Author Topic: TAR 26: Jeff Magee & Lyda Grawn  (Read 6548 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 26: Jeff Magee & Lyda Grawn
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »
Jeff Magee & Lyda Grawn

Name: Jeff Magee

Hometown: McCall, Idaho
Relationship Status: Dating
Length of Relationship: Known each other for 20 years, dating for 4 years.
How did you meet? At work. Lyda was a flight attendant on various flights I flew over the first 16 years I was at Southwest, and I was always interested.
Current occupation: Airline pilot
Describe what you do: As a Southwest Airlines pilot I fly passengers all around the country.
3 words to describe you: Cheerful, outgoing and busy.
Favorite hobbies: Tinkering with my airplane and cars, skiing and bike riding.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Finishing my experimental (kit) airplane. (It took me 10 years!) Now I love flying it.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? People have thought I look like JFK.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Cindy Crawford - wow!
What scares you most about traveling? Pick pocketing and mugging. I try not to get into bad situations.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places, people, food, wildlife, culture and sports.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sometimes we both have a hard time letting each other talk. We plan on trying to get better about that!
Pet peeve about your teammate: Girlie girl spending. But it’s not a deal breaker! It makes her happy and she certainly looks good!
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Antarctica - I would love to see all the animals, landmass and oceans. Whales, penguins, seals, wild oceans!
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope the experience will help make our relationship even stronger and even better! Our relationship is our first priority!
How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? We will be making a concentrated effort to make the Race be a growing and positive experience for our relationship.

Name: Lyda Grawn

Hometown: Scottsdale, Ariz.
Relationship Status: Dating
Length of relationship: We’ve known each other for 20 years and been dating for 4 years.
How did you meet? We met at Southwest Airlines 20 years ago but I was married. Always been friends “in passing.” We did a crew change 4 years ago and Jeff asked me out!
Current occupation: Flight Attendant
Describe what you do: I am a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers traveling by air, but basically I am a therapist, tour guide and nurse.
3 words to describe you: Sassy, honest and genuine.
Favorite hobbies: Hiking, walking/playing with my dogs and home decorating.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am most proud of my family and trying to be a good daughter! We are all very close!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Catherine Zeta Jones
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? A much more handsome John Davidson - those dimples!
What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick in a foreign country.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing other cultures and appreciating all of our many differences culturally! I get so excited to see new places I’ve never been.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Our biggest communication problems are probably because I speak over him a lot, and get angry or excited very easily. My temper flares quickly and I get defensive.
Pet peeve about your teammate: I try not to harbor pet peeves. I am upfront and like to nip it in the bud. I am pretty black and white, not a whole lot of gray area.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Australia!! It’s a beautifully diverse country. Plus, they speak and understand English. Every Aussie I’ve ever met has been wonderful!
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Proving to ourselves that we are great partners and can work and survive together under pressure! This would be a great accomplishment together!
How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? I truly don’t think it will change our relationship unless it’s for the better. We are true to each other and have faith and confidence and trust in one another!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 26: Jeff Magee & Lyda Grawn
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:45:55 PM »
Meet JEFF & LYDA!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ze3M70krJaw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ze3M70krJaw</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:34:28 PM »
Im pretty sure he gave the wrong description of Antartica
That piece of land is just ice :grins:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 06:14:35 PM »
Lyda is 49......? I need some of her anti ageing potion!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 07:46:44 PM »
You know this season sucks when the first eliminated team is the team who made an impression, tugged on your heart strings and >>>>>>>>>>>> so much more than all the other teams.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »
I didn't like them at all. He didn't seem to care at all or excited. Really bland. Felt lyda tried but wasn't getting anywhere. Sorry  :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »
I felt that they had the potential. They were 8th at the U-TURN? despite being completely dead last? Wished they U-TURNed the right team.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 07:57:46 PM »
Now if they had have uturned a team behind them thatve been interesting  :funny:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 02:09:12 PM »
I felt that they had the potential. They were 8th at the U-TURN? despite being completely dead last? Wished they U-TURNed the right team.
I think they were 10th at the U-Turn? In front of Libby & CJ?

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 02:24:18 PM »
I think they were 10th at the U-Turn? In front of Libby & CJ?
Yup. It saddens me that Mike & Rochelle ended up being the reason for them going out, but I understand why they U-Turned them.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1003880/

Jeff and Lyda Shake Off Their Elimination
And tell us what really went down

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 01:25pm

Jeff and Lyda, the first couple eliminated on Season 26, answered your questions about running The Amazing Race. Read their answers below.

1. Leanne K: Why did you not change to the sake option sooner when there was such a bottle neck at the dance option?
Jeff:
We should have changed to sake but due to my terrible dancing, not due to the "bottleneck" – that just gave us time to practice ...One big factor would have been transiting Tokyo again – it took 1/2 hours the first time. But it turns out switching would have been the right answer.

2. Sara A: What was your first thought when you found out you got "[U-turned]"?
Jeff and Lyda:
"Oh crap!" But we would have done the same thing if we were Mike and Rochelle.

3. Carol H: Do you think your age had anything to do with being the first team eliminated?
Jeff:
Not at all – I have always been a bad dancer!

4.  Miles Smile M: Do you think you would have won that leg without the U-turn?
Jeff and Lyda:
No, we would not have won that leg – but we probably would not have been eliminated that leg.

5. Prince V: Which of the Blind Date teams seemed to you, to be the most compatible already?
Jeff and Lyda:
Jenny and Jelani.

6. JoDee M: Do you guys still remember the dance choreography?
Jeff:
Lyda does, but I never really had it down.
Lyda: And, he would need 4 more hours of practice now to suffer throughout it again!

7. Megan N: What was the craziest thing you saw while on The Amazing Race?
Jeff and Lyda:
Oh, we were on The Amazing Race? It's all a blur! Tokyo traffic? Our last taxi driver was really haulin' ass! But, by then, it was late and the traffic had died down!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »
7. Megan N: What was the craziest thing you saw while on The Amazing Race?
Jeff and Lyda:
Oh, we were on The Amazing Race?[/font][/size]
What?.. Is that some kind of sarcasm?..