Author Topic: US Survivor: Previous Seasons Discussion  (Read 142225 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Survivor: Previous Seasons Discussion
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2016, 08:21:36 PM »
Only people worth watching in Caramoan was Eddie, Sherri, Andrea, Phillip (unpopular opinion ik) Corinne and Brenda (despite her edit lol).

Everyone else sucked.

Corinne was just ok and Caramoan (+ her post show stuff) ruined her for me.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:27:01 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2016, 01:56:46 PM »
I also finished Survivor: Fiji! I have to put my thoughts about Thailand too. Hahaha

Started Vanuatu!
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2016, 02:30:59 PM »
Hysha, have you got a list of the seasons you've not seen yet?

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2016, 02:53:12 PM »
Hysha, have you got a list of the seasons you've not seen yet?

Yeah I did it some messages ago.
Here is an update!

Let's make a quick resume of my list:
- Have watched randomly: S1, S2, S4, S5, S6, S10, S12, S14, S15, S17, S18, S21, S24, S28, S29, S30, S31, S32. Currently watching S9.
- Have to watch randomly: S3, S7, S13, S19.
- Will watch, in order, when I finished the seasons without returning players: S8, S11, S16, S20, S22, S23, S25, S26, S27.
#TeamWentworth

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2016, 04:11:23 PM »
Watch S7/S19 next <3

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2016, 09:10:57 AM »
Ok, before I continue watching Vanuatu, I'm going to put something about Thailand and Fiji.

Tbh, I understand why some people don't like Survivor: Thailand. I mean, there's just one or two people to root for, and the others are like, meeeh. I was so surprised that the Chuay Gahn tribe ended up winning the Sook Jai in a lot of challenges and dominating the game. And the winner... ogh.

- John: A lot of potential in this man. Maybe he became kinda bossy too soon.
- Tanya: Sweet girl, but this was not her game at all.
- Jed: At first I was like, uhh cute guy, but then when it all started... dude, this guy is so dumb! He deserved to be out that early.
- Ghandia: I felt sad for her the first time she told what happened with Ted, BUT, if Ted did apologize with you and you did accept it, why the hell you continue with that thing? I mean, girl, you are super annoying. Every time Ted said anything, she was like, "he touched me that niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!  :tantrum". Girl, shut up and go home. If you didn't want that, why didn't you back down that night when you felt uncomfortable?
- Stephanie: I like her potential, I don't like her attitude.
- Robb: I didn't like him until his last episode. And it was just because of his words. lol
- Shii Ann: Queen. The fake merge messed up all her game...
- Erin: Just a cute girl, not so much screen time.
- Ken: Another cute boy, but not so much.
- Penny: I'm a fan of her but I like her last days. She turned strategic, like a little rat.
- Jake: Meh. Why this man thought that he was the best at everything? Go away.
- Ted: Not a fan of him but since Ghandia left and the merge was coming it was better to see him.
- Helen: I didn't like her at first, but tbh, alongside with Shii Ann, she was the best of this season. So strategic and good at challenges.
- Jan: I love to see a old woman going that far. It wasn't because she was the best at anything at all, but it was nice to watch her.
- Clay: Tbh I wouldn't mind him to win over Brian. Not a fan of him either, especially at first that he was doing nothing, but he played a good game.
- Brian: I read a lot of bad things about him after he won. Not even the producers want to see him again. lol I've always seen something that I didn't like about him, idk at all what was, but I don't like him anything.

People that I would like to see playing again: Helen, Stephanie and I wouldn't mind Penny.

Then, it's time for Survivor: Fiji! I haven't heard good thing about Fiji, like that Probst didn't like that season. It's not in my Top10, but tbh, I really liked this season!
I hate that just one person did apply for the game, and the other 18 (19 counting Mellisa, the quitter) were recruited. But, they did a good job, because for me, there are some interesting people in there.

I don't know if they planned to do another race split, because if you pay attention there's 5 African-American, 5 Asian-American, 5 Hispanic-American and 5 Caucasian-American (counting Mellisa). Interesting. Oh, and if I'm not wrong, this is the first season without a blonde female! lol

- Jessica: I always felt sad for the first contestant to leave, because I can't see so much about them.
- Erica: A little bit temperamental, but I would have liked to see a little bit more of her.
- Sylvia: Entertaining to watch, although I knew she was not gonna stand too much longer. xD
- Gary: The only person this season to apply. Sad to see him leaving that way. Good job Papa Smurf.
- Liliana: I can see a huge amount of potential on her, I don't get why they voted out her being the strongest female in her tribe.
- Rita: Mamasita! Not so much screen time but I really like her. She was really nice with everyone.
- Anthony: The nerd between the muscled guys. It was so fun watching that moment compating it with the first shower at high school. xD But gonna be honest, he was pretty useless at the final days.
- Rocky: Don't like him at first but ended up being so fun to watch and his crazy things and rages. xD
- Lisi: Annoying as hell. With that fake laugh and her boss attitude. Ugh can't stand her.
- Michelle: <3333 So sweet! A lot of fells of her this season. I was so disappointed and upset to see her go this way.
- Edgardo: Interesting to hear him speaking english, because it would be my way to speak. (?) Not a big fan of him although I'm always rooting for the hispanic people.
- Mookie: Well, another horseman. Not so much to say about him. I would have kept the idol for myself tbh.
- Alex: I find him very handsome when he was starving, with that beard and the cap.. <333 A great villain.
- Stacey: A surprise to see her outlasting all those days when she was a target long time ago. But I like when she alligned herself with Earl and the other group.
- Boo: Not a fan of him. Targeting him for a long time but he survived because of the Immunity Challenges.
- Yau-Man: King of Fiji. I'm not his bigger fan, but hands down best player of Fiji without a doubt. I would have loved to see him at the finale and winning. He deserved. Who would have spected him to be that amazing at challenges?
- Cassandra: Mrs. Hmmm... xDD She said more "hmmmm" than words all the season. Not good at antyhing at all but she was nice to see. Poor girl, they didn't let her talk at the last Tribal Council. :/
- Dreamz: He wanted the simpathy vote with the homeless and poor guy, and it went wrong. Why? Because he was a liar and he had no excuse for what he did to Yau-Man. It's fine if you don't want to give him the IN, but if you planned not to give him, don't accept the car because it was so ugly. I know he wanted to take out Yau before the F4, but evenly, I found that move so so so ugly. I also didn't like how he was playing both sides at all.
- Earl: Not the best option, but, with Yau-Man being 4th, he was the most deserving. Nice and smart man, but tbh, lucky too, because he flew under the radar so many time.

People that played once and didn't win, and I want to see playing again: Liliana, Rita, Rocky, Michelle and Alex.

Sorry for all the english mistakes and because of my reviews/thought are always so weird, but I like to do it! hahaha
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:50:51 PM by Hysha »
#TeamWentworth

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2016, 05:59:35 PM »
King Earl <3
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2016, 07:13:36 AM »
Watch S7/S19 next <3

I finished Vanuatu, and I'm going for Samoa! ;)
#TeamWentworth

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2016, 09:15:52 AM »
Watch S7/S19 next <3

I finished Vanuatu, and I'm going for Samoa! ;)

RUN AWAY FROM SAMOA

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2016, 10:05:55 AM »
Samoa was my first season that I saw in full and my brother had recommended it to me due to a particular crazy castaway, which we all know who that is. :lol:
I loved it tbh, and I'm absolutely biased due to not having seen much of Survivor prior to Samoa, but what Russell brought to Survivor is still lasting. Yeah the edit was really crappy in terms of distributing the airtime between all castaways, but not much was happening with most of them.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2016, 10:10:28 AM »
One of the only people I loved on Samoa was Monica Padilla and look how her return went :lol:  :groan:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2016, 12:06:32 PM »
Foa Foa was a godly tribe k?
Marissa <33 2nd favourite 1st boot ever perhaps.
Betsy <333
Liz <3333
Natalie <33

I also loved Russell Swan, but his return was really eh and actually kinda cringeworthy :lol:

LAURA MORETT WAS DEFINITELY MY FAVE THO. I so want her to return for a third time (low likeliness) :luvya:
Shambo was shamazing and Erik has potential that should garner him a second chance.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2016, 06:12:16 PM »
Foa Foa was a godly tribe k?
Marissa <33 2nd favourite 1st boot ever perhaps.
Betsy <333
Liz <3333
Natalie <33

I also loved Russell Swan, but his return was really eh and actually kinda cringeworthy :lol:

LAURA MORETT WAS DEFINITELY MY FAVE THO. I so want her to return for a third time (low likeliness) :luvya:
Shambo was shamazing and Erik has potential that should garner him a second chance.

Oh Natalie was ok.

I don't mind or loathe the others but Laura Morrett was decent too but her + Ciera on BVW was top tier.

LOL Shambo. She almost got on Cambodia :(

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2016, 04:29:40 PM »
Watching Marquesas for the first time!

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2016, 12:40:39 PM »
Guys, I finished Samoa. Muahahaha!
If I have time tomorrow I'll put my post about Vanuatu + Samoa.

Following Marionete's advice, Pearl Islands is next. :)
#TeamWentworth

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2016, 07:40:37 AM »
Not sure if discussed but Dan Barry from Survivor Panama featured on BattleBots in May with his robot "Black Ice" which won it's battle in the qualifier and is due to take part in the main competition in the coming weeks!

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2016, 12:17:01 PM »
Survivor: Vanuatu thoughts.

About the girls: Hmm, it was horrible to see them doing so amazing and then, they split up and they went off one by one...
About the men: Wtf voting out the strongest physical people first?

- Brook: Sadly, we couldn't see too much about him.
- Dolly: Not getting along with the group, I knew she was going soon.
- John F.: Pretty invisible.
- Mia: Meh just there to explode like the volcano. xD
- Brady: Another invisible.
- Travis: Stick with the boys? Then go with the boys. To pre-jury Ponderosa.
- Lisa: Such a weird way to be voted out... because of a comment. lol
- John K.: I get Spencer Bledsoe vibes. However, no way to survive with all those woman and old men against him.
- Rory: I didn't like him at first, then I love him, and then I hated him again. #Rollercoaster.
- Lea: I hate him at first too when he was the boss of the man and managed to vote out all the young males, but then tbh was one of the few man I liked.
- Chad: Yes, first amputee male. For the rest, meh.
- Leann: Nice girl but not so much into the game.
- Ami: Wow, I would never imagine that she was gonna be that strategic and smart and devil. Hahaha I liked her.
- Julie: <3333 She was pretty invisible at first, but I ended up loving her so much. Best female from Vanuatu. (She dated Probst for 3 years lol).
- Eliza: She was cool, I really like the underdogs.
- Scout: I wouldn't expected her to survive that long. I really don't know why they didn't vote her out first because of her poor physical skills. (Btw you know I love to see old people standing that long, it's just curiosity). But gotta be honest, she's a little bit a devil. lol
- Twila: Strong woman. I wasn't on her side, but I have to do she played a really great game.
- Chris: He deserved to win just because he managed to go through to an alliance of 6 women. I thought he was going to be the first voted out because of his poor performance at their first challenge. lol

People who played once and I would like to see again: Julie (she said it's probably impossible to see her again on Survivor because she know too much about production ;( ) and Twila.

Now, Survivor: Samoa.

I think most of you are gonna hate me because of the comments of one person. xD

This season I saw something interesting... why everybody seems more hot in the island? Starved and marooned is a good way to be hot. (?)

- Marisa: First victim of Hantz. I think she had so much potential.
- Mike: Sadly to see him go that way.
- Betsy: Second victim. Another girl with potential for me.
- Ben: Awful.
- Yasmin: Who the hell goes to Survivor on heels? LOL It was fun to see her.
- Ashley: Another victim. I felt sad for her because she was a nice girl but they had too much hate for her.
- Russell S.: Not a fan of him but wow so scared when he left that way. Great lidership.
- Liz: Another victim of Hantz. He had potential too.
- Erik: I like his speech on the last TC but I do hate so much when he was cheering Foa Foa at every single TC. You feel angry because of your tribe betrayed you? You betrayed them first. HA!
- Kelly: Pretty invisible but nice girl.
- Laura: So angry that Shamboo won Laura. She was way better than her. So strong girl, mentaly and physically.
- John: Hot guy but meh when he turns his alliance and goes with Russell and Shamboo.
- Dave: So interesting guy. I really do like him.
- Monica: When I saw Monica in Cambodia and I read that she was the first people to face Hantz I thought it was going to be so much epic, but it was so normal. They wanted her out from the beggining and she managed to survived almost without knowing it. lol
- Shambo: Hmmm... Before I saw Samoa I thought I would love her because everybody loves her, but... I did not like that she was with Hantz, she was targeting all the people I like. Btw he did great TV too.
- Jaison: Not a fan of him but it was so interesting to see him wanted to quit and growing step by step until here.
- Brett: <333333 Hottie! Love him, so angry when he lost the last IC being defeated by Russell...
- Mick: So invisible, just a goat, no lidership...
- Russell H.: I hate you. I really hate you. He made awesome TV, but I really don't like anything he did. I was so upset every time he found and Idol. lol I was like "People wake up and start searching for idols WTF!" He was only targeting girls and being a moron with them... awful.
- Natalie: Not the most deserving winner, but I really do prefer her one million times before Hantz. It was priceless to see his face when he lost. :D She's so sweet tho.

I would have loved that Jaison, Mick and Natalie would have turned Hantz and Shambo, but obviously it would have not been positive for them.

People that played once and I would like to see again: Marisa, Dave, Shambo and Brett.

As I said, I started Pearl Islands, but I'm gonna stop for a little bit, I don't want to be saturated of Survivor.  :funny:
#TeamWentworth

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: US Survivor: Previous Seasons Discussion
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2016, 11:19:25 PM »
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2016, 07:52:51 AM »
Haha, I did notice her catch phrase while watching the season (even her pre-season "meet Alecia" video was spamming the phrase :lol:), but I never knew someone actually took the time to count it.

20 utterances, and she only lasted 4 episodes. :lol:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2016, 10:22:11 PM »
School summer holidays are coming up, so I am starting to watch:

Survivor Borneo

I'll let you guys know what I thought about the contestants on the season, as I watch it.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
i am watch s31 does anyone talk me about it

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2017, 05:54:53 PM »
What episode are you in? Do you like it? :)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2017, 05:05:39 AM »
This is so random, but yesterday I started rewatching Blood vs. Water (I'm in episode 5 right now) and I love the season so much!

I rooted for Colton in the premiere, felt sad that he resorted to his old ways later on.
I refreshed my eternal love for Monica and my hopes that one day she will be back.
Same goes for Laura M. and I actually LOVE Brad on this rewatch.

I don't remember this season being so good when it was actually airing :lol:

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2017, 07:10:53 PM »
I've been rewatching the older seasons that have people in Game Changers.  I am finding that my opinions of some of the seasons have changed with the second watching of them as well as some of the people!

Just finished Philippines today and have to admit that Malcom really wasn't all that. I remember that I thought of him as the 2nd Ozzy but he really wasn't!  He did not win the individual challenges like Ozzy did... he was just eye candy.  Luckily there were bigger targets to get rid of and he did win a challenge when he needed to.  As for Ozzy, I saw his first season again as well as South Pacific.  I liked him better in Cook Islands.  Ozzy only needs to get to day 14 to have more days in the game than Boston Rob...  Cirie needs to get to day 33.

I am also finding that I am liking some of the contestants that I didn't really remember, mostly because they were early jury.  And, then there are some that I still don't like.... Abi and Russell H top that list!

And, I know this is an unpopular opinion but I really, really like Redemption Island. Boston Rob played everybody like a master.  And, kooky Phillip wasn't so bad the 2nd time around.  Only a couple more seasons to watch before the premiere.  What I am finding is that it could be interesting seeing how some of these big personalities will mesh with others.

Spencer.LoL

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »
Hi!
My first Survivor Season was San Juan Del Sur, so, right now I want to watch every single past season.
I won't watch it in order. For example, this weekend I started with China. I'm on episode 6. I have class from Monday to Thursday, so I'm sure I'll watch it on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Every time I will finish a season, I will post what I think about the season here. Is ok in this topic? :P

I recommend you watch Cook island first before China. you will be acquainted with iconic player like Ozzy, parvati and Jon penner
after watch china you watch micronesia, where ozzy & parvati will play big role
and then watch S18 Toca, S19 Samoa and then S20 Heroes vs Villain. but you maybe want to watch S07 Pearl island first to be acquainted with iconic Rupert

and then you can watch S21-S33 respectively, you can also watch old school Survivor like S03 Africa & Australia, they are one of the most great season in all of Survivor history