Author Topic: TAR 26: Tyler Adams & Laura Pierson "Blind Daters"  (Read 30821 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 26: Tyler Adams & Laura Pierson "Blind Daters"
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:29:35 PM »
Tyler Adams & Laura Pierson

Name: Tyler Adams

Hometown: Santa Monica, Calif.
Relationship Status: Single
Current occupation: Co-Founder HORSE
Describe what you do: I am part of a team that develops mobile apps focused on turning social interactions into fun and competitive games. We just released the beta version of our first game, HORSE!
3 words to describe you: Enthusiastic, adventurous and a dreamer.
Favorite hobbies: Fishing, surfing, traveling, reading and cooking.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? This year I won Startup Weekend LA and decided it was time to quit my job and venture out on my own. Trying to start my own business has been incredibly challenging yet rewarding.
What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick! Experiencing new places and cultures through local cuisine can sometimes come with a bit of risk.
What excites you most about traveling? Unexpected adventure. I don’t like to have too many plans when I travel. Get a plane ticket and a place to stay; the rest will work itself out!
How many serious relationships have you been in? 2
What are your deal breakers in a relationship? If a girl has a negative/pessimistic attitude it is an automatic deal breaker. Life is too short - enjoy it!
What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? I’m looking for a girl that approaches life with a positive attitude. She must be up for any adventure and confident and comfortable in her skin.
What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Chewing ice, talking during movies and being rude to strangers.
Who is your celebrity crush? Taylor Swift – sure she is pretty and talented but her attention to detail and approach to business is just down right sexy!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Rob Dyrdek – he’s always coming up with crazy ideas and he’s not afraid to try anything!
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Costa Rica - It has an incredible landscape and endless outdoor adventures!

Name: Laura Pierson

Hometown: Los Angeles
Relationship Status: Single
Current occupation: Talent Booker
Describe what you do: Book talent & create content for a daily television morning show. We cover topics from entertainment to cooking (and everything in between!)
3 words to describe you: Outgoing, ambitious and positive.
Favorite hobbies: Cooking delicious and healthy meals, going on adventures (hiking, exploring and traveling), yoga, DIY crafting projects and anything that has to do with fashion.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? That I don't snooze through my alarm clock on Monday mornings for my big girl job.
What scares you most about traveling? Not having enough time to see everything.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing and experiencing a different part of the world and really immersing myself into the culture.
How many serious relationships have you been in? Two serious relationships, one for 5 years and one for 3 years.
What are your deal breakers in a relationship? Unmotivated, emotionally inept, selfish, untrustworthy and cheap.
What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? Loving, genuine and optimistic.
What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Immaturity, unwelcoming to my friends and narcissistic.
Who is your celebrity crush? Channing Tatum, Eric Decker and Justin Timberlake (why have just one??).
What famous person reminds you of yourself? A mix between Cameron Diaz and Kelly Ripa, because they both seem to not take themselves too seriously and enjoy being silly.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I can't pick just one! South Africa to swim with the sharks, Bali for the beautiful beaches and the United Arab Emirates to see the view from the tallest building in the world and ride a camel in the desert!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 26: Tyler Adams & Laura Pierson "Blind Daters"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 02:36:55 PM »
Meet TYLER!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ar6URWbZq4s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ar6URWbZq4s</a>

Meet LAURA!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GMT4jyh5R30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GMT4jyh5R30</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »
I can't feel the chemistry between them. #gutfeelingplsbewrong

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:10:44 AM »
I kind of like Tyler.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »
Tyler: I don't llike when people nag
Laura: I'm bossy

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 12:57:44 PM »
Post from Tyler's instagram last week of what he packed.

Very interesting, as this is the first time I have seen a glimpse into a racer's bag!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 01:20:42 PM »
SMG alum talks teamwork in running “The Amazing Race”

Written by Sophia Labas· February 18, 2015 2:00 am 

Tyler Adams, a Boston University School of Management graduate, competed in “The Amazing Race,” which will premiere Feb. 25. PHOTO COURTESY OF TYLER ADAMS

When Tyler Adams, a 2010 graduate of the Boston University School of Management, signed up for CBS’s “The Amazing Race,” he prepared himself for a lot of unthinkable situations. There was one, however, that he didn’t plan for: being set up on probably the longest, toughest and most unbelievable blind date of his life.

“They were like, ‘Well this season is going to be a little different, so I hope you’re open to something new,’” he said.

“The Amazing Race” is a reality TV show that follows 11 competing pairs as they race around the globe in an international scavenger hunt of sorts. Each week, the partners travel to a different city, competing to complete all of the assigned tasks before the rival pairs do. Whichever duo finishes last is sent home that week. The winning team wins $1 million and, sure, bragging rights.

“I remember seeing it and thinking it was just so cool,” Adams said. On a whim, he and a friend submitted audition tapes about a year ago. After hearing nothing for several months, he said, Adams by chance bumped into the show’s casting director in Santa Monica, California.

“She asked me if I wanted to be on ‘Survivor,’ actually, and I was like, ‘No I don’t want to be on ‘Survivor.’” he said. “‘But I did apply for ‘The Amazing Race’ recently.’”

She obliged. Adams’s would be the 26th Race, and there would be a catch: six of the 11 pairs are actually dating, with the remaining five set up on “blind dates.”

“I definitely thought we were the underdogs,” Adams said. He didn’t meet his partner, Laura Pierson, until the starting line.

“If you’ve been wanting to do it [the show], you think about your best friend or maybe even your parents, but to do it with someone that you don’t know is kind of actually insane to a certain extent,” Pierson said.

Like Adams, Pierson said she submitted her casting video to the show with her best friend, but, ironically, neither she nor Adams was chosen until they went in on their own.

With that, the training began. Both contestants agreed that mental preparation was key, citing how they studied previous seasons of the show, watching for tricks past contestants used or mistakes they made.

“The curveball still was the fact that I know how I’m going to react in this stressful situation or what I might do,” Adams said. “But still in the back of my mind, I was trying to prepare for how I was going to manage with this other person where I have no clue what they’re going to bring to the table.”

Even worse, they had to prepare without each other. Pierson, used to backpacking and camping, relied on yoga and meditation. Adams admitted he didn’t change his gym routine so much as his state of mind.

“Most mistakes [on the show] just happen because people are tired or they’re stressed out,” he said.

Adams and Pierson agreed that while some viewers may think the actual couples have an advantage for knowing each other beforehand in such a mentally and physically demanding game, that may not be the case.

“The benefit for not knowing each other was that you didn’t have an expectation of what the other person was going to bring, and you wouldn’t get upset if they didn’t meet that expectation,” Adams said.

Pierson agreed that starting from a fresh slate with a partner could be a benefit.

“With not knowing somebody, they don’t know your strengths and weaknesses, and you don’t know theirs, but then also not knowing someone brings something really cool and really beautiful into it,” she said. “So you go into it with a clear vision rather than with these preconceived notions of each other.”

“The Amazing Race” premieres on Feb. 25 at 9:30 p.m. on CBS.

http://dailyfreepress.com/2015/02/18/smg-alum-talks-teamwork-in-running-the-amazing-race/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 03:53:46 PM »
They're one of my favorite blind-pairs, but I do see a lack of chemistry a bit...I like them both as individuals?

My only problem with Laura is that she sounds a bit like Survivor's Laura Morrett and that voice really is like nails on a chalkboard to me sometimes, haha.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 04:55:45 AM »
Tyler's dance was so bad  :funny:

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »

They left that task first and just did twice tho. :p :wohoo:
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 10:12:15 AM »
I really liked them!! Top 3 for me!
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »

They left that task first and just did twice tho. :p :wohoo:

Yeah, I just mean his posture. :p

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 07:59:39 PM »
I really like them. I thought they were both really goofy or cheesy 

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 02:10:45 PM »
They're both very likeable, probably my favourite blind date team :<3

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 11:27:41 AM »
Favourite team for me! :hearts:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 10:19:04 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wsU47PXruMk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wsU47PXruMk</a>

Tyler & his friend's application video for Amazing race.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 05:39:22 AM »
(Allegedly) Laura auditioned with her friend and were to be on TAR22, but Bates & Anthony replaced them last minute.

Well damn, we would have had better winners for that season! :lol:

I love Tyler & Laura tho <3

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 04:04:24 AM »
They still havent won a leg eventho killing it in almost every tasks :(

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 04:18:50 AM »
I like this team as well, looks like the nicest blind date teams so far, even though this may not be a romantic relationship.

It's frustrating seeing them doing so well every leg and yet still have won none! They were so close in Leg 2 and 4!

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 09:37:45 PM »
It's frustrating seeing them doing so well every leg and yet still have won none! They were so close in Leg 2 and 4!

the only leg that matters is the last one, as Tyler tweeted

Also, Laura is actually really gorgeous.

If I could pick any of the four singles to be a race partner, it would be Laura 

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 05:35:59 AM »
Laura Pierson @lpbunny
#teamsocal sandwich @larissawohl @tylerhadams @theamazingrace_cbs #amazingrace #Tar26

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »
I'm conflicted about this team. Something is making me root for them, they are likeable, they are supportive to each other and they have actually managed to get make a good team. They haven't placed first yet but I don't think they have been on the back of the pack once. You can tell they are having fun racing and with each other.

But they are a blind dating team, if they win it will prove that you actually don't have to be a team or know each other strenghts and weaknesses before running the race. On the other hand it would prove that with enough teamwork anyone can win the race.

Beside how dumb I think it is the idea of Tyler vlogging or taking selfies after getting most of the clues I think I'm rooting for them.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 07:50:19 AM »
They blow every single lead they get :lol: <3

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 12:24:37 AM »
Watching their unseen clip, they seems to have a lot of fun running the race and they always optimize. They seems to not afraid of talking about the other teams, not in nasty attitude but kind of joking.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 02:06:05 AM »
Still haven't win a leg :(