Author Topic: TAR 26: Rochelle Nevedal & Mike Dombrowski  (Read 18977 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 26: Rochelle Nevedal & Mike Dombrowski
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »
Rochelle Nevedal & Mike Dombrowski

Name: Rochelle Nevedal
Hometown: Kalkaska, Mich.
Relationship Status: Dating
Length of Relationship: 8 months
How did you meet? I met Mike when I was going around town for an upcoming roller derby bout. I stopped into his truck stop and we started talking. We both had a lot in common and hit it off right away!
Current occupation: Contract Engineer
Describe what you do: I am a contract engineer who does work for ATT. I also co-own a roller derby league that I started in my small town.
3 words to describe you: Athletic, creative and driven.
Favorite hobbies: Roller derby, paddle boarding and snowboarding.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Raising an 8-year-old son who is creative, unique and absolutely amazing!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Joan Jett
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Opie from “Sons of Anarchy.”
What scares you most about traveling? Getting lost in unfamiliar places.
What excites you most about traveling? Learning new cultures and experiencing things I cannot here in the U.S.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: He’s not good at expressing things when he’s upset. He keeps it all in until he blows up about whatever is on his mind.
Pet peeve about your teammate: When he’s in public he is in his “Mikey Zeroe” persona which isn’t who I signed up to date. His ego can get in the way.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Bali, Indonesia - I heard it’s absolutely stunning and the people are very friendly. I also heard it’s affordable.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? As a single mom, I am very protective on whom I bring into my son and my life. I am looking at the race sort of as a "Fast Forward" to our relationship. I am hoping by going on the race I can figure out if our relationship will last.
How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? Since we haven’t dated all that long, it will be a make or break situation and help me figure out if we are meant to be together. I don't want to waste time with someone who I cannot depend on.

Name: Michael Dombrowski

Hometown: Traverse City, Mich.
Relationship Status: Dating
Length of Relationship: 8 months
How did you meet? Rochelle and I met through both running our events at the same venue. Eventually we set up a cross-promoting partnership and began getting to know each other and I was hooked.
Current occupation: Pro Wrestling Promoter and Truck Stop Manager
Describe what you do: Promote, book and organize professional wrestling events. Keep growing audience event to event.
3 words to describe you: Passionate, extreme and unique.
Favorite hobbies: Hiking, fishing, traveling to concerts and road trips.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Booking WWE Hall of Famers Mick Foley and Scott “Razor Ramon” Hall in my hometown of Kalkaska, MI. It was front page news here.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Harley Morenstein of Epic MEAL Empire. Obnoxious at times, similar look and style.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kesha- unique, own style/image, like to have fun.
What scares you most about traveling? If I’m traveling somewhere new to me, the possibility of getting lost or stranded with no resources.
What excites you most about traveling? Getting to see different cultures and ways of life, change of scenery from city to city, and country to country.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Rochelle’s listening ability. She says I give good advice, and can coach her through situations, but she doesn’t always listen to my advice.
Pet peeve about your teammate: That she gets legitimately pissed off if I beat her at anything. Even something as small as a game of checkers. I love her competitiveness, but not when I’m her competition.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Tokyo, Japan. Many wrestlers I know travel there for events, and I’ve heard nothing but amazing things from them all.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain a stronger connection with Rochelle, to see if we can handle the stress, and work together through it. I also feel it would be a very good bonding experience.
How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? It would without a doubt test us for the future. A worldwide race within a month would test our strength, teamwork and communication skills. If we come out of the race stronger, we should be able to handle anything.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 26: Rochelle Nevedal & Mike Dombrowski
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »
Meet MIKE & ROCHELLE!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tmlB82VkGPI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tmlB82VkGPI</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 04:32:59 PM »
BIGGEST FAVE SINCE THE GOTHS <333333333333333333333333333

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 02:33:51 PM »
Omg I like her so much!!!!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 04:27:01 AM »
These two are definitely underdogs. They finished the Detour in 10th but somehow managed to be 7th at the W-Turn <3

I like them so far, but what I don't understand is people hating on them using the U-Turn on Jeff & Lyda. I mean, you left the Detour more or less 2nd to last, why take a risk and not U-Turn?

Definitely rooting for these two! :hrt:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 03:15:53 PM »
Noticed there hasn't been any activity here for a while, and believe they deserve some love / recognition for their OUT OF NOWHERE Leg 3 win...... So I'm giving out all the love!  :hrt:   :luvya:  :cheer:   :conf:  :lol: 
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 02:39:24 AM »
Another one of my faves <3

I have to say, I never ever expected them to win a leg but these two definitely proved they could win it all. Rooting for them too! :hrt:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 08:02:25 AM »
They were invisible this leg, but I still love them! :<3 Bring out the guns, climb back to the top! :trampb:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 08:26:52 AM »
They are so in love <3 So hoping they win

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 10:52:42 AM »
Wow, they got so lucky with the flight! Though weren't they forbidden to change flights once one set of tickets had been bought? ??? I know it didn't turn out to be a big deal because the teams' outfits were only given away the next day, so it was kind of an equalizer, but they would have arrived 5.5 hours later!

I hope they don't bicker anymore, because I find both of them very cool and appealing, so good luck and get to that F3 :wohoo:
It was also surprising to see them get 3rd, as they finished the detour in last place. :<3

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 12:05:04 PM »
A I understood the rule was that once you had bought your tickets, you can't buy another set. But in this case I do not think they needed to buy new tickets. Instead, since they had bought fully refundable and rebookable tickets (which, as far as I remember, they always have to do), the airline had no problems putting them on the earlier flight using the same tickets (both flights were on Lufthansa).

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 12:14:02 PM »
But they still got new tickets and the counter lady was shown printing and handing them the tickets on that earlier flight.
And if they all must buy refundable tickets, why didn't Matt & Ashley switch flights?

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 12:22:41 PM »
But they still got new tickets and the counter lady was shown printing and handing them the tickets on that earlier flight.
And if they all must buy refundable tickets, why didn't Matt & Ashley switch flights?

You don't need to get new tickets when rebooking to another flight if you have a ticket without restrictions.
She printed boarding passes (besides almost all tickets are electronic nowadays).
And I also assume that the other teams just didn't think about trying to get on the earlier flight.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 01:31:33 PM »
Wow, they got so lucky with the flight! Though weren't they forbidden to change flights once one set of tickets had been bought? ??? I know it didn't turn out to be a big deal because the teams' outfits were only given away the next day, so it was kind of an equalizer, but they would have arrived 5.5 hours later!

I think it might have been a very big deal as the dresses and suits were being tailored individually...they prob needed all night to finish them!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »

I think it might have been a very big deal as the dresses and suits were being tailored individually...they prob needed all night to finish them!

AND the order they arrived at the tailors determined which Helicopter they got, so Mike & Rochelle would have been last to depart, which in return could have hindered their progress, and they might have ended up getting the other side of the detour, which Rochelle may not have been able to do.  Soooo many variables!!!  :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 08:08:15 PM »
These guys need more love!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 08:12:48 PM »
Nice to see racers who are so kind to each other and the locals as well! :hearts:

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 08:17:32 PM »
They have the best edit. They might win. :luvya:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 10:05:36 PM »
The team I'm rooting for the most right now. Please be an underdog win!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 08:16:31 AM »
I need to see them in another season along with Nick & Vicki :trampb: :trampb: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 11:32:49 PM »
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline tarfanfromthejungle

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 12:57:07 AM »

I agree. In fact, judging by the editing so far I'm certain these two are the winners, no doubt about it. Worthy winners too, IMO.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 03:46:22 AM »
:hiya, tarfanfromthejungle! :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline tarfanfromthejungle

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 08:07:06 AM »
:hiya, tarfanfromthejungle! :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!

Cheers!  :<3