Author Topic: S30 Ep 1 Premiere--"It's Survivor Warfare" *SPOILERS*  (Read 9493 times)

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S30 Ep 1 Premiere--"It's Survivor Warfare" *SPOILERS*
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 10:32:25 PM »
This was my first time doing updates for Survivor, I hope I did good :)

You were AWESOME!! Thank you So much Phil!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2015, 10:35:29 PM »
Doubly sad for SO. To get a medical bump last time and then this....I would have liked to see more of her!!

Bet she regrets raising her hand.....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2015, 11:33:18 PM »
SOOOOOO NOOOOOO :( definite Francesca hogi redemption in your future, don't worry.

I don't want a first boot for So again :/

She was my preseason fave apart from Vince <3

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2015, 10:10:22 AM »
No way would she be first boot again if she came back...also, I actually had the impression that Tyler and Max hoped Carolyn would play her acclaimed idol since they gave So a ton of credit at tribal.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2015, 10:11:25 AM »
I'm actually not sad she's gone. Carolyn is the real star <3

I agree with this. I think Carolyn's really smart and witty!
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2015, 10:34:45 AM »
Would love Carolyn to win it all right now lol.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2015, 10:58:32 AM »
Well I gave it a shot. Idk why but it's kinda hard for me to enjoy Survivor. I kinda enjoyed last season because it was off with a great start and it just went flat for a while but then got interesting again towards the end.

Sure they're the "White Collar" but they all seemed very fragile. None of their guys looked strong enough physically to actually win a physical challenge, and their women are definitely useless. Wouldn't be surprised if the tribe kept losing like Coyopa did.

I'm sorta liking the No Collar so far. They had an interesting vibe. But idk I also kinda lost interest in watching. Can't tell who's who lol. I'd probably start watching again in post-merge when there's like 8 or 7 people remaining. Adios!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2015, 02:23:20 PM »
Uh, I didn't want White Collar to lose, I love everyone on White Collar tbh.
this except Joaquin

Same.
+1

I was hoping for Joaquin to be a jerk like Garrett on Cagayan (maybe he'll repeat his faith in EP2 lol), because he's the only person I DON'T like on the white collar tribe :( So seeing So voted out was very sad - this just reminds me of SJDS where also a favourite of mine was voted out first.... The only other person I wouldn't have minded going was Tyler - he just seemed so bland, but that's probably just because he was in no danger and the edit focused on So/Carolyn the most.

BTW, the only reason I was glad Blue Collar won was because Dan would have been the obvious first boot.... And him being such a fan, it would be sad, though his strategy is no good so far.

No Collar seems very likable - Joe & Jenn are definitely my faves over there. Hali was one of my pre-game favourites, but she was invisible this episode so I can't say anything. Oh and I'm also looking forward to seeing Kelly (Blue) more, she seems very cool.
BTW Vince is creepy :nut:

SOOOOOO NOOOOOO :( definite Francesca hogi redemption in your future, don't worry.
This season goes on to solidify a Second-chance type of season. I mean, cmon.... So many people with great potential have gone home too early over the years, they MUST be at least considering this! And I think the fans would love it.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »
Agreed! And while a lot of fans would want a first boot vs. winners season, or something like that, I don't see that as feasible from a production standpoint...plus mooost seasons, the first boot is someone obvious or not someone many people miss.

However, Francesca, Nadiya, and now So? These are three ladies who came in with great promise, and it'd be great to have a season sometime between 31-35 where recent players who were pre-merge/jury boots could redeem themselves, much like TAR's Unfinished Business concept (although they only included teams ranked 7th and up, but still.)

Survivor has always been innovative when they bring back players, so if they were to come back, I'm stoked to see how they'd do it.

Anyway, a recap of some of my impressions so far:

Dan: That guy who is clearly a big fan, but to go off on your tribe mates like that just because they make one comment about how you're asking to do the shelter, is a BIG no no...and when Blue Collar fell behind early I was like, yup, he's outta here...and then Shirin had the flop :( I don't see him improving unless Blue avoids tribal council until the tribe shuffle, because those ladies will not want him around

Sierra: Fierce, and not even a confessional yet (or maybe only one?), I'll be interested to see if she takes a Purple Kelly route and sits in the background

Jaoquin: Alright, obviously he's your token conceited high-brow bro, but on a show like Survivor, he's a type of player I can't help but root for a little to cause and stir some drama. Provided, of course, that he doesn't pull a Shannon from Nicaragua and bash minorities/LGBT folk...but he seems classier than that dude was. To be honest

Max/Shirin: Hope they stick around the longest of the white collar folk, lots of character development and intelligence for these two to come I assume.

Love: Max, Shirin, Tyler, Carolyn, Jenn, Mike
Like: Nina, Joe, Kelly, Will, Jaoquin
Meh: Dan, Rodney, Vince, Lindsey
???: Hali, Sierra
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2015, 04:07:31 PM »
Who's Kelly legit don't know

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »

The potentially lesbian law-enforcement officer :D (according to Corinne's evil podcast, haha.) But she was a good peacemaker when Dan was shouting and the girls in Blue Collar were like "um calm down."
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 04:32:37 PM »

The potentially lesbian law-enforcement officer :D (according to Corinne's evil podcast, haha.) But she was a good peacemaker when Dan was shouting and the girls in Blue Collar were like "um calm down."

I don't even remember her tbh

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2015, 04:36:19 PM »
I don't if you guys saw the preview, I've heard that some people don't watch them to get bigger surprises on the next episode, so for that reason Imma put this in the spoiler bracket:
Show content
I love Nina and I am really rooting for her, but she was shown to go off at her tribemates the next episode  ??? I found that very strange, because she seemed like a very calm being. Any thoughts on that? I think she may get booted if no collar doesn't win the next immunity :(

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »
I was impressed with Carolyn, and I liked it. But i'm sad for So. I wish they bring back her for the next All Stars season, because she has gone too early. She looks powerful.

Love: So, Carolyn, Joe, Max, Shirin.
So and Shirin were my favorite before Survivor started, and I still like them. Carolyn impressed me, she's so smart. Joe is so cute and nice. I didn't liked Max at first, but after I saw the episode, I started to like him so much.

Like: Jenn, Nina, Tyler, Lindsey.
Jenn looks funny and powerful, I like his personality. I hope she kicks Vince's ass soon.  :yess: I like Nina, but i'm worried for her on the next episode. Tyler was like Max, I didn't liked him at all but I think he's nice. And Lindsey looks funny, but I want to see more of her.

Neutral: Hali, Joaquin, Kelly, Rodney, Sierra, Will.
Hali, Kelly, Sierra and Will didn't appeared too much, so I can't say too much about them. Joaquin is nice, but I want to know what he will do now... And Rodney is there, no more at the moment.

Dislike: Dan, Mike, Vince.
I don't like those three, anything. Dan's authority and way of talk... Mike is kinda dumb. And Vince is an envious.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:45:07 AM by Hysha »
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2015, 09:16:20 AM »
SO KIM FOR A SECOND CHANCE PLEASE. SUCH A STAR.

SUCH A GREAT EPISODE. MADE TAR SEEMED LAME. <3333333333333

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2015, 02:37:53 PM »

Lol it surely did....
As I've already said somewhere, TAR seems to be on a downward spiral (haven't watched S25 tho), while Survivor is gaining momentum again  :<3

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »

Well to be fair TAR was lame compared to S30's glorious premiere

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2015, 05:23:18 PM »
The longest naming season yet, by 6 words...hehe,
Just a bit funny when Jeff said "the first person voted out from survivor white collar versus blue collar versus no collar is..."

Yet, the season has its own nickname "Worlds Apart" and another nickname "White collar versus Blue collar versus No collar"...and also tribe names " Masaya, Nagarote and Escameca"... :lol:

But anyway, it's another great opening of the show, really feel the good vibes of the casts and hope to see more drama and fights among them later.. ;D
(episode 2 with people starting to get naked on the island...oh no..  :ascared )
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2015, 06:59:55 PM »
I would love for So's sister, Doo to have a chance to play.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2015, 09:23:24 PM »

Agreed!!
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2015, 09:26:02 PM »

Agreed!!
Maybe for BvW3 :lol: if she were to play, it would have to be when she feels that she can leave her baby alone for 45-50 (?) days.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax