returned from Middle East area IIRC, so I think WRP will exclude Middle East visit and prohibited all the teams take the connecting flight via Middle East area in TAR27 for the safety purpose.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2015, 09:20:19 AM »
When I saw the news, I have a bad feeling TAR27 will be TAR15 and TAR24 all over again with the various replacement leg which is sucks.  :gaah:

Btw the MERS virus outbreak in SoKor was mainly caused by SoKor traveller who just returned from Middle East area IIRC, so I think WRP will exclude Middle East visit and prohibited all the teams take the connecting flight via Middle East area in TAR27 for the safety purpose.

So what if any of outbreak-free Middle East countries (not including ISIS conflicts) hoping a chance to visit. I saw on Wiki article about MERS corona outbreak in South Korea that Saudi Arabia won't visit for long.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:50:17 AM by claude_24hrs »