Author Topic: TAR 26: CJ Harris & Lebya Simpson  (Read 4832 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 26: CJ Harris & Lebya Simpson
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »

CJ Harris & Lebya Simpson

Name: C.J. Harris

Hometown: Tuskegee, Ala.
Relationship Status: Dating
Length of Relationship: Known for 15 years, dating for 10.
How did you meet? I used to slam her locker shut every morning in high school…after she just opened it.
Current occupation: Information Technology
Describe what you do: I troubleshoot common computer problems for all employees. I also manage the entire network for my organization.
3 words to describe you: Introspective, talented and thoughtful
Favorite hobbies: Watching football, listening to music and cooking.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being the first male in my family to graduate from college in 4 years and being only the second male period to graduate from college in my family.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? J. Cole because he’s from a small town that had a lot of crime and violence, but he managed to steer clear from it. Plus, he went off to college on a prayer and the hope that it would change his life. He also has been in a long relationship with his girlfriend that he hasn’t married yet and he struggles with it.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kandi from Real Housewives Atlanta. They look a lot alike to me and they have some of the same behavior patterns.
What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick from food poisoning or being in a small space for an extended period of time. I’m claustrophobic and my stomach doesn’t agree with everything.
What excites you most about traveling? Meeting new people and experiencing different cultures. I like seeing things from different perspectives.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: She never listens to me even though I’m usually right. She doesn’t think things through all the time and can be very impulsive.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She tells her mom EVERYTHING!
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Paris, France. Lebya and I have always talked about going there. It’s a beautiful city with a great cooking culture.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain the knowledge that I’m 100% sure that this is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. If our relationship makes it through this show I’m pretty sure I’ll pop the question.
How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? It could lead to me proposing. I feel like if we can make it through this race we can make it through anything.

Name: Lebya Simpson

Hometown: Tuskegee, Ala.
Relationship Status: Dating
Length of Relationship: Known for 15 years, dating for 10.
How did you meet? We’ve known each other basically all of our lives and I would see him from time to time because our older sisters were on the same cheerleading squad, but did not start actually communicating until I got to high school. Just about every day of my freshman year, before homeroom, CJ would run by my locker just as I would get it open and slam it closed. This would make me soooo mad because it always took me forever to get it open and he knew that my homeroom teacher, mean Mrs. Philpot, would lock us out after the late bell rang. My mother said my father did the same thing to her when they were in high school.
Current occupation: Medical Support Assistant at the VA Medical Center
Describe what you do: I determine the eligibility and enrollment process for medical and dental benefits for applications concerning VA inpatient and outpatient care.
3 words to describe you: Creative, silly and honest.
Favorite hobbies: Drawing, watching TV and eating.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? People tell me all the time that I look and act like Kandi Burruss from the reality show Real Housewives of Atlanta.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? I would have to say that C.J. reminds me of Deion Sanders (not the cheating, crazy part), but the fact that he is such a manly man, has traditional values, is a great father and is a real entrepreneur.
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing
What excites you most about traveling? Everything about traveling excites me, from going somewhere I have never been before to going somewhere that I have been a thousand and one times. Just escaping from everyday life is a plus.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: He always misinterprets what and how I say things. He always thinks I’m trying to be mean or facetious when I have no malicious intent. Hopefully by going through this experience he will see that I always have his best interest at heart and would never try to intentionally hurt him.
Pet peeve about your teammate: It works my nerve every time he says “do you not see what I’m sayin?” He feels the need to say this every single time he says something. It drives me crazy.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I have always wanted to visit Libya in Africa because I am named after it!!! (My parents just changed the “I” to an “E.” I know you were probably wondering how to pronounce it.) C.J. constantly reminds me that my name is spelled wrong.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Because we have been together for so long and know each other very well, I think it is time for us to get married!!! We are at the stage in our relationship where that is the natural next step. He is already an important part of my family and vice versa. I just do not know what is holding him back. I constantly ask him when he’s gonna propose and the answer is always “when the Lord tells me to.” My hope is that from participating in and winning “The Amazing Race,” he finally sees that there is no better life partner than ME!!
How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? The race could change so much. Hopefully we’ll do very well and win and I’ll get my ring!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 26: CJ Harris & Lebya Simpson
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:13:30 PM »
Meet Lebya and CJ!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vl19g6MEs1w" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vl19g6MEs1w</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 04:36:39 PM »
Good vibes!  :colors

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »
They look really fun! Hoping they'll go far & entertain :P Faves btw.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 02:48:30 PM »
They were probably my favourites.....
The hashtagged "selfie fail" proves why this new idea is not only cheesy and stupid, but also might (and does) hurt the contestants.
I don't know how close to Blair & Hayley they were in reality, but it seemed pretty close, so those 16 minutes could have made a difference.... Plus they mentioned an emergency stop, which might have added another ~10 minutes.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 02:51:30 PM »
Don't think so because they did both sides of the Detour.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »
??

Did I miss something?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 03:03:05 PM »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 03:06:26 PM »
Is it Lebya or Libby? I never figured that out... ???
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 04:03:34 PM »
I assume Real name = Lebya and nickname = Libby
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm