Author Topic: TAR 26: Blair Townsend & Hayley Keel "Blind Daters"  (Read 211337 times)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Re: TAR 26: Blair Townsend & Hayley Keel "Blind Daters"
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2015, 07:52:42 PM »
Interesting insight from local news about Hayley's viewing party.

(source: http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/amazing-race-contestant-from-st-petersburg-comes-up-short/2229922)

'Amazing Race' contestant from St. Petersburg comes up short

ST. PETERSBURG — On a dozen flat-screen TVs on the Ferg's Sports Bar patio, an entire crowd wondered how it all would shake out Friday night.
Sure, the Tampa Bay Rays were on the road against the Minnesota Twins, but at the bar, just walking distance from Tropicana Field, eyes were glued to CBS' The Amazing Race 26.

They wanted to see whether St. Petersburg nurse Hayley Keel and Blair Townsend, a doctor from North Florida, came out winners in the final hour with $1 million.

They didn't. Keel and Townsend finished third. Parts of the crowd shouted encouragement at Keel, who was hosting a watch party with fellow castmates Jeffrey Weldon, Bergen Olson, Kurt Jodan Belcher, C.J. Harris and Lebya Simpson.

Others cheered for the winners, #TeamSoCal Tyler Adams and Laura Pierson.

As the show aired, Keel's trademark nagging of her partner grated on Ferg's patrons.

"I'd like to see how they would react in that situation," Keel said. "Anyone can sit on their couch and think they would be different, but until you're in that situation you don't know."

She had her supporters, though. Co-workers made #TeamHayley T-shirts.

"She's been really busy since the show finished, but she's completely the same," said Stefanie Tucker, 38, a fellow nurse at All Children's Hospital. "We're all really proud of her."

Friends have been watching the show on Friday night at Ferg's for months, sometimes drawing up to 50 people. This Friday night, the numbers were in the hundreds and many lined up to take pictures with the other contestants in the building.

Townsend had a work conference in New Orleans and planned to watch with castmate Jonathan Knight after a New Kids on the Block concert, Keel said.

Constant arguments slowed #RXForLove, Keel and Townsend's team, but never put them out of the race.

Keel, 28, moved to St. Petersburg more than 18 months ago from her native Ohio to be with a boyfriend, whom she broke up with six months after relocating. The weather's a little better than in her hometown of Niles, Ohio, so she stuck around and kept her job as a pediatric registered nurse in the emergency room at All Children's.

Keel auditioned for The Amazing Race with a male friend, but got a call instead asking her to be a part of Season 26's blind dating experiment. Producers paired her with Townsend, a U.S. Navy physician living on Amelia Island.

Keel was married from May 2011 until her divorce was ordered in September 2014. She said the extreme blind date with Townsend may have been affected by the fact that this would be her first time really dating in her adult life.

Initially, Keel and Townsend looked like a good match. She commented to the camera that he "was exactly her type" on the first episode.

As the challenges started to roll in, however, it became clear that differing styles of communication were going to make success difficult, and a love connection near impossible.

Keel complained in challenge after challenge that Townsend didn't listen to her, and even after a mistake, she'd hold a grudge and yell at him.

"One of Hayley's strong points is her inside voice," Townsend joked to the camera in one episode.

The fights earned them a reputation with other teams, who dubbed them the Bickersons. Fans of the show thought Keel was whiny.

They got prizes to show for their trouble: a Fit Bit Kit that includes an electronic activity tracker, a cellphone, a laptop, home exercise equipment or a one-year gym membership; a trip for two to India; and trip for two to Cape Town, South Africa.

She and Townsend didn't make a love connection, and Keel said she's proudly dating around.

"Blair and I are like the best of friends now," she said.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2015, 08:00:52 PM »

Blair really looks like Sufjan Stevens in this picture :lol:

Offline TTfan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2015, 08:04:10 PM »
Wow, she was married before? She moved to Florida for a boyfriend? Is it the same guy.

It kinda sucks that you made a decision like that for a person then the relationship falls apart.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »
St. Pete nurse 3rd in 'Amazing Race'

St. Petersburg, Florida -- After 35,00 miles, five continents, eight countries and the longest blind date ever, Hayley Keel is back home in St. Pete.

"I've been on blind dates and I've been able to leave if I didn't like it and this I was in it for the long haul," she said at Ferg's during a watch party with hundreds of fans of the "The Amazing Race."

Hayley, a nurse at All Children's Hospital, was paired with Blair Townsend, a Navy doctor, who she had never met until they got to the starting line in the show.

St. Pete nurse 3rd in 'Amazing Race'

"It was worth every second of it," she said. "Good, bad, it was tiring. It was so hard some days, but we made it through and we made It to the last leg which was our ultimate goal."

While the team prescription for love – had enough chemistry to go the distance – they didn't find love or win the race and its $1 million prize.

Still fans cheered as a hometown girl crossed the finish line.

"May the best team win. We had our mistakes, but made it to the final three as a blind date. That's more than we ever could have imagined for ourselves," she said.

Hayley says she has no regrets and she tells me she would absolutely do the amazing race again.

Source: http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/05/15/st-pete-nurse-3rd-in-amazing-race/27419923/

Hayley  :'(

It sucks that now that Reunion Tower will always be her Achilles Heel forever. So sad. :(

Hayley said she wanna do the race again <33

Online SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2015, 08:59:58 PM »
I have a lot of love for Hayley! I think she's awesome and Blair is very cool as well!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2015, 11:23:59 PM »
Robbed! They would've been the best outcome to win in that Final 3.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2015, 12:11:40 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/j0KT4xk3tpo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/j0KT4xk3tpo</a>
Hayley & Blair get sentimental en route to the Finish Line.

Blair is such a gentleman. Constantly making Hayley feel better for screwing up.

I am nearly cry watching this video.  :'( :'( :'(
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline TTfan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2015, 02:37:45 AM »

Offline TTfan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2015, 03:43:55 AM »
I just watched rob cesternino's recap of the finale.

Do you guys think there's a division in this season? The team laura vs team hayley.

For people that has been very vocal about how close the cast are a few weeks ago, there seems to be a cold air between them.

Note:

Those who went to Laura's party:
1.) Laura
2.) Tyler
3.) Matt
4.) Ashley
5.) Mike
6.) Rochelle
7.) Harley
8.) Jelani

Those who went to Hayley's party:
1.) Hayley
2.) Jeff
3.) Kurt
4.) Bergen
5.) CJ
6.) Libby

Blair and Jonathan are in the same city.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 03:48:42 AM by TTfan »

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2015, 05:07:23 AM »
Add Jenny to Laura's Party.
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2015, 06:49:09 AM »
I guess all teams except Jackie, Aly & Steve and Jeff & Lyda were at finale parties. This is a bit off-topic, but I'm curious why they didn't make an appearance in those.

Offline TTfan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2015, 06:53:48 AM »
I guess all teams except Jackie, Aly & Steve and Jeff & Lyda were at finale parties. This is a bit off-topic, but I'm curious why they didn't make an appearance in those.

I can only guess. Jackie is a Vegas show girl. Its a friday night. She must have  some work.

Jeff and Lyda are a flight attendant and a pilot. Maybe work?

Ally and Steve. No clue. You'd think they'll be with Tyler and Laura since they are close to Matt and Ashley.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2015, 10:54:47 PM »
If Hayley is with Jeff instead of Blair i'm gonna punch myself.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2015, 02:28:02 AM »
Hayley & Laura for Big Brother.  :funny:

Offline Jenn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2015, 06:36:42 AM »
If Hayley is with Jeff instead of Blair i'm gonna punch myself.
Hayley has said she and Jeff are good friends since they live in the same area.

Offline Jenn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2015, 06:50:18 AM »
Do you guys think there's a division in this season? The team laura vs team hayley
I read that Laura felt bad about some of the negative comments she made about the other teams. I don't remember Blair or Hayley saying anything negative except Hayley getting frustrated with Blair.

Hayley seems to love the entire cast from what I've observed. IMO if there's a division it was initiated by Laura not Hayley.

Offline Suejan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2015, 12:30:52 AM »
A line from the proposal scene of the movie Emma starting Gwyneth Paltrow, I believe, sums up perfectly the dynamics of Blair and Hayley:

" Maybe it is our imperfections that make us perfect for each other." :) :hearts:

Offline Suejan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #292 on: May 19, 2015, 12:35:40 AM »
Just finished watching the re-run of the final leg and I just want to share my thoughts......

Blair and Hayley may have lost the race but they WON the hearts of their many followers because we believe that they ran a clean, honest(well, except for that one fib) and fun race.

Hayley may be "mean" but her meanness is only ever towards Blair, her teammate. She was never mean to any of the other teams and never to the locals. She never badmouthed any other team, never used any other team and never backstabbed any other team.

Whatever happens, this team will forever remain in the consciousness of all diehard fans. We will never, ever get enough of Blair and Hayley.  :luvya: :luvya:

Offline TTfan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #293 on: May 19, 2015, 06:28:19 AM »
Blair and Hayley's got interviewed in RobHasAPodcast.

Their part is in 31:00

http://robhasawebsite.com/amazing-race-2015-top-4-exit-interviews-podcast/

I think there is friction between Laura and Hayley. LOL.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #294 on: May 19, 2015, 10:23:44 AM »
:hiya, Suejan! :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Suejan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #295 on: May 19, 2015, 10:33:55 AM »
:hiya, Suejan! :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!

Thanks so much for the welcome! :yess: I've been a fan of TAR since S1 but never as loyal and dedicated as you guys. You're all awesome! :cheer:  I've always been a lurker but since the advent of Blair and Hayley, i just can't help myself anymore. I know I have to join in the fun. LOL!

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2015, 02:05:49 PM »
Hayley And Blair Miss The Mat On Amazing Race's Finale, Coming In Third

After traveling the world together as blind daters on The Amazing Race Season 26, Blair and Hayley raced their way into third place. Then we asked them questions fans submitted on Facebook. Here's what they said, in their own words:

1. Yelena R: To Blair: What was the story behind the piggyback ride at the final pit stop? Was it impromptu or did Hayley make you do it?

Blair: It was impromptu. We got out of the cab knowing that Phil and all of our fellow contestants would be cheering us to the mat as we galloped in. I wanted to do something special and memorable to celebrate our crazy journey around the world. Even though we didn't pull off the win we wanted to end on a positive, upbeat note. We dropped our bags over 100 yards from the mat and I had Hayley jump on my back. If I had to do it over again I would have done it at about 25 yards–she was accidentally (I hope, accidentally) choking me out. The spin at the end was just me being playful. Luckily, there were no injuries.

2. Zoe J: Hayley, when you watched the season back, were you embarrassed of your behavior toward Blair?

Hayley: I would never be embarrassed of something I did in my life or a way I reacted. I reacted how I felt at the time and in this situation, I didn't feel I needed to sugarcoat how I was feeling. There were multiple times I felt frustrated or written off by Blair. Going into this, obviously I knew I was going to be paired with someone and regardless of if we were romantically compatible or not, I wanted someone who worked as a team. Many times in the beginning, I felt Blair completely disregarded me and I wanted to have an equal role on our team. I knew almost immediately that Blair wasn't for me. He's very attractive and a great person, but just not my particular type. Being that I did not know him before this, I misconstrued him disregarding me as disrespecting me. Respect is huge to me, once I felt disrespected after trying to play an equal role on the team, my guard was up and I was over it. Once Blair and I got to know each other, I was able to realize that he wasn't disregarding me, he is just a leader and wants to take charge by nature, which he has to be, given his military and medical careers.

3. Charlene G: Blair and Haley, are you two going to keep in touch and try to get to know each other after the race? I know you both said you'd do this again with each other and I hope you get that chance, I think you both could win.

Hayley: We have definitely kept in touch and have gotten to know each other much better. I would definitely do the Race again with Blair and I have absolutely no doubt that a second season for us would result in a win. We have been fans of the show for so long that this was a dream come true for both of us. We were two of the very few who went through the traditional application process without being recruited because we had been wanting to do the Race for quite some time. We hope a second chance is in our future to take care of unfinished business!

Blair: Hayley is the only person in this world that knows first-hand what we went through to make it to the final leg of the "Race." We will share this forever. We have done a really good job keeping in touch after the race. It has been fun to get to know her in a less stressful environment--far less yelling, hah! We had so much momentum heading into the final leg and I think we were the team to beat. We would be contenders in any future "Race."

4. Jordan K: A question for Blair. What moment did you really have a gut feeling that you and Hayley weren't a match?

Blair: I was overcome by the amount of positive energy Hayley brought to the starting line and it was awesome to know that she worked as a nurse. I think on paper, we seemed like a great match. Hayley is an attractive woman with great qualities. I just knew pretty early on that she is not the right fit for me. I probably came to that realization on the way to LAX on the first leg.

5. Cindy S: What is your relationship like now with your teammate?

Hayley: Blair and I have a great relationship now. He is one of my best friends and I talk to him at least a few times per week. He's such a huge and important part of my life. I find myself consulting him about any minor or major life decision. We see each other as much as possible, which tends to be difficult as we both have busy schedules. We are definitely meant to be in each other's lives, just not romantically.

Blair: Our real life relationship is stronger than you would guess by watching us on the "Race." Zero arguments and I listen all the time! We talk a lot about all of the incredible support we receive from our fans and usually have a weekly FaceTime session Friday night before the episode airs.

6. Ann L: Would either of you ever sign up for a long-term blind date again?

Hayley: I am asked this often. If it was for an experience such as The Amazing Race, I absolutely would. You never know what can come from your experiences. I know I am fortunate enough to have a lifelong friend from mine.

Blair: When Phil promoted Season 26 of the "Race" as "The Most Extreme Blind Date Ever" he was not overstating it. The better we did, the longer the date lasted (even if we wanted the date to end at some steps along the way). Within 12 hours of meeting we had already seen each other sleep mouth agape on a plane and tried to cover up the perils of morning breath. I'm still digesting my experience on Season 26 and would like to have a date in a less hectic environment before considering another long-term blind date.

7. Chris S: What was the toughest leg for you two? And which one was the most fun?

Hayley: In all honesty, we had fun on every single leg; however, I would say our toughest leg was Nagano, Japan. We were at the back of the pack, we had some navigational issues, and the ice skating challenge was so tough. Also, it was our worst finish. As I said, we had fun every single leg. For me, the most fun was the first leg in Namibia. It was such a humbling experience to be in a native village with the native people and be immersed in their culture. We also had the chance to track the elephant and experience the safari and then camp at the base of materhorns after having drove 215km through the countryside. It was such a surreal experience and not many people can say their first real camping trip was in Africa.

Blair: The toughest leg for us, in my opinion, was Bavaria. It was one of our longest travel days and I was a little under-the-weather. It just so happened that Hayley was particularly feisty that leg and our teamwork was less than awesome. Both the beer stein and crate stacking challenge were some of the most physically demanding of the season. And to cap it all off I had to sing which was terrifying for me and anyone that listened. The final leg in Dallas was the most fun. As much as Hayley and I wanted to win we knew that we could be very proud of our performance by making it to the finale. Getting shot up to the top of AT&T stadium to get my playbook takes the cake, hands down.

Source: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1004235/hayley-and-blair-miss-the-mat-on-amazing-race-s-finale-coming-in-third-no-rxforlove-for-these-two/

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2015, 02:07:42 PM »
Blair: It was impromptu. We got out of the cab knowing that Phil and all of our fellow contestants would be cheering us to the mat as we galloped in. I wanted to do something special and memorable to celebrate our crazy journey around the world. Even though we didn't pull off the win we wanted to end on a positive, upbeat note. We dropped our bags over 100 yards from the mat and I had Hayley jump on my back. If I had to do it over again I would have done it at about 25 yards–she was accidentally (I hope, accidentally) choking me out. The spin at the end was just me being playful. Luckily, there were no injuries.

:lol:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2015, 02:23:53 PM »

:colors :colors :colors

Offline TTfan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2015, 05:44:30 PM »
Amazing Race's Hayley and Blair Explain All the Nagging

Hayley and Blair lost the $1 million on The Amazing Race after she blew their sizable lead with a major blunder at the Reunion Tower Roadblock. If you ask fans, though, it was karma for her constant nagging at Blair the whole season to listen to her. So, does Hayley think she pestered him too much? And does Blair have the patience of a saint? Find out below -- and why they don't think they would've won with their lead.

So Hayley, what went wrong on the tower?
Hayley: [Laughs] I saw this little thing in the parking lot, and it was race colors, so I just thought that had to be it. I was like, "It's gonna be something really small, not something obvious." I had such attention to detail that I looked for the littlest things and not something big and obvious! That's what did it in for me, being too particular.

So you didn't see the flags at all even though they were huge and flapping in the wind
Hayley: You know, I caught a glimpse of those, but I thought, "Eh, that's nothing over there," because of where it was. It was like an abandoned area, so I thought [the parking lot] was perfect. It was right on top of a building. It has race colors. Honestly, from where I could see, it looked like a clue box. ... I think we had a 20-minute lead on [the other teams], maybe more. I know we saw them pull in, but I don't think they saw us after that. I wish I could say it was strategy that we wanted to leave them before they could follow us! [Laughs] But it wasn't! It was just a mistake.

When did you realize it wasn't right? You had a hard time trying to get to the parking lot.
Hayley: That was the thing. There was like a locked gate and there wasn't really a way to get through, so we kept driving around this building, trying to figure out a way to get into that parking garage. Then I just knew it had to have been wrong. It was just taking way too long. It was way too complicated. Nowhere in the race had it been that difficult to get to somewhere.

Why were you asking Blair to direct the cabbie when he wasn't up there with you?
Hayley: [Laughs] I was trying to tell him where I thought it was, like, "It's in this building. Do you think this is the road?" We're each other's right-hand man, and I would look to him for anything and everything because I trusted his judgment. I just figured if I was telling him where the building was, he could give his input on where he thought we could drive to get there. It was in a little city area and there were a lot of side streets and parking lots. You could see the building, but you couldn't see how to get there. Just navigating around was difficult.
Blair: The whole race is set up for teamwork. Roadblocks are just those things where your teammate is off alone and someone might get a harder Roadblock, someone might get an easier one, but this was one of those Roadblocks where we couldn't use teamwork to work through it. I just remember wanting to figure exactly what she saw and where it was. We knew it had to be close to the railroad tracks. That was in the clue. We were riding up the railroad tracks. Realistically, if we had just driven down the railroad trails like an eighth of a mile, we would've found it.
Hayley: [Laughs] Yeah, we were right there! But we went and drove way out of the way. I think our taxi driver hated us that day.

How defeated were you guys seeing that Jenny and Laura worked together and they both passed you when you had a healthy lead on them?
Hayley: You know, when it came down to it, I don't even know if we would've won with our lead because the selfie challenge was hard for us. They didn't show us doing it, but we took a long time. We were too busy taking in the moments and enjoying the scenery on the race and we would forget about taking selfies. We'd get somewhere and we were just in awe. ... When we would take selfies, it would be at airports or on trains. That was when we would think about it. Our selfies were kind of bland!

That's exactly what Jenny and Jelani said.
Hayley: Yeah! Our selfies were just us on a plane or on an airport floor, so we were like, "What airport floor do you think that is?" Or "Blair, when did you have a mustache?" "When did you wear that hat?"
Blair: Unfortunately, that was way too often! That was the problem. We were upset we didn't win for sure. We're very competitive people. We said it the last couple legs, but we started picking up tons of momentum and figuring each other out more and trusting each other's instincts more. That really showed. ... We start as a team, we rise and fall as a team, but we made that last mistake. We were hoping that the leg would be really long and we could work our way back into it. I'm speaking for Hayley when I say this, but just making it to the final leg and racing for the $1 million, I think realistically that's all you can hope for starting out. There are so many ridiculous variables and things that can go wrong.
Hayley: Exactly. You saw what happened to Steve and Aly. We thought if we made it to the final three, we'd be there with them, and it was a tire that did them in essentially. Any little thing can happen. For us, after the first two legs, we felt so down and so defeated, so to make this comeback that we did, we couldn't be prouder.

What did you think about Tyler and Jelani talking about how they didn't want you guys to win? What did they have against you?
Hayley: We worked very well with Jelani and Jenny. Laura and Tyler, we didn't really work well with them. Watching the show and seeing how much they talked about us and other teams, that's kind of how they were the entire race. I honestly kinda feel bad for them if that that's all they did. I mean, we're really not that exciting people to talk about!
Blair: Speak for yourself!
Hayley: [Laughs] I mean, I think they felt threatened by us since they had to talk about us. I would feel threatened by us too. We finished higher than them quite frequently. I think we ran an overall better race than they did, and they dealt with it by talking about us.

Hayley, do you think you nagged Blair too much?
Hayley: Yeah, I do think I should've gone easier on Blair. At the time, I just felt like I was disregarded. I get it. Blair's first impression of me was me not doing so great in the mud run. I think I was able to prove myself later on. Unfortunately, those things came later. I know Blair will agree with me on this, but I did a lot of the physical challenges! [Laughs] ... We weren't getting along at first because we didn't know each other and we didn't have a chance to know each other. Our brief instances I felt like weren't enough. But once I got to know Blair, I realized that Blair's just a natural leader. That's how he needs to be in his medical and military careers. He needs to be a person who takes charge and goes with it. Once I got to know him, I realized he wasn't being disrespectful or being malicious or writing me off.

Blair, what was it like from your end? I think everyone's in awe of your patience.
Blair: [Laughs] Yeah, I remember saying this on a casting video or something ... that clichéd answer of, "Yeah, I'm going to be introduced to a stranger and we're gonna have to figure out each other's strengths and weaknesses." That was the party line. I figured it might take until the airport to figure it out, but it was a work in progress the whole time. It was figuring out what's worth arguing about, what is her strength in any given situation, what is mine. We tried our best to be compatible. I said this at the end, but I trust Hayley and her instincts to a very impressive degree. I'm still a little confused in certain situations, but correct me if I'm wrong, Hayley, but just being in stressful environments when we needed an answer quickly ... that's very anxiety-ridden. Some of the times I think it came out in a different way for Hayley, raising her voice at me. I remember thinking the first few times, "Man, how can I do a better job making this not happen?"
Hayley: Right. And that's how I felt too. I didn't want to be yelling at him. I was like, "Man, how can I make him see I want to have a role in this too?" If you watched the show, teams like Laura and Tyler, Tyler was the one who did most of the stuff for their team. It was like that on a couple teams with the guy taking more control than the girl. I'm not like that. It doesn't need to be a 90-10, 80-20 relationship; I need it to be 50-50. I want to pull my own weight and make sure that he knew I could keep up.

Blair, I loved your "Still looking" deadpan when Phil said, "You guys were looking for love." So what did you think of the twist?
Hayley: [Laughs] That was so funny! I thought the twist was great. ... Blair and I are huge fans of the show and have been for a long time. Being fans, we know the show is based largely on relationships. Seeing people paired together at a moment's notice, it's awesome to see if you do need a solid relationship going into it or if you can meet on the fly and go with it. I think our season really proved that the blind dates can work really well together.
Blair: I think it spiced The Amazing Race up. After 26 seasons, you're gonna have haters, traditionalists who don't want to see the basic structure of the show altered. But you have to get with the times a little and spice things up. I think it did exactly that. Maybe there won't be another blind date edition, but at least it opens the doors and gets people thinking to be more creative with the structures of the team. I thought it was genius and I was glad to be part of it.

What are you up to now?
Hayley: I'm working on my masters. I'm still a pediatric nurse. Blair and I get along great. We're best of friends. Blair is definitely someone who's gonna be in my life forever.
Blair: Life really hasn't change aside from seeing my ugly mug on the TV screen every Friday night. I'm still a doctor in the Navy. I wanted to make the finale party with other contestants, but I had a medical conference in New Orleans this whole weekend. But I got to hang out with Jon Knight for his concert, so that was pretty cool. I think Hayley and I had a rough go at the beginning of the race. We were at each other's throats. The story line that we created -- having to constantly fight this uphill battle with our relationship but making it very, very far and getting to a point where we had a mutual respect for each other and forgave each other for our faults and commended our strengths -- makes for good TV. I think a lot of our fans recognize that. That's what they like about us. They wanted to see us succeed. I think we did succeed, but not all the way to the end, which is unfortunate. We understand there's a lot of stress on the race that brought out a side of us that normally wouldn't happen in real life. We're just working on a better friendship outside of the race and we're doing a really good job of that.

Source: http://www.tvguide.com/news/amazing-race-hayley-blair/