Author Topic: TAR 26: Aly Dudek & Steve Langton  (Read 21185 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 26: Aly Dudek & Steve Langton
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:48:48 PM »
Aly Dudek & Steve Langton

Name: Aly Dudek
Hometown: Milwaukee, Wis.
Relationship Status: Dating
Length of Relationship: 7 months
How did you meet? We met at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia, where we both competed for the USA in different sports.
Current occupation: Athlete and global spokeswoman
Describe what you do: I am a 2x Olympian and bronze medalist in the sport of short track speed skating and have been a member of the U.S. National Team since 2007. I also travel the world as a spokeswoman for a worldwide nutritional company.
3 words to describe you: Driven, passionate and adventurous.
Favorite hobbies: Traveling, working out and cooking.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Winning an Olympic bronze medal and competing in two Olympic Games.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kate Hudson- her laugh and sense of humor. But I have been told many times, Robin from “How I Met Your Mother.”
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Superman, or at least that's what everyone tells me.
What scares you most about traveling? Being abducted.
What excites you most about traveling? Views on this planet I never knew existed, meeting new people, trying new cultures and really getting away from everything I know.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: At the beginning of our relationship, we struggled with communication, but mostly due to wanting to please each other. Luckily, we have had many talks about this and have been closer since.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Those damn plaid, New England-y, coral and patterned shorts he wears!! Why?!
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Vietnam- It looks beautiful! Also, Tahiti- I have not traveled to many warm places due to my sport. Also, Costa Rica- I’d like to zipline, and Santorini- the “white island.”
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I want to travel the world with Steve. We have had many conversations about going on adventures, and I don’t want to do it with anyone else.
How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? We can really learn how each other’s strengths and weaknesses make us better for each other and also better people.

Name: Steven Langton

Hometown: Boston
Relationship Status: Dating
Length of relationship: Seven months
How did you meet? Aly and I met at the 2014 Olympic Games through a teammate of hers and a teammate of mine who were close friends. It was love at first sight!
Current occupation: Olympic Athlete
Describe what you do: My day to day consists of racing down an icy shoot and wearing spandex one pieces with my closest buddies. I have competed for the United States National Bobsled team since 2007, representing my country at the last two Olympic Games.
3 words to describe you: Determined, spontaneous and passionate.
Favorite hobbies: Fishing, hiking and traveling.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I'm most proud of winning two Bronze Medals at the Sochi Olympic Games in Russia and double Gold at the 2012 World Championships.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Hugh Jackman because of his stellar “power beard” growing ability.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? I'm going to go with Snow White in Snow White and the Huntsman because of her tenacity. When she sets her sights on something, watch out!
What scares you most about traveling? Losing my wallet or passport. That would be a bad day.
What excites you most about traveling? Trying new things, exploring exotic places and experiencing new cultures.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: When something is bothering her, I would like her to express her concerns more openly so that we can attack it together.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes when she gets stressed, rather than use me as support, she tends to block me out.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I'd love to see Thailand for it's beautiful beaches, thick jungles and unique culture.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? We both have a passion for traveling and have done so extensively individually. We see the race as an opportunity to see the world together. Competing with my girlfriend and best friend will be the true test of our relationship.
How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? We can start the life and quality of life that we both want sooner than expected. This will be a total make or break. If we can make it through this, we can make it through anything.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 26: Aly Dudek & Steve Langton
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 02:51:47 PM »
Meet ALY & STEVE!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4DGYg5CFj1I" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4DGYg5CFj1I</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:28:36 PM »
Steve looks like he should be on Survivor instead... ???

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »
There is a tradition of Winter Olympians being on TAR. And as a bobsledder, Steven has traveled to bobsled track venues around the world for competitions outside of the Olympics.

So from that perspective it makes sense that casting would look to such teams to be competitive.

It's also my understanding that Steven has had (don't know if he still does) a YouTube channel with his then roommate at the US Bobsled training facilities that, from what I read were hilariously funny. (And that would support his quip to Phil that was in the preview shown at the end of last season.)

And FWIW, TAR is probably more difficult physically and mentally than Survivor, after all Survivor 29's winner was a two-time TAR competitor who did not win either of her seasons. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 03:54:52 PM »
And FWIW, TAR is probably more difficult physically and mentally than Survivor, after all Survivor 29's winner was a two-time TAR competitor who did not win either of her seasons. :)

I find that extremely debatable as I personally feel like Survivor would be way more difficult that the Amazing Race because of the extreme lack of food and shelter as well as the fact that paranoia is very high in Survivor and many castaways note how they have had many nights with lack of sleep. I do agree that TAR is still very very difficult on yourself mentally and physically, but I would not go to the point of saying that it is "probably more difficult"

Oh and just because someone won Survivor but not TAR does not = more difficult IMO

Okay I am done with my tangent :lol:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 03:11:47 AM »
In Survivor, even if you sucks at challenge, you still have a chance to win own to your social skill. That's not the case in TAR.

Anyway, we should be back to the main threat. Actually, I kind of like this team. Hope they are competitive but funny team.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »
And in Survivor you have 15-19 others to beat, while you only have 10 in TAR. And TAR is shorter than Survivor. There is no a 100% correct answer since each show focuses in different traits, IMHO.

Back to topic, I like this team too. Last time we had a Winter Olympic team they rocked the race before being unlucky in F4. Hopefully, they can perform better.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 01:46:48 AM »
And in Survivor you have 15-19 others to beat, while you only have 10 in TAR. And TAR is shorter than Survivor. There is no a 100% correct answer since each show focuses in different traits, IMHO.

Back to topic, I like this team too. Last time we had a Winter Olympic team they rocked the race before being unlucky in F4. Hopefully, they can perform better.

Technically, if you don't count teams then you have to beat other 21-23 TAR contestants.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 03:09:54 AM »
Why wouldn't you count teams? Aren't you racing as a team? Doesn't your partner's elimination mean you are out too? -.-

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 02:15:20 PM »
Reality TV World: How much harder than The Amazing Race do you feel Survivor is now that you've experienced them both?

Natalie Anderson: You really can't compare the two, like, The Amazing Race is a crazy -- it's crazy while you're racing but you get to check into an awesome hotel, you get to eat, and the biggest thing is that I was with Nadiya the entire time. And in this situation, I wasn't with Nadiya.

And no matter how hungry or tired I was, the only thing that brought me to tears on Survivor was thinking about Nadiya and over Nadiya getting voted off. It's crazy because I never cry and I just think you can't compare the two, like, the elements, the fatigue, the hunger -- everything on Survivor was ten folds as hard as it was ever on The Amazing Race.

Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-survivor-san-juan-del-sur----blood-vs-water-winner-natalie-anderson-talks-%28part-2%29-17226.php#Q8wCe5JZK5hIXAyy.99

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 03:31:22 AM »
They were kind of invisible in the first leg. Want to see more of them.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 04:20:23 AM »
They were kind of invisible in the first leg. Want to see more of them.

agree.. seems like a really good, spirited and cheerful couple, but too bad we barely seen them doing the dance only...
hope to get much stories from this one... ;)
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 09:46:19 PM »
UP UP UP!!!

They are racing really well so far yet get an unfair cut in editing.  :gaah:

Along with Tyler and Laura, they are the only two teams so far that actually hasn't experienced being behind. Hmmm how about that!

One of these legs has to go on their favor soon

#SochiLove

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 09:57:25 PM »
Agreed. Hopefully the editors are setting up for something... I hope it's good because I like them a lot for some reason :lol:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 10:11:06 PM »
they're just very low-key and humble, considering they are athletes. (reminiscing on the pro-wrestlers from last season  :funny: )

Sure it makes them a little bit of a snoozefest but they still deserve a fair amount of footage. Their edit in Nagano leg was actually not so bad.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 11:46:04 PM »
UP UP UP!!!!!

THEY WON THEIR FIRST LEG, BABY!!!

more to come, hopefully!!!!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 03:11:08 AM »
Happy for them, especially 2 cars.

Now I'm waiting for Matt & Ashely and Tyler & Laura winning first place and all my favorite teams win first place <3

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 07:49:21 AM »
They're UTRFun and I am here for it <3

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 12:06:21 PM »
They're cool <3

And congrats for winning the leg and two Fords <3  :cheer:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 11:08:33 PM »
Woot woot!!!

So close to winning another leg.

Anyway, still checked in front of the pack!  :hoot:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 09:01:45 AM »
 (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

The one moment they fell behind, they were last. Why can't that happen to Tyler and Laura!

Well, they ran a good race!  :hoot: :hoot: :hoot:

Plus, they actually won the second best leg to win this season casue they got the cars. Those are probably worth a lot more than what 2nd place gets, right! So suck it, final five! lol!

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 09:10:49 AM »
Although I liked them, their fate was inevitable considering how they basically failed at everything during the double episode!

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 09:23:57 AM »
Although I liked them, their fate was inevitable considering how they basically failed at everything during the double episode!

I think they were in a fine shape right until that flat tire in leg 7.
Plus the RB in leg 8
But other than that they were just fine. So I wouldn't say everything!

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »

I think they were in a fine shape right until that flat tire in leg 7.
Plus the RB in leg 8
But other than that they were just fine. So I wouldn't say everything!
Steve insisted on Aly doing the leg 7 RB. If Steve did it instead, they'd probably finish faster and have the ability to do the 'Pack' Detour.
Weren't they also lost on the way to the skydiving place in leg 8? That extra time could've helped!

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 10:19:15 AM »
Steve insisted on Aly doing the leg 7 RB. If Steve did it instead, they'd probably finish faster and have the ability to do the 'Pack' Detour.
Weren't they also lost on the way to the skydiving place in leg 8? That extra time could've helped!
Steve only insisted just because of their system to alternate RB. Plus they were first on the spot so there wasn't any sort of reference on what they're about to do. If they had got there not on first, Steve probably would have done it.  I really don't think the tasks hurt them that much. Hayley and Blair were last to get out of that Detour in leg 7 and they still checked in 3rd on that leg so I don't think tasks are to blame here. It was really the flat tire before the pit-stop.

Changing a flat tire really takes a while, especially when you were not used to do it. I changed a tire a couple times and both times took me nearly an hour. And that was just in my garage at home where I actually had the proper tools and everything. Imagine Steve had to do the it all in the middle of nowhere in Africa!  Even the professionals probably will require like 20 minutes to do it. Stupid tire!

Idk, did they get lost? I don't think anything mattered that much with them in leg 8. They were almost half an hour behind Mike and Rochellle, they had a speedbump, and they were alerady U-turned before they even encounter the RB. So if they got lost, just go figure lol!