Author Topic: TAR 26: Jackie Ibarra & Jeffrey Weldon "Blind Daters"  (Read 23927 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 26: Jackie Ibarra & Jeffrey Weldon "Blind Daters"
« on: January 20, 2015, 01:54:45 PM »
Jackie Ibarra & Jeffrey Weldon

Name: Jackie Ibarra

Hometown: Las Vegas, NV
Relationship Status: Single
Current occupation: Professional Dancer
Describe what you do: I am a trained dancer who has performed for numerous shows and productions in Las Vegas, music artists and celebrities, and professional sports teams.
3 words to describe you: Passionate, positive and adventurous.
Favorite hobbies: Dancing, working out, cooking and traveling.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Other than being on The Amazing Race, when I was 18 years old, I headed out to Miami and auditioned to become a Miami Heat Dancer. Went up against about 300 women for a spot on the team and I made it!
What scares you most about traveling? Language barriers.
What excites you most about traveling? New experiences! You really learn so much when you travel. I also love food so trying new cuisine is always exciting!
How many serious relationships have you been in? I have been in 3 serious relationships. All pretty much ended due to wrong timing. But either way, I still haven’t found a man who is able to keep up with me and share my same passions and future goals.
What are your deal breakers in a relationship? Deal breakers for me would be a man who does not want marriage or children, who is disrespectful or dishonest, or who does not take care of their appearance and body. Also, if they smoke cigarettes, stay away from me.
What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? I am looking for a respectful gentleman who is passionate, motivated and confident, with a good sense of humor. Being attractive with a great body doesn’t hurt either!
What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Someone who is rude and disrespectful, someone who lacks passion and confidence, and a bad kisser!
Who is your celebrity crush? Ryan Reynolds, Channing Tatum and Paul Walker.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kim Kardashian and Nicole Scherzinger.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Australia! I love the beach and have heard so many great things about the country. I also have a few Australian friends and they are the coolest!

Name: Jeffrey Weldon

Hometown: Tampa, FL
Relationship Status: Single
Current occupation: Account Executive/Sales
Describe what you do: I work with C Level executives and sell a wide array of services/products that meet their companies’ needs.
3 words to describe you: Outgoing, charismatic and intelligent.
Favorite hobbies: Fitness, professional networking, spending time with family/friends and anything outdoors.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Launching a startup company with colleagues - Internet marketing/consulting firm.
What scares you most about traveling? Being on one of those missing flights… this wouldn’t normally be a concern until the recent occurrences.
What excites you most about traveling? The opportunity to learn about new cultures and interact with people from all walks of life.
How many serious relationships have you been in? I’ve been in three serious relationships. 1st- high school - 3.5 years. 2nd – college - 1 year and my 3rd in college - 4 years.
What are your deal breakers in a relationship? Dishonesty, communication issues and cheating.
What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? Great sense of humor, a woman who has passion/drive for success and a great looking face.
What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Pessimist, lazy, poor sense of style and bad hygiene.
Who is your celebrity crush? Candice Swanepoel, Carrie Underwood and Adriana Lima.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Probably Bradley Cooper, although I’ve gotten that I look like Tim Tebow a few times.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Budapest, Hungary. My grandmother was born in Hungary and I would love to learn about my heritage a little more.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 26: Jackie Ibarra & Jeffrey Weldon "Blind Daters"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 02:00:00 PM »
Meet Jackie!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ED72-szVtn0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ED72-szVtn0</a>

Meet Jeffrey!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WkdU42ynlCg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WkdU42ynlCg</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 02:56:47 PM »
JACKIE <333333333333333333333

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 09:14:02 PM »
Jackie remindsme of victoria from big brother.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 10:43:28 PM »
Can't feel the chemistry too. Thinks that Jackie is too hyper for Jeffrey? BUT they do look cute as a couple! :cheer:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »
Great Interview and great video as Hayley and Jeffrey talk Blind Dating, TAR style!! Love is in the Air!

http://www.wtsp.com/story/entertainment/television/2015/02/24/locals-looking-for-love-and-grand-prize-on-amazing-race/23927751/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 04:28:41 AM »
Jackie seems like a positive and excitable person? I love her!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 08:18:56 PM »
I LOVE that they (especially Jackie) are embracing the whole "blind date" theme tbh
They're one of my faves so far, along with the other M/F Blind Daters
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »
Can't feel the chemistry too. Thinks that Jackie is too hyper for Jeffrey? BUT they do look cute as a couple! :cheer:
This is so funny because they're the only blind dating team that seems into each other so far  :funny:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 07:38:44 PM »
I thought they looked like a total mismatch but they are so awesome <3 Jeffrey seems like such a big lovable dude and Jackie is so kind and loving. Hoping these go far!

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 06:17:30 AM »
I also feel Jackie is too hyper for Jeffrey, sometimes I feel like Jeffrey just pretends to be into her just to be polite lol

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 10:31:59 AM »
UP UP UP UP!!!

They deserve some love people!!!!

:<3

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 08:29:57 PM »
They got a montage <3

Please return! ;D

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 08:30:49 PM »
They got a montage <3

Please return! ;D
THIS. Maybe they'll actually be dating if they end up in a returning teams season!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 08:38:16 PM »
They got a montage <3

Please return! ;D
THIS. Maybe they'll actually be dating if they end up in a returning teams season!
slay
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 08:39:45 PM »
Their elimination reminds me of Jessica & John's in TAR 24. Just so random and out of nowhere. But this one was more out of nowhere.  :gaah: Both in 7th...

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 11:07:11 PM »
:( I wish it was a NEL. They just need a break. Jeff and Jackie haven't always been the best in navigation. :(

Jessica and John kinda deserve their elim though. They decided to work with two other teams cause they thought Carol and Jen were still behind.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 11:09:40 PM »
It's sad to see them go. And it really breaks my heart to see Jackie cry :'(

I think they're the only blind dating couple that works out, and I love to see their interaction more  :hearts:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 11:12:56 PM »
Well they got the flashback! That's usually an all star material  :yess:

I think if any blind daters teams decide to run another race in the future with their original partner It'll be Jeff and Jackie.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 11:58:24 PM »
So sad seeing them leaving :(
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 10:43:50 AM »
WHAT. :gaah:
Definitely unexpected! From the edit, I predicted this would be a KOR leg, but anyway it was strange to see them in last, as the zipline detour seemed to be quicker and they didn't really head in the opposite direction..? Just got lost..?
I was definitely expecting them to stay until at least F5, since their edit was pretty big and very focused on their relationship (above other blind daters). I hope they're together now, though :hoot:

#comebackforallstarsinlike4years

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 03:50:46 PM »
From Jeffrey:

I got to experience something so Amazing...So incredible... So life changing this year. I'm incredibly blessed to have gone on this crazy adventure they call The Amazing Race where I got to meet 21 absolutely amazing people and of course my even more amazing partner Jackie! #TeamJJ!! Met So many personalities from all walks of life... And we now get to forever cherish this once in a lifetime opportunity and will forever be The Amazing Race 26 family. I don't normally make videos but had to because of how much the show has changed my life. Everything from the other contestants, traveling the world, and most importantly taking myself outside of my comfort zone and doing things I normally wouldn't have done. I couldn't have asked for a better partner despite the fact we didn't win the million. At the end of the day I'm so fortunate and proud to just have been given this opportunity. I love my Amazing Race 26 family and all of our awesome experiences. It was one hell of a ride. Lastly I want to thank my family, friends, and most importantly fans for all of your support!! #amazing race #teamjj #cbs #tar26fam #travels #wheresweldo #AmazingRace #tar26

http://flipagram.com/f/TspJwHKG0e
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 08:07:24 PM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1004038/blind-daters-jeff-and-jackie-kiss-the-race-goodbye-as-fifth-to-go-arrived-as-strangers-left-as-friends/

Blind Daters, Jeff and Jackie, Kiss the Race Goodbye as Fifth to Go
Arrived as strangers, left as friends

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 08:50am.

Jeff and Jackie, the fifth team eliminated on Season 26, answer your questions about running The Amazing Race.

1. Kathy W: Do you feel KARMA is what got you eliminated? Remember hiding the fanny pack with the Passports? In this show, KARMA usually bites back. But you guys had great chemistry. Hope you are still dating.
Jeff:
First off, I think we need to set the record straight. Jackie and I wanted to race with integrity and I believe we did given the situation. I think one thing that the viewers did not get to see was the reason we decided not to make it blatantly obvious to Tyler and Laura the fact we had their fanny pack in our possession. They wanted to play a deceptive and shady game from the get go by lying to us about a clue box that was at the shrine in Bangkok when we ran to where it was (ahead of many teams) and upon going up stairs Tyler told us the box was NOT upstairs which cost us precious time searching elsewhere knowing it would hurt us on that particular leg. Furthermore, the fanny pack was never hidden it was in the backseat of the car where they left it along. In my optional an error like that should've been their demise and costed them their position in the show. As far as answering your question, no I do not believe karma had anything to do with our elimination it was more of a logistics and navigation issue.
Jackie: I am so happy this was a question to be asked! Would like it to be known that the reason Jeff and I acted like we did not know if Tyler and Laura's fanny pack was in the car when they asked was because what you did not see in the leg before, when we were in Bangkok, was that Tyler actually first lied to Jeff when we were searching for a clue box at the shrine before going into our detour. We asked him if he knew where the clue box was and he told us he didn't when he actually did. After that we knew the game was on and to be honest that was karma back on them regarding the whole fanny pack situation. There is actually a behind-the-scenes video with this clip you can check out. As for hiding it, we did not touch the fanny pack because rules do state you are not allowed to touch another team's belongings. But no worries, we knew this was how the race was going to be and respect the competition and did not take it personal, and we are actually really great friends with them and are cheering them on as they continue on the race!

2. Shannon A: What was the most awkward moment for you as a blind date couple?
Jeff:
The whole show lol. It's really hard to display natural reactions and chemistry due to the fact everything you say and do is televised. I think it would be uncomfortable for most people.
Jackie: I have never been on a blind date before so was really uncertain at first about this whole concept and especially going into the race with a total stranger! I would have to say the most awkward moment was definitely when I first met Jeff at the start line. I was so nervous and excited that I didn't know what to do when finally meeting and ended up jumping on him! But, within the first 5 minutes I knew we clicked and felt comfortable with him right away. Our first night together in Tokyo was also a little awkward when sharing the cubicle to sleep, but I think that whole sleeping arrangement was awkward for everyone, for either blind date couple or existing couple!

3. Dave W: It seemed like navigation and traveling between tasks were the main factors in your elimination. How difficult was it finding your way around Monaco?
Jeff:
You bring up a valid point. Navigation between tasks is what makes the show a challenge for every team. I think the navigation from point A to point B is what determines the success and failure of most teams regardless of where they are geographically. Monaco was by far one of the more difficult places to navigate due to their confusing road signs and the entire setup of their local road system.
Jackie: Traveling in Monaco and finding locations was extremely difficult and which yes, unfortunately caused our elimination. We also got very unlucky with directions that we had gotten from different locals we came across. We weren't able to decipher which directions were correct and which weren't. It was extremely stressful and looked like every team was struggling. Unfortunately, Jeff and I got the most lost at the wrong time when heading to the pit stop. It was a close race at the end there!

4. Karyn J: Which place would you like to return to?
Jeff:
If there's one place I'd like to visit again it would hands down be Phuket Thailand. It was one of the most beautiful places with breathtaking views. Not to mention I love Thai food!
Jackie: I loved Phuket, Thailand! The beaches looked so beautiful. Definitely would like to go back there one day! All the countries we visited were actually all incredible! We were so lucky!

5. Jenny B: Loved watching you both on the race! Hope you are dating now. My question is: during the show you mentioned that you were very similar, both alphas, passionate etc. What were some of the differences between you and how do you feel you did in playing to one another's strengths and weaknesses?
Jeff:
I think Jackie and I had many similar traits. We were both competitive but not overly critical of our mistakes. We both have tempers and can get flustered quickly. I think the major difference between Jackie and myself is the way we communicate. I'm a little different when it comes to handling arguments. I like to apologize and move on and I think Jackie dwells on arguments a little more.
Jackie: Jeff and I are very similar in a lot of ways which was why we were so able to get along so easily. Sometimes it would cause us to bump heads, but we were able to work it out and move on. Jeff first told me he couldn't sing or dance. Luckily, I am a dancer so was able to help get him through the showgirl challenge and have studied music my whole life so got lucky being able to perform the yodel in Germany. As for me, I told Jeff I am a terrible driver so he will have to drive and when it came to disassembling the transmission in Bangkok, luckily Jeff was able to get it done because that would have been something I could not have done alone. I think we had a little bit of everything we needed to get through the race together but unfortunately just got lost at the wrong time. It would have been interesting to see how we would have done if we were still able to continue on the race. We still had so much in us to give!

6. Mary A: Who among the remaining teams do you think will win this race?
Jeff:
I think from day one the Olympians posed the greatest threat. They communicate excellently and run a relatively smooth race with little arguments and are both extremely athletic. They're Olympians. Enough said haha.
Jackie: All the remaining teams are so different and great in their own way! I love all 3 dating teams left, but I would definitely like to see one of the 3 blind date teams left to take the win! I know everyone had doubted the blind date teams from the beginning, so I feel it would be awesome to show that it can be done!

7. Tina M: Do you feel the chemistry you two have, could lead to much more in the future?
Jeff:
Jackie and I had good chemistry from day one. We get along well. We both had our eye on the prize. Not too sure if the chemistry will grow organically outside of the show due to the fact we live on opposite sides of the U.S. I'm not a huge proponent for long distance relationships.
Jackie: Jeff and I did have great chemistry and worked really well together. What you saw on the show was all real. As for the future, Jeff and I are still great friends and continue to keep in touch! I gave him my number and he is someone I know I will have in my life forever. We shared an incredible and life changing experience. Unfortunately, we both live on opposite sides of the country so are both not looking to try a long distance relationship at this time in our lives. If Jeff did live near me then I would have loved to try and see if anything could happen between us, but as of now we are not dating and I am currently single!

8. Mykle F: If you have one suggestion for applicants, what would that be? P.S. You were one of the best teams this season. No doubt. Congrats for racing honorably and with the right attitude.
Jeff:
Thank you so much for your kind words and I would agree we ARE the best team of this season and our elimination was far too soon. With that being said my best advice I can give to future applicants is understand that this is a television show so you need to understand that they're certain characters and personalities the show needs to make for great TV. i.e. come in with a gameplan as to what your particular role or theme is going to be. Are you the nerdy team, the athletic team, the attractive team, the underdogs, the snakes in the grass, the fun team and comical team, or it never hurts to be "that team" that is constantly arguing and bringing drama to the show (makes for great television). In addition to that I think networking and finding the right people in the industry and reaching out to them never hurts just like with any other job or gig in life you want to obtain.
Jackie: My suggestion for applicants would be to just be yourself! I know it may sound cliché, but be as real as you can be and that is what I believe works the best!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:50:22 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 08:27:56 PM »
Only Jeff speaks.  :(
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 10:50:45 PM »
Only Jeff speaks.  :(

Last season in Kym & Alli's E.I. they first published Alli's answer and later added Kym's. Let's hope this time happens the same.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez